Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:50:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, and does anyone know a really, really good bike electrician?  (Read 2851 times)
Wzed

« on: October 12, 2014, 10:12:05 AM »

Hi everyone!  I've just joined the board after lurking forever.  I'm in NYC, and I commute on my S2R year-round (even last winter).  After struggling with some electrical gremlins and being generally disappointed in the stock harness, I have decided I want to completely re-wire my bike to clean up the clutter, cut some weight (hopefully), and use some cool Motogadget bits.  Does anyone know of a mechanic that is awesome at wiring?  I get my bike serviced at Ducati Triumph NYC, and they are awesome (especially their turn-around time - super fast), but this would be a pretty custom job that would require some very electrical-specific skills. 
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »

Not sure how specialized they are in wiring but ECS is pretty much the best for Duc service in the our area... give them a call and see what they say.

http://www.europeancycleservices.com/

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 07:07:38 PM »

Not sure how specialized they are in wiring but ECS is pretty much the best for Duc service in the our area... give them a call and see what they say.

http://www.europeancycleservices.com/

+ a whole bunch!
Wzed

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:31 AM »

Great - thanks guys!  I'll give ECS a try.  waytogo
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 10:43:39 AM »

Howie is the Yoda of electronics.  I saw him work his juju on herm's bike this summer.  Grin

Seriously, ECS is the place to go.  Steve (owner) is very kind and helpful and his team of mechanics do a great job.  I've seen some good custom stuff done there, so like these other guys said, yours shouldn't be a problem.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: