Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:25:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stubburn front Caliper Piston removed with grease gun!!  (Read 2173 times)
Qomomoko

Return of the Yoga

« on: May 15, 2015, 07:53:56 PM »

While prepping my ninja 250 for powder coating I ran into a caliper piston that would not budge. Compressed air released the left piston on the video, the right was stuck. I tried the grease gun a week ago, bought at Harbor Freight, but nothing. Grease would not come through the nipple. I got a new nipple and grease gun end and it was was working...

I took video of the beginning but it got corrupted. Here is video of the last episode. Now time to clean the caliper, make sure it is in working condition and then powder coat it!!!!

For some reason the  pistons did not POP in this method. During the compressed air, that thing popped big time .

also... have noticed that the Ninja 250 front and rear caliper actually have different design besides the location of the bleed valve, the internal port for the brake fluid is much larger in what I think is the rear.

The rubber rings, 1st one is for dirt and the thicker second ring is the piston seal; dirt one is toast.

Pistons are bad too, can see where the mechanics used pliers from the machine shop. :kurt:

I already ordered caliper kit for both...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 03:24:44 AM by Qomomoko » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: