Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 04:23:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for new gloves - What are you wearing?  (Read 28593 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2015, 11:37:18 AM »

Clicked link.  Man, those are some comprehensive directions.  Ok, I guess I'll need to clear out a 7-8 hours this weekend to wash my gloves.

I find it easier to buy new ones. Tongue

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »

I've never done anything to maintain mine.  Ever.

They get rained on sometimes. Does that count?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
StephenC

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »

I agree with both of the last two posts!

Ducati Monster 1100S (2009)
NAKID

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »

I had bought some Fly CoolPro gloves about the middle of last year but they lasted all of about 2 weeks before I returned them (Revzilla). The velcro closure immediately started coming unstitched.

So, I just bought a pair of these:

AGV Sport Mayhem

So far, they seem pretty nice. I normally wear a medium in most gloves, but using their sizing guide, a small was recommended. They are snug, but a assume with break in nicely. Good armor, flow A LOT of air, but I'll have to see how the palms hold up. All in all, for $40, not a bad deal.

BTW, picture kinda looks like chrome knuckles, but it's actually metal mesh.

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2015, 02:51:45 AM »

I finally broke down and and bought some Held Steve's from Revzilla. They're in half sizes plus offered
long or short fingers, since I've had gloves before with a short finger and know how much that sucks.
These fit me fine, my first real gauntlet except W&S heated gloves.

Going crazy also ordered same size Racer Grip Glove for a little perf'ed protection, will chime in when those arrive.

I measure at a 9 1/2 on the dot on the Racer and Held sizing charts and ordered accordingly.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2015, 03:39:37 PM »

I finally broke down and and bought some Held Steve's from Revzilla. They're in half sizes plus offered
long or short fingers, since I've had gloves before with a short finger and know how much that sucks.
These fit me fine, my first real gauntlet except W&S heated gloves.

When you get the Steve's, let us know how wide that gauntlet opens. My cool weather jacket is a BMW City Jacket which has a thick sleeve. Only one ancient gaunlet I wear can fit over it. A new Held might be nice.  Wink

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2015, 08:58:00 PM »

When you get the Steve's, let us know how wide that gauntlet opens. My cool weather jacket is a BMW City Jacket which has a thick sleeve. Only one ancient gaunlet I wear can fit over it. A new Held might be nice.  Wink

If it's that wide, why not tuck the gauntlet inside of the sleeve?

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Curmudgeon

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »

If it's that wide, why not tuck the gauntlet inside of the sleeve?

Roll Eyes

Rather defeats the purpose, i.e. drafty.  Wink The proper gaulet I have which works is probably older than you.  Cool Like me, getting a bit long in the tooth.  Grin

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2015, 02:53:46 AM »

My Steve's fit fine over the rather bulky forearm armor in my leathers.

I doubt a textile jacket would be an issue, but I've been mistaken before.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Curmudgeon

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »

Guess that sleeve is bulkier than it appears. Needs a minimum of 12" opening. Tried a few of my racing gauntlets which fit over full leathers but those are 11". My son swiped my '80's BMW gloves which would have been perfect. Seems glove manufacturers have forgotten the meaning of gauntlet unless you buy the vintage motoring or flying kind. Not really suitable for a bike.  Wink

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »

I bet Helimot would make you a pair.

perspective

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

Guess that sleeve is bulkier than it appears. Needs a minimum of 12" opening. Tried a few of my racing gauntlets which fit over full leathers but those are 11". My son swiped my '80's BMW gloves which would have been perfect. Seems glove manufacturers have forgotten the meaning of gauntlet unless you buy the vintage motoring or flying kind. Not really suitable for a bike.  Wink

My KLIM sleeves are big and bulky and even with the velcro strapped cinched to make them tight at my wrist, my Held Evo Thrux gauntlet barely fits over them.  So I just tuck the gauntlet inside of the sleeve.  I agree with you view that it defeats the purpose in theory, but in practice when I cinch the sleeve tight over the gauntlet I really don't have any problems with air flow creeping up my sleeve.  The gauntlet is effectively a gasket.

Of course I haven't tried it in 30* weather where even the tiniest openings are made painfully obvious by the biting cold wind, but I'm happy with my sleeves-over-glove-gauntlet setup.

Just one man's opinion, in case you don't find the option you're looking for.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Curmudgeon

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2015, 07:22:34 PM »

Thanks for the Helimot suggestion. You never know.  Wink Would prefer the Steve's as I'm a perfect German 8.5 and Steve's come in half sizes. Will wait to hear about the open gusset and gauntlet dimension when seevtsaab gets his.

As for wearing under the cuff, that's not an option with the New City with the liner installed. I wear my short summer Held's under the cuff of my vented jacket but have to be careful to leave them loose or I get bruises on the side and back of my hand on long rides if it's too snug.  :'(

Wondering whether seevtsaab ever knew my son. http://www.wmsbrg.com/sweden/index.html

Triple J
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 08:38:00 PM »

Just buy a set of Steve's and take them to a local leather tailor to have the gauntlet made larger if needed.
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 02:37:47 AM »

So the Steve's are working out well, the the regular length 9.5 are a touch long in a few fingers.
I've had short finger gloves before and that is a non starter so I am ok with a touch long.

Curmudgeon - the gauntlets open to an oval about 4"x 5", tiny bit of elastic to make it maybe 5" x 5".
They do fit fine over my Vanson and my BMW Modern Concepts textile with goretex liner.

I also got a pair of Racer gloves, I'd call them slightly perf'd
(airy feeling when my hands are sweaty) otherwise not too breezy - I do have hand guards. Can't say enough good things
about these gloves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: