Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:43:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrambler Ducati  (Read 3354 times)
cb_abq

« on: February 28, 2015, 06:11:41 PM »

Hi all,

If I missed the relevant thread, my apologies. I am waiting for my red Scrambler Icon. It may not be a Panigale, but this is the Ducati I have been waiting for. I am pretty psyched. Two valve, air cooled, mid weight...perfect. Yeah, it could have 100BHP, and a SSSA, but it doesn't need it.

Anyway, I am hoping that I can use this thread to discuss pros and cons, and the upgrades this bike needs. I am thinking I will leave the engine alone, swap the exhaust for high mount Termis , or some other full system, like Arrow or Akro. I do not know what to do with the suspension yet, but that is the only other mod I am planning on.  

Below is my plan to do an Icon Tricolore, with either the Meccanica or 250 Bevel tank decal, so it is completely my own.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:16:15 PM by cb_abq » Logged

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

2015 Ducati Scrambler Icon -- The best bike ever made.
2010 Triumph Street Triple R -- SOLD
2009 Triumph Thruxton -- SOLD
1971 Honda CB175

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
handensco

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:14:18 AM »

Of the different models I have seen pictures of that is my favorite. I kind of like the paint scheme you have there.
david

93 900SL, 01900SS, 82 FXWG, 80 FLH, 76 R90/6, 98 XR400R, 4 Grand Daughters and I have a hoarding problem?
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:21:23 AM »

Your rendering looks great . . . Although, if I had the cash, I would personally go for a 'Classic' and replace the top triple and steering bar with that of the 'FT' and the Termis with "upmap" . . . Colours would be red/black . . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:56:53 AM »

No mods required initially.  Ride the heck out of it and see where it says it needs to go!  I suspect you'll find the suspension lacking if you press it (that's where manufacturers tend to scrimp first when building on a budget), but otherwise it's probably pretty close to the mark.  I think you have chosen wisely!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Kev M
Italian Bike Nut

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:57:25 AM »

Looks good to me... Cool

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III