Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 11:27:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I do it???  (Read 18560 times)
DUCMONROB
Geez its getting hot holding my

Nothing like the sound of a Ducati!

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 06:29:03 PM »

Yeah, it's smee, Super. Yes, I'm in the market (again), and I'm totally confused.

I was interested in this bike, and other S4R's too, but I'm sorta put off having to stop for fuel every 140km.

No S2R 1000's for sale in NSW (from what I can see), don't think I wanna 800. Leaning toward a 1100s or EVO. Plus I think the new 821 is butt ugly.

Anyway, hi everyone.

Great to see your still poking around mate! Are you still in Picton?? (ps I have missed Wonder woman! 8-))
The beauty of the earlier S4R bikes is the tin tank that holds more than the plastic tanks of the later models. I flatly refuse to buy a S4Rs for the lack of mileage from the tank. The Kawasaki I now have is good for 350-400 kilometres which is so much better!   I might go and have another look this week end but personally I would prefer a 1000DS.

author=Brian W link=topic=69659.msg1286930#msg1286930 date=1418284486]
Firstly, good to see you back in here Rob  !

Re Des's reason for buying my forks, I think it was that he preferred the nice gold bits on the legs. That didn't worry me as bling is not my scene, much prefer proven safety items.   waytogo
 Also, he got mine for a steal plus Max bought his. Only cost him and extra $100 after the deal.

Thanks Brian for the welcome back. I have never been too far away. Sometimes lurking....... coffee

$100 dollar upgrade not bad!

Good to see some of the regulars are still around. So how is Rob?

M1000SDS, ZZR1200, GPZ900R.
Gone:
900 Monster Special
S2R1000
998 Matrix
Stinky Wizzleteats
AKA Super T.I.B

Hey, Nice Marmot

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 01:17:37 AM »

Great to see your still poking around mate! Are you still in Picton?? (ps I have missed Wonder woman! 8-))
The beauty of the earlier S4R bikes is the tin tank that holds more than the plastic tanks of the later models. I flatly refuse to buy a S4Rs for the lack of mileage from the tank. The Kawasaki I now have is good for 350-400 kilometres which is so much better!   I might go and have another look this week end but personally I would prefer a 1000DS

Yep, still in Picton. I'm a regular at the George on the weekend.

I am looking at the Kwaka's as well, the Z800 has caught my eye. Still not sold on it as yet. My heart is still with the Ducs.

When did the S4R change to plastic? And what's the difference between the 2?

Still confused, looked at the 821 at Frasers at Fairy Meadow. The Monsters have gotten bigger and uglier, I'm not a fan of the new ones.

I like a drink. You know when people say 'I like a drink as much as the next man'? Not if I'm the next man, you don't.
DUCMONROB

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 04:15:44 AM »

I am looking at the Kwaka's as well, the Z800 has caught my eye. Still not sold on it as yet. My heart is still with the Ducs.

Still confused, looked at the 821 at Frasers at Fairy Meadow. The Monsters have gotten bigger and uglier, I'm not a fan of the new ones.

You wont be disappointed with the Kwaka. Take one for a ride (I know I know I shouldn't be promoting another brand).

Not sure what year they changed to plastic I am guessing around 2006.

The only new monster I like is the new 1200S. There is one kitted out with Termis at Homebush Frasers which does look nice. trouble is I'm tight and don't want to spend that much.

Need to catch up for a beer or coffee sometime soon.

Gone:
900 Monster Special
S2R1000
998 Matrix
rendang

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 02:41:59 AM »

848 Streetfighter didn't appeal to you ?

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
Stinky Wizzleteats
AKA Super T.I.B

Hey, Nice Marmot

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 04:18:50 PM »

You wont be disappointed with the Kwaka. Take one for a ride (I know I know I shouldn't be promoting another brand).

Not sure what year they changed to plastic I am guessing around 2006.

The only new monster I like is the new 1200S. There is one kitted out with Termis at Homebush Frasers which does look nice. trouble is I'm tight and don't want to spend that much.

Need to catch up for a beer or coffee sometime soon.

So I got one....

Still not as pretty as the earlier models, but I have fallen in love all over again.

Did the Alpine Way and had to get a new rear tyre. Lucky there was a place in Jindabyne that sold tyres.

I like a drink. You know when people say 'I like a drink as much as the next man'? Not if I'm the next man, you don't.
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 11:37:55 PM »

Nice bike Super!

I have always been a fan of the new and newer shapes.
If I was ever up for a Monster again I'd be looking at one of them but I'm also keen on the new Scrambler  Wink

Stinky Wizzleteats
AKA Super T.I.B

Hey, Nice Marmot

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »

Nice bike Super!

I have always been a fan of the new and newer shapes.
If I was ever up for a Monster again I'd be looking at one of them but I'm also keen on the new Scrambler  Wink

Thanks Matty, it has bin a long time coming. Preferred black over red, red didn't really float my goat.

It has a couple of niggling issues I'll have to address, one is I never know what gear it likes to be in, I know it doesn't like 6th, even at freeway speeds (legal) and it has a 14t already.

Going to sign myself up for a bit of training too.

Now that this won't be a daily commuter like my last bike, I will be able to enjoy it more.

848 Streetfighter didn't appeal to you ?

Nah, a little out of my price range.

mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »

I am much the same with my new/old Darmah too.
Still trying to sort out it's happy place with me, what I do know is that it takes at least 30 mins to get warm and feel ok.

Training is always a good thing to do, I've done a little bit on the Adv bike which does actually help for road as well.
Hope we can all get together for a run sometime soon.

Stinky Wizzleteats
AKA Super T.I.B

Hey, Nice Marmot

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 11:14:41 PM »

Hope we can all get together for a run sometime soon.

Sounds good.

Gave her a wash today, reminded me of how much I dislike cleaning bikes.

Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 11:51:28 AM »

So I got one....

Still not as pretty as the earlier models, but I have fallen in love all over again.

Did the Alpine Way and had to get a new rear tyre. Lucky there was a place in Jindabyne that sold tyres.

So you have a new bike, done the Alpine Way, replaced tyres ... and we are only hearing about it now!?

Congrats Super, enjoy the new ride.

Believe post content at your own risk.
Stinky Wizzleteats
AKA Super T.I.B

Hey, Nice Marmot

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 02:26:34 AM »

So you have a new bike, done the Alpine Way, replaced tyres ... and we are only hearing about it now!?

Congrats Super, enjoy the new ride.
Can't rush these things.

Thanks Betty.

rendang

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 02:30:43 AM »

There was a 1200 parked at work today so I was able to have a good look at it, first time I have seen one in the flesh. Well I have to say I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, the more I looked the more I liked, must be a lot of fun to ride ! Well done !

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
gino

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 07:17:51 AM »

Why dont you "do it" Steve !!! Roll Eyes

I got a monster and i aint afraid to use it !
DUCMONROB

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 03:10:03 AM »

Good work Super glad to see you back on the road. Me I'm still on the fence though a nice 1000ds came up this week. Need to sell my JCW Mini which is going Saturday before I ask the Mrs for a cash advance....again! Grin

I like the 1200s though I saw one on Saturday at the Throttle Roll and I just can't pull away from the original shape.

Gone:
900 Monster Special
S2R1000
998 Matrix
DUCMONROB

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 02:48:55 AM »

UPDATE!!

I'm Looking at a 1000S this week end. Got my hopes on this one.

.....Yea I'm pretty slow at buying a bike but its been slow out there!....

Wish Me luck! Dolph

Gone:
900 Monster Special
S2R1000
998 Matrix
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: