Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 03:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding to Patagonia  (Read 120433 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #405 on: July 14, 2017, 07:17:10 AM »

At least you didn't have to fight an Alpaca Cheesy

they spit

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #406 on: July 14, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »

1.21GW is a worldly man now. He can handle himself.

laughingdp

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #407 on: July 14, 2017, 11:44:19 AM »

they spit

I'm an expert flatulater so we both have our unique offense.  I imagine it'd be a draw.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #408 on: July 14, 2017, 01:51:13 PM »

I'm an expert flatulater so we both have our unique offense.  I imagine it'd be a draw.
That's unique? laughingdp

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »

Jumping ahead for a moment:

Was riding from the wine region of Argentina towards Cordoba and decided to spend the night in a nice valley called Tafi del Valle.  It was really windy and hot, probably high 80s F, and very dry desert climate when I arrived.  So I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and found a campground.  I went to town for a snack and to buy some food for a late dinner, and when I returned I noticed an enormous rush of clouds passing over the surrounding ridges and flowing over the lake.  It was like a dam had burst, the clouds were moving so quickly.  They smacked into the mountain on the far side of the lake and created a big billowing cumulous that rose up and puffed like an angry bear.  I'd never seen anything like it before.

At that point the temperature was dropping rapidly and by the time I awoke the following day my tent was crusted with a layer of ice.  The whole valley was dusting with snow and so I had to ride (very slowly) through sleet and slush to my next destination.  All the while I kept picturing that scene in Motorcycle Diaries when the two protagonists are riding in the thick snow and have to push the bike, but also the scene from Dumb & Dumber when they ride to Colorado and Jim Carey has the snot-cicles hanging from his nose!  Grin

Anyway, I frequently stopped to warm my hands in the exhaust.  Even found a nice shack along the way with a fire and hot chocolate.  Conclusion: I love snowy mountains, but hating riding through them.

Oh, and all those signs in the US that say "Bridge Freezes Before Road"...well, finally in my 39th year I figured out exactly what that means.

Grin

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:50:49 AM by 1.21GW » Logged

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2017, 08:46:35 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2017, 03:19:10 PM »

Yeah, I have a friend in Santiago, Chile and she sent me pics of the snow in the city and told me of the chaos it was causing as it was such a rare event.....so look what kind of luck you are bringing down with you, did Crazlo pack a voodoo doll in your bag?

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »

Yeah, I have a friend in Santiago, Chile and she sent me pics of the snow in the city and told me of the chaos it was causing as it was such a rare event.....so look what kind of luck you are bringing down with you, did Crazlo pack a voodoo doll in your bag?
NO I didn't . . . I gave him food and the alternate tour . . . I cooked for him . . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2017, 03:47:05 PM »

Voodoo doll wouldn't work.  I'm a human good luck charm.   Spent a week in Panama and it only rained once.  That has to be a record.

NO I didn't . . . I gave him food and the alternate tour . . . I cooked for him . . .

Indeed.  And I haven't had bacon since.  South America is bereft of proper bacon.  Angry

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #414 on: July 18, 2017, 03:49:49 PM »

and the rain WAS OFF SEASON !!!!

NO BACON!!!!!

THAT'S WHY YOU ARE GOING NUTS

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #415 on: July 18, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »

Voodoo doll wouldn't work.  I'm a human good luck charm.   Spent a week in Panama and it only rained once.  That has to be a record.

Indeed.  And I haven't had bacon since.  South America is bereft of proper bacon.  Angry
Weird, they ship boatloads south...must be somewhere in between that it gets intercepted.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #416 on: July 18, 2017, 03:52:20 PM »

and the rain WAS OFF SEASON !!!!

NO BACON!!!!!

THAT'S WHY YOU ARE GOING NUTS
He was make the beast with two backsing nuts long before he left for South America...

just sayin'.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #417 on: July 18, 2017, 03:54:18 PM »

Weird, they ship boatloads south...must be somewhere in between that it gets intercepted.
good conspiracy theory here

Carlos
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #418 on: July 18, 2017, 04:44:32 PM »

He was make the beast with two backsing nuts long before he left for South America...

just sayin'.
Where is all this nuts talk coming from?  I was never informed.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #419 on: July 18, 2017, 04:48:33 PM »

Where is all this nuts talk coming from?  I was never informed.
Look in the mirror.

edit...it's not like being that is a bad thing.

I actually admire it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:52:39 PM by ducpainter » Logged

perspective

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: