Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:43:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: headlight globe replacement with LED. anyone try these?  (Read 17075 times)
Heath

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »

This (Daymaker knockoff) fit inside the stock metal bucket with no mods?
No you need an adapter like Motodemic sells or Motowheels sells.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2018, 10:29:10 AM »

Getting one of these in (possibly), will report back.

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Cyclops-100-H4-LED-headlight-bulb_p_192.html#

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
diamonddog-2

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »

For whatever it's worth, I got the Flux Beam X LED bulb for the '01 and thus far, I'm pretty happy with it. Even I could install it!   Roll Eyes   No bucket mod required.  I put it in at the beginning of the season and it's worked great. It makes me more visible while day riding and lights up the road at night noticeably better than stock.  Time will tell but so far, it's good.

2001 M900S   2002 Aero 1100   2012 1100 EVO

"Son, I hope God gave you a big d*ck 'cause he sure shorted you on brains"
BK_856er

2007 M695; 2004 749s

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 06:57:41 PM »

You guys have me considering a high-quality LED, mainly for better daytime visibility.  The FluxBeamX LED looks nice, but is the exposed fan a reliability issue?  For either brand, is the current draw lower than a normal halogen bulb?  No charging system issues?

BK
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2018, 10:13:09 PM »

Plastic headlight and metal headlight are not exactly the same shape inside so fitment varies a bit.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
JonS2R

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2019, 12:22:34 PM »

Dime City Cycles also sells black metal headlight housings that come with an adapter to fit most of the LED daymaker knockoff bulbs. I used it on my SV650 and it worked great. I don't think there's any reason it wouldn't fit a Monster too.

2007 S2R 1000
ajw85

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2019, 08:30:44 AM »

Dime City Cycles also sells black metal headlight housings that come with an adapter to fit most of the LED daymaker knockoff bulbs. I used it on my SV650 and it worked great. I don't think there's any reason it wouldn't fit a Monster too.

Do you have a link? I went through their entire lighting category and cannot find this.
Also, the headlight housing on a Monster is larger than the headlight housing on a SV650
JonS2R

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 09:24:35 AM »

Do you have a link? I went through their entire lighting category and cannot find this.
Also, the headlight housing on a Monster is larger than the headlight housing on a SV650

Yes it's this one https://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-lighting-parts-satin-black-7-inch-headlight-bucket-66-65010.html and I used it with this headlight https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017B8NHEE/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They state it's 8" wide between the mounting points on either side and I measure my OEM S2R headlight to be the same.

2007 S2R 1000
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »

Yes, they are both right.

Ducati monster's round headlight is 185mm, typical round headlight on motorcycles (such as SV) and cars are 180mm.

You will need adapter ring like this.
https://motowheels.com/i-7935658-corse-dynamics-7-inch-headlight-with-adapter-ringsilver-ring-only.html

ajw85

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 12:36:48 PM »

I 3D printed my own headlight ring.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:22:56 AM by ajw85 » Logged
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2019, 08:24:57 AM »

Google is storing your photos on a server located on Neptune, which is currently unavailable due to a flood of liquid nitrogen freezing the spamtacular valve.

You'll need a different provider.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

JonS2R

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2019, 02:15:42 PM »

I just got done with an LED install today using the same Dime City bucket I linked above with an Amazon China light. It was hard to get a lighting pic with it still being daylight outside and having a window in my garage. The bucket is a little narrower than stock like you guys mentioned but the brackets have enough play that it wasn't an issue tightening the mounting bolts down. I wasn't sure if I wanted the black or chrome bulb housing but I thought the chrome would better match the silver forks/triples.

I just got some Ducati red paint so I left my Puig fairing off in anticipation of painting it this weekend so the front looks a bit bare at the moment.

Total cost was about $130.

2007 S2R 1000
skurvy

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2019, 08:31:53 AM »

I was able to use this headlight from Motodemic: https://motodemic.com/shop/7-inch-round-headlight/

With the LED upgrade: https://motodemic.com/shop/led-h4-headlight-bulb/

So if you want to use this smaller headlight with your original metal bucket, you will need an adapter ring. But because I was impatient, I wanted to see what the new light looked like hooked up.

(pics deleted)

Sorry no night pics yet but can definitely see the difference. No funny vibrations either. I was following my buddy about 4-5 bike lengths back and asked if my headlight had that annoying wobble and I guess it all depends on how well it's adjusted. High beam still works too. I thought I'd hate the aftermarket bucket shape but I quickly forgot about it because I was so happy I finally got an LED headlight. By the way it was a straight plug and play, disassembled the factory light and used the factory H4 plug straight into the LED H4 plug.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 12:51:54 AM by skurvy » Logged
ajw85

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2019, 08:56:13 AM »

I just got done with an LED install today using the same Dime City bucket I linked above with an Amazon China light. It was hard to get a lighting pic with it still being daylight outside and having a window in my garage. The bucket is a little narrower than stock like you guys mentioned but the brackets have enough play that it wasn't an issue tightening the mounting bolts down. I wasn't sure if I wanted the black or chrome bulb housing but I thought the chrome would better match the silver forks/triples.

I just got some Ducati red paint so I left my Puig fairing off in anticipation of painting it this weekend so the front looks a bit bare at the moment.

Total cost was about $130.

Dude, you win the thread. Nice job.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: