Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:45:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 428691 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2100 on: November 22, 2018, 12:07:56 PM »

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/910905/1/dovizioso-we-found-something-interesting

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
GK

« Reply #2101 on: November 23, 2018, 01:38:05 PM »

Ducati will need to find improvements in a few areas if Dovi is to take it to MM in 2019.

Márquez is a freak and able to ride around all manner of problems.

Hope Jack is able to stay upright next season.

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2102 on: November 23, 2018, 02:35:28 PM »

Ducati will need to find improvements in a few areas if Dovi is to take it to MM in 2019.

Márquez is a freak and able to ride around all manner of problems.

Hope Jack is able to stay upright next season.
Don't disagree...but...

If Dovi hadn't crashed out of podium positions...what...three times, and if Marc had maybe one less save, the championship would have looked completely different.

Marc is a freak...and he's become a consistent one to boot. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how he can crash and continue to ride the bike. When I crash it takes me a while to even figure out that it's happened, and by that time me and the bike have parted company

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

GK

« Reply #2103 on: November 24, 2018, 12:50:35 PM »

Don't disagree...but...

If Dovi hadn't crashed out of podium positions...what...three times, and if Marc had maybe one less save, the championship would have looked completely different.

Marc is a freak...and he's become a consistent one to boot. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how he can crash and continue to ride the bike. When I crash it takes me a while to even figure out that it's happened, and by that time me and the bike have parted company

Fair points about Dovi. Crashing out has cost him a shot at the title.

I wonder how many crashes were caused by the turn in issues they’re trying hard to address?

MM has had an amazing ability over a long time, to get up and walk away from crashes. Then get back on, qualify well and win races. He’s simply freakish for sure.

As for your crashes, it’s great your enjoying your racing!
Thumbs up!

JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2104 on: November 24, 2018, 01:03:38 PM »

I don't race. I just do track days.

I go OK.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

GK

« Reply #2105 on: November 24, 2018, 10:08:42 PM »

Thumbs up!

Gone but not forgotten!
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2106 on: November 27, 2018, 07:34:07 AM »

Good info from Guy Coulon, I could read a whole lot more of what he's got to say!

https://tinyurl.com/yct6qqxo

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2107 on: November 27, 2018, 01:20:52 PM »

What that bloke knows... waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2108 on: November 29, 2018, 07:50:22 AM »

http://www.corsedimoto.com/in-pista/motomondiale/motogp-luca-cadalora-lascia-valentino-rossi-sto-trascurando-famiglia-e-hobby/

Sorry, Google Translate seems to have fuxxored their UI.

Sounds like Luca has had enough.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #2109 on: November 29, 2018, 08:35:05 AM »

It must be tough to have to tell Rossi that he's doing something wrong.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2110 on: November 29, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

"Luca Cadalora, Riding Coach Valentino Rossi, arrived at the crossroads. After three seasons together the former driver decides to abandon his task to devote himself more to the private life, to the family, to his hobbies. Back in the pits in March 2016 Luca Cadalora has so far been hired (and paid) by Yamaha as the doctor's personal coach, with the aim of studying the circuit on the eve of free practice and observing the driving style of his assisted and opponents. A sort of track engineer without a degree, a personal advisor as well as "shield" from criticisms directed at the Pesarese. The refrain of the last few months has been: "If we provide him with a competitive bike Rossi can return to win", charging all responsibility on the engineering side.

At the age of 55 years Luke returns to take care of his life full time: "I carry out this assignment for three years, time has passed quickly," said Cadalora to Speedweek.com. "I've traveled a lot in recent years. At the same time, I have two girls at home and so many hobbies that I have to overlook. For example, I have a passion for old rally cars. I have a Subaru, two Mitsubishi Lancer and a Nissan nismo. " Valentino and Luca greeted each other at Jerez with a kiss in favor of the photographers. "I don't save Valentino from criticism, he only benefits if I tell him sincerely what I think. After the incidents at Sepang and Valencia, I sincerely shared my opinion with him. " In the coming weeks will come his decision that seems more geared to farewell."

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2111 on: November 29, 2018, 09:49:43 AM »

It must be tough to have to tell Rossi that he's doing something wrong.

Luca: "Dude, you're too make the beast with two backsing slow."
Vale: "Fottiti, bastardo, vai a casa!"
 Grin

Seriously, it must be exhausting, especially as it's been mostly a bike/electronics issue.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2112 on: December 05, 2018, 07:29:47 PM »

Not sure if we’ve discussed this or not. (?)

https://www.cycleworld.com/ducati-motogp-mystery-strut-explained

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2113 on: December 05, 2018, 09:00:22 PM »

Full floating rear brake; late 70's MX, early 90's SS.

I think they're connecting it to the shock linkage to get extra flavorful action.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2114 on: December 09, 2018, 09:27:36 PM »

https://www.autosport.com/other/news/140587/rossi-takes-victory-at-monza-rally-show

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: