Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 09:34:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to expensive Ducati parts  (Read 242164 times)
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »

You could try aftermarket Earl's/Aeroquip/etc fittings and line, but I wager it'd not be much less.
And they'd not be the O-ring style fittings, just AN.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2017, 03:08:47 AM »

you could have them made locally by a shop.. . do not think they would come cheaper if ordered from FrenTubo

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2018, 06:59:32 PM »

Seeing lots of aftermarket gear shift foot levers on ebay for $20 for 09 and later Monsters.

Seems to be a void for 08 and earlier; little surprised to see that; I do see some reverse shift levers that remove the linkage (does this mean shifting is in the opposite order?). 

Anyone know where to get aftermarket pre 08 monster shifters for under; lets say $30?

.... all the world is yours.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2018, 04:11:58 AM »

hope this helps,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Brake-Shift-Pedal-Lever-for-DUCATI-848-1098-1198-S4R-S2R-Monster-R-ST2-ST4/232685155947?hash=item362d1db66b:g:up0AAOSwFtZamhsS&vxp=mtr

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DuciD03

« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2018, 09:21:47 AM »

thanks; tried that but its a break lever; looking for a normal pre 2008 Monster gear shift foot lever

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2018, 10:15:32 AM »

Those guys are smokin' crack.
Shift and brake levers are not interchangeable across those models.

Monsterparts has a nice adjustable billet shifter that fits M696, M796, M1100, and all prior Monsters:
https://monsterparts.com/products/r-l-apex-ducati-monster-shift-lever

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2018, 11:42:12 AM »

thanks; tried that but its a break lever; looking for a normal pre 2008 Monster gear shift foot lever
Those guys are smokin' crack.
Shift and brake levers are not interchangeable across those models.

Monsterparts has a nice adjustable billet shifter that fits M696, M796, M1100, and all prior Monsters:
https://monsterparts.com/products/r-l-apex-ducati-monster-shift-lever
sorry . . sent wrong link . . .

I hear you Sppeddog . .  but he wantwd something on thw cheap . . .
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:44:21 AM by DarkMonster620 » Logged

Carlos
DuciD03

« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »

sorry . . sent wrong link . . .

I hear you Speeddog . .  but he wanted something on the cheap . . .

Looking for "Alternatives to expensive Ducati parts" as per title; under $30 seems reasonable (no?); seeing lots of post billet aluminum 09 gear shifters for under that price; some look like they fit; but I'm guessing the main hole where the brass (or bronze) rotation connector point is a different size ... then there's an offset on the shift rod connecting point and the length of the connecting tab on the shifter is critical also.

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »

don't get me wrong DuciDO3 . . . I have had not so good experiences with said levers, specially the area you mention . . .the connection to the transmission itself, simple rounds itself after a few thousand kms . . . very few of the good quality levers are to be found, my recommendation, just replace as a whole .. .. .. gimme a few mins to 2hrs and will try to fetch some of the sites from my links folder . . .

Carlos
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2018, 01:49:07 PM »

You'll get what you pay for, if you're lucky.

Those EBay levers that DarkMonster linked to are a good general example of the low budget parts available there.

They say that the levers fit 848, S2R, ST2, etc.
But it's impossible for the levers to fit all those.

With delivery at 1.5 weeks - 1 month.

IMO, those are brutal compromises on quality and delivery in exchange for a low price.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

DuciD03

« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »

You'll get what you pay for, if you're lucky.

Those EBay levers that DarkMonster linked to are a good general example of the low budget parts available there.

They say that the levers fit 848, S2R, ST2, etc.
But it's impossible for the levers to fit all those.

With delivery at 1.5 weeks - 1 month.

IMO, those are brutal compromises on quality and delivery in exchange for a low price.

yaaaa; understand and agree; looked at the monster parts shifter speeddog linked to, and its nice... and spend-y too; and OEM's probably what $130? Appreciate stuff that lasts and is competitively priced; Ducati Monsters themselves are in that category, and I can appreciate the design and engineering that has gone into components, is it better than Jap bikes?; but then you look at OEM parts prices and yipes!

Curiosity got the better of me last night; ...was tired ... clicked the buy button ... and as an experiment, and not to refute the more knowledgeable ones here; it wasn't too much to loose; I ordered a billet aluminum one; comes from china was $26; delivery free! ... and will arrive in 3 weeks to 2 months ... lol, that's why the delivery's free ... well see about fit and finish when it arrives.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:43:57 PM by DuciD03 » Logged

booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »

Fuel Filter for S4R/S4RS, and others: part#42540151A - I think the last I checked, dealer cost was ~$38 or so.

It's a Mahle KL97- direct from Mahle it's $9.

https://mahle.partnumber.company/kl-97-fuel-filter-ducati-monster-kl97-hypermotard-mahle?gclid=CKTTifWfzdQCFZSNswodP2AKeg

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
DuciD03

« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »

s2r 06 wheel bearing mining of info as per quote!  waytogo

this is a bit old, but I am just getting to finishing this project.

Here are the part numbers for the rear wheel bearings and seals replacement for the SSS eccentric:
  • 2x SKF 6007, OR,  1x SKF BAH0062, double row bearing.... drive side
  • 1x NK42/30,  OR, TAF425230-IKO, needle/roller bearing 30mm.... wheel side
  • 2x Seals OAS-42X52X4-NBR.... wheel side bearing seals
I bought an entire kit from Ducati Mondo on fleabay....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eccentric-rear-hub-full-refurb-bearing-kit-for-Ducati-Monster-S2R-800-05-07-06/150976015226?

grumpy old skidmark

« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2021, 03:45:15 PM »

Check out AliExpress, yes it's China.
many parts, I got a complete body kit for about 20% of what it was going to cost me to repaint ( with me doing the prep) and painted and decaled to my spec's
easy fit and looked great till i crashed, now gone full Carbon fibre from Ali all very good quality and fit.
also rear sets so cheap good quality, fully adjustable and survived crash with no damage, I'm changing the foot pegs supplied cos I'm old and 80 mm pegs are to short, new ones from Ali so much choice.
went looking for a body kit for a 97 600 ss, could not find one, contacted my favourite supplier/ manufacture and he is going to make one for me, so cant pregnant dog about the service.
with Covid delivery times are make the beast with two backsed up but that seems mostly to be Fedx more than suppliers.
Returns (haven't done one yet) and disputes are dealt with quickly and easily.
I have had some things that weren't great but so cheap just reordered different item and reimbursed from supplier
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: