Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:45:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Scrambler the new Monster?  (Read 31931 times)
eric

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 11:22:18 AM »

So I am putting up with idiocy at work all day and I take a moment to step back so as to not murder anyone and end up staring at pics of bikes I have decorating my cubicle.  And then I notice something on the scrambler:

Does that rear shock position seem wrong?  I mean, at a 45* angle, aren't you losing half the travel of one mounted at near 90*?  For comparison, a pic of a 620 I pulled off the interweb:

Not sure exactly how that works but they have the same thing going on in cars as well. See this Zonda:

Perhaps someone more mechanically astute can explain?  popcorn

Los Angeles to the Arctic Ocean, 10,000 mile solo trip on an S2R800:
thesunhaswings.blogspot.com
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 11:49:49 AM »

Shock position is very similar to an SS also.

That type of shock set-up eliminates the necessity for a linkage which reduces production costs.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 12:23:03 PM »

Shock position is very similar to an SS also.

That type of shock set-up eliminates the necessity for a linkage which reduces production costs.

More detail re: linkage, please.  popcorn

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 12:35:05 PM »

More detail re: linkage, please.  popcorn
Remove the seat of your Monster and look at the shock and the way it connects to everything. Wink

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 07:52:28 PM »

Does that rear shock position seem wrong?  I mean, at a 45* angle, aren't you losing half the travel of one mounted at near 90*?  For comparison, a pic of a 620 I pulled off the interweb

Check out the 1199

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Raux

Re:
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 08:20:06 PM »

1199 is a linkage. New monster mts ss scrambler are linkless
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

Re:
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 08:21:27 PM »

1199 is a linkage. New monster mts ss scrambler are linkless

Ah

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Kev M
Italian Bike Nut

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2015, 06:40:07 AM »

A "blank slate" standard bike with classic lines at a low price point with an air cooled engine.

<snip>

now the scrambler is here and looking at the frame and tank on its own, you can really turn it into whatever you want.

I dont mean to hate on newer monsters, theyre great in their own right, just not my thing.

Yes, yes in every way...

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III
16 FLHP (Police RK)
13 Guzzi V7
11 M696
fragile_this_side_up

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2015, 07:24:18 AM »

Kawasaki has been doing that for some time on the Ninja and Versys:

ScottRNelson

Mr. Dual Sport Rider

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 08:58:42 AM »

The distance from the swingarm pivot to where the shock attaches to the swingarm determines how much travel you get.  The angle isn't really relevant.

And the reason I resurrected this old thread is because I'm trying to figure out what the best forum is for Scrambler information.  I know that this forum, unlike the other one everybody bailed out of years ago, isn't afraid of pointing at other forums.

So where can I get more user information for the Scrambler?

Can you believe it's been seven years since I sold all of my Ducatis?  I think it's time to get another one.

Scott R. Nelson, 2001 XR650L, 2020 KTM 790 Adv R, Meridian, ID
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »

The distance from the swingarm pivot to where the shock attaches to the swingarm determines how much travel you get.  The angle isn't really relevant.

And the reason I resurrected this old thread is because I'm trying to figure out what the best forum is for Scrambler information.  I know that this forum, unlike the other one everybody bailed out of years ago, isn't afraid of pointing at other forums.

Can you believe it's been seven years since I sold all of my Ducatis?  I think it's time to get another one.

But you did the smart thing, if I am to believe your signature line... and kept the XR650...   applause

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »

To be honest, I have no idea.

I do know the Scrambler owners haven't come here...at all.

perspective

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2017, 06:56:18 PM »

The Scrambler section in Ducati MS is very quiet. They may hang out with the other young'ns on sites using the facebook platform for bobber/café racer forums. All the model specific independent forums (Paso, Elefant, Multistrada) are all quiet too. Maybe we all gotta work harder and longer for the same or less money since the GFC? Everyone older with responsibilities is probably working their asses off, so I guess I can believe a younger buddy when he says there are younger folk active on facebook sites.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2017, 09:08:03 PM »

Scott. Send 'em here. Grin

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Langanobob

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2017, 10:19:43 PM »

Scott, our friends over at advrider have long threads going on Scramblers and also Desert Sleds. 

http://advrider.com/index.php?forums/moto-bellissima-all-other-dualsports.97/

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: