Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 08:14:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for new gloves - What are you wearing?  (Read 28691 times)
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 01:34:32 PM »

I caved and spent the extra cash on a pair of Dainese full metal RS gloves.  When I tired them on they fit much nicer than the Druid's did.  Not a little bit better, a lot better.

Oh, and they look like I could take on two Range Rovers in NYC now.  laughingdp

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 09:27:26 PM »

FYI, Schuberth NA will be the new distributor of Held according to NewEnough / MotorcycleGear. Had a mail this week about it.

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 08:59:22 AM »

I was going to hold out for Helds but it seems I have skinny fingers and all the reviews said they were rather "roomy in the finger girth department.

I know you all have jokes now.   Roll Eyes

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
jduke

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 11:05:09 AM »

Held makes a glove that has lots of finger options. You might have to order them, but you could get thin, thick fingers, short or long fingers. Almost like a custom fit, stock glove. Once Schuberth NA gets everything worked out you'll see more dealers carrying them. RevIt was the largest USA dealer for Held so I would expect them to be the first to know.
Triple J
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 01:51:27 PM »

Drive over to Helimot and talk to Helmut...or call him. They'll make semi-custom gloves if you ask, and prices are reasonable for such a nice glove.

I have a pair of H2Os and B-11s. The B11s are semi-custom with L fingers, and XL palms, and a custom color pattern. They fit great. The H2Os are just off-the-shelf larges...they fit well and have survived 3 low-side crashes with minimal damage. They're scuffed a bit but are still in service as back-up gloves.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:57:26 PM by Triple J » Logged
The ModFather
Duck Off

Monster Magnet

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 04:57:42 AM »

Dainese Four Stroke. You cant beat Dainese for Quality, Safety and Style.

2005 S2R 800 Analog Motorcycles Custom Build
2007 Sport Classic 1000S
2008 848 Track Bike
2015 Diavel Dark - Sold
2005 Monster 620 Dark - Sold
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 06:28:19 AM »

Held makes a glove that has lots of finger options. You might have to order them, but you could get thin, thick fingers, short or long fingers. Almost like a custom fit, stock glove. Once Schuberth NA gets everything worked out you'll see more dealers carrying them. RevIt was the largest USA dealer for Held so I would expect them to be the first to know.

Right now, to get short or long you'll need to order from over seas. FC-Moto stocks Held in different lengths.

I ordered some Phantom IIs  regulars and disappointingly had to retuns them, as I need a long. They were very comfortable and well made. Though I've heard some rumblings that the sting ray leather can scratch paint... but those may be just rumors.

Some other gloves I'm looking at are the current top models from RS-TaiChi and Racer. I've not gotten my hands on either yet as the Racer 'High Speed' is just coming into stocks - but reviews on Racer gloves have all been good.

One thing that's got my eye on those gloves is they both feature the latest iteration of the Knox SPS (Schaphoid Protection System). Basically sliders at the heal of the palm to help distribute force and minimize the glove gripping the tarmac in the event of a fall - allowing it to slide so your wrist and arm take as little force as possible.

And they are both a bit less than the US retail prices for the Phantom IIs. It would *appear* that the price point from FC-Moto is on par with the Racer High Speeds once the 19% VAT is removed for US buyers

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 07:31:28 AM »

FWIW, had a mail from Schuberth, USA recently and they now appear to have a fairly full line, as does sponsor Motorcycle Gear, but only some models come in short, regular and long. http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/gloves/all_types/held/

Since I need a true German size 8 - 8.5, the last time I ordered a model from them which doesn't come in half sizes, I called out to Texas and one of the reps tried on several pairs until he found a larger one and he sent those. GOOD customer service!  Wink

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 08:01:30 AM »

FWIW, had a mail from Schuberth, USA recently and they now appear to have a fairly full line, as does sponsor Motorcycle Gear,

Oh ho! nice. Thanks for that tid bit

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 09:05:47 AM »

I've been looking at the Racers too and the thing that I dont get is that the High Speeds are more expensive than the R-Safe's but the R-Safes seem to have better features... namely that enormous section of superfabric on the palm.

I'm probably going to pick up the R-Safe's... the only thing I can see that might be the diff is that the High Speeds might breath a bit better but I'd rather have more protection on a track glove vs venting.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 12:53:33 PM »

For spirited rides, helimot.  Love it.  Worth every penny.

For other dianese (doesn't say what model)

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 06:32:20 AM »

Held dual compartment jobbers.  Inner compartment is waterproof.  Outer compartment is perforated and wearable in the upper 80s°F.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
danaid

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »

I've only worn Alpinestars and Spidi gloves as  they make size 3XL. I'm wearing Spidi str gloves. They are very soft and the protection level is great for street.

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 06:35:53 AM »

If anyone was looking at the diff btwn Racer gloves High Speed and R safe versions like I was, check out this review:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-gloves/racer-high-speed-gloves/review.htm

They pretty much say that the Rsafes are better and cheaper.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
jsanford

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 08:49:13 AM »

I bought a pair of Klim Element long gloves last year and they are awesome if you live in a climate where GoreTex is a requirement.  The left hand also has a swiper.  So comfortable on the inside and warm without feeling like mittens.

I used RevIts for a long time but the leather seems to wear through on the fingertips after three or four years.  I also have a pair of Racer kangaroo leather waterproof gloves which are great in the summer.

'08 695 - Seattle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: