Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:04:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: GuzziDiag/Tunerpro for Ducs  (Read 59670 times)
teogaz

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2015, 10:56:07 PM »

Hello everyone,
I've been having serious trouble with a M620 Dark. I see that some people in this forum do actually know what they are talking about, so any ideas welcome. The story is long and it has been posted on jp's site, so I won't reproduce it here. In short: friend forgets bike for 7 years, then decides to "revamp" and ride it. The red key has been lost and the immo's locked, we send it off to be fixed, some time later comes back. Bike starts, idles, works kind of o.k. after 4-4.500 but in between it's just horrible. New spark plugs are fouled after 5 minutes, the mixture appears to be impossibly rich. I've downloaded jpdiag - thanks jp250rs - some faults are present and cannot be erased. I've reset the TPS and played with the CO with no success. Then I turned to guzzidiag and downloaded the .bin file from the ECU to edit with Tunepro, as I'm somehow convinced that the map is screwed. Unfortunately I can't find the corresponding .xdf file. On "www.irok.org" I find 2 files for an M620 (a .bin and an .xdf) that seem relevent, however only some of the ECU data appear
Help!

...and now that we've met better, does anyone think he (she) could help!! I really am in dire straits here
jduke

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2015, 06:07:54 AM »

Before I messed with the ECU, I would visit Brad Black's site: bikeboy.org and make sure the basics of the bike are right. Belts, valve check / adjust, TPS, throttle body sync, sparkplugs, etc. Then Google your bike for problems and start fixing any problem that fits your situation. Until you know that the basics on your bike are right, you could easily end up chasing your tail.
teogaz

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 07:10:29 AM »

Hi jduke, I guess I didn't make clear that everything - absolutely everything - has been checked and double-checked again and again. From valves to belts, everything's new or good as new. Unfortunately it has to be the map - or something else in the ECU. If someone could check the .bin or provide an .xdf file, that would be a step in the process
jduke

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 07:42:09 AM »

Might be having problems with the ECU not the map. They can and do go bad from time to time.
Might be worth sending to Bobby / Houston Superbike and have him look at it and see if it's going bad and if not, have him load a stock map, if he has one, to see if that fixes things. Maybe when you sent it off they loaded a DP map and your setup (intake / exhaust) isn't able to take advantage of the extra fuel and is running rich.
Good luck!
impulsive_duc

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2015, 05:10:26 AM »

I haven't looked at the two S2R xdfs recently and couldn't remember which xdf already had it flagged....no need for passive aggressive colors just trying to help. And help myself as I need the DP map.

JohnEE... please refrain from insults. I use colors to highlight important sentences in my replies, or to call attention to particular facts, if people are skimming the post. It was not "passive aggressive" and I take offense to that. Please read any of my other posts or writeups elsewhere online and you will see I do the same there.

I do this as a hobby freely. As does PaulDaytona. Bring rude to someone who volunteers their time then asking for their help is a surefire way to not get it.

I recently had someone walk up to me in-person and disparage me for "modifying free software you didn't write". I politely took out my tablet and showed them the e-mail conversation with Beard where I asked (and received) permission to modify and redistribute the TunerPro definition files. And the other developers who I've been helping.

Please be respectful of the developers and what they do. It takes a lot out of their time and they don't have to do this.
S4RTestastretta

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »

hi guys,

I am going to try to flash my 5am ecu in S4R Testastreata because I modified full exhaust and air filter. I would like to use the "Guzi 5am writer" the problem is that I do not have any DP map in .bin file. I have only .hex file and this is not supported by the guzi writer. Will be glad if you can advice me where I can get the .bin file. Anyway I am now working on emergency plan, it means I opened the hex in Tunerpro and the .bin in Tuneecu in paralel  and I am changing F1,F2,I1,I2 manualy between those maps. only think I dont know is for example fuel delta for right cylinder and some others corrections. so the emergency question is. will it works? can I write back original s4r testasstreta map modified with F1,F2,I1,I2 from S4rs DP ecu?

thanks
S4RTestastretta

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »

so will anser myself  Grin as i today try it, it works....
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »

waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
S4RTestastretta

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2016, 12:23:25 PM »

I have found two maps one is DP and second DP slip on.I see that the slip on map is even more rich on fue so I will try it as a firs and then I will try the lean one. I will test it in couple of days on road hopefully. now the temperetaru is about 5 degrees only so need to wait for better weather.
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2017, 04:15:56 PM »

2008 S2R1000 here.

Finally got around to picking up the cables needed. Purchased some off of Amazon that should have been right (KKL type) but no joy, wrong chips in the OBDII. Come to find out that LonElec sells what you need and guaranteed to be the right chipset in the OBDII cable. ~$30 shipped from London, took a week to get to VA.

Started by clearing the maint code that's been on for the 20k miles since I stopped going to the dealers, then proceeded to download a backup of my stock map.

Next up, compare the stock map to the DP map in TuneECU.

Then it's time to write the DP map!

Success!

All in all, I'm happy with the results for the $30 price tag of the cables. Don't think the DP tune is worth $250 for someone to flash it or the $500-$600 for a DP ECU.

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
breaddrink

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »

Would someone be able to tell me if it IS okay to use the DP S2R XDF map on a stock S2R 1000 ECU bin?

Despite the original yelling in this thread, I've now seen multiple people online who seem to be quite happy with their use of the DP XDF for their S2R 1000 bin file, and I'm unable to find a stock one anywhere.

All I want is to disable the lambda, but I'm stuck, not being confident that I can do this with the available DP S2R XDF, or corrupt my ECU as is earlier stated in this thread.

I'm not even completely against purchasing a DP ECU upgrade if it means disabling the blasted lambda. They're not as expensive as they used to be.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
breaddrink

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2019, 02:33:16 AM »

Just to note that I found a working XDF for a stock S2R1000 in https://motoxdf.fandom.com/wiki/%28MM_5AMHW610%29_Ducati_SportClassic_Biposto_/_S4RS_/_M695_/_S2R1000?fbclid=IwAR2emwF9QtBbY-rvGygTZt9tmpWCnc9cM7ScR2P06aARJb2p110H0kuxjfg

I disabled both Lambda and also, as it claimed to have been found in the XDF and confirmed, the immobilizer..
Uploaded the file back to the bike, and it seems to fire up fine.. I'll see how the lambda erase works out.
My intermittent check engine light for the O2 sensor will have to wait on me riding. Because it's 3am, I fired it up very very briefly to test the immobilizer. All looks good, though I'm not sure how to test for that one.

One oddity though.. A clicking after I reset my TPS. My TPS was displaying the odd number of 2.6. Resetting set it to 3.2 (Isn't it meant to sit at 4.8?), and had it make a load of clicking sounds through the cam.
I reset it again, and it settled down, though still says that same 3.2.

Anyway. I feel that was somewhat successful, and slightly stressful.

Would someone be able to tell me if it IS okay to use the DP S2R XDF map on a stock S2R 1000 ECU bin?

Despite the original yelling in this thread, I've now seen multiple people online who seem to be quite happy with their use of the DP XDF for their S2R 1000 bin file, and I'm unable to find a stock one anywhere.

All I want is to disable the lambda, but I'm stuck, not being confident that I can do this with the available DP S2R XDF, or corrupt my ECU as is earlier stated in this thread.

I'm not even completely against purchasing a DP ECU upgrade if it means disabling the blasted lambda. They're not as expensive as they used to be.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: