Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 01:26:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guzzidiag and a stock S2R1000 XDF question  (Read 3114 times)
breaddrink

« on: May 06, 2019, 10:29:10 PM »

Piecing this together with what looks like fairly old information.

I'm new to this, clearly Smiley Please forgive me if this is painful, but I've searched all over and only find dead ends.
Even the people who have done this seem to have just chosen and gone one way, but don't know why or what happens if you use a separate/different file..

I've managed to connect to my S2R1000 ECU using guzzidiag, download the bin, and I'm at a stage where I both want to check on the lambda status (to see if its been erased or not) and also erase it if it hasn't.

Previous owner of the bike said he'd done something or other to the lambda as it has a full arrow track exhaust.. Bike runs great, but I'm still getting a check engine light related to the O2 sensor. Considering the old check engine codes on the ECU I erased, I imagine it hasn't ever been hooked up to a computer before. At least not this ECU.

I'm still looking at the old how to's and seeing big red texts saying to never use the Ducati performance S2R1000 XDF.

I've found on the guzzidiag download page various different XDF's to map to and from using my bin, but no stock S2R1000 that isn't DP.

I've also met a few people online who have successfully, in their opinion used the DP S2R1000 XDF.

May I ask if this is a safe thing to do, or, if I'm looking in the wrong direction? I'm not looking to do anything flashy. When loaded up with my bin and the DP S2R1000 XDF, it does state that both my Lambda sensors are still turned on.

I've also compared it to the Guzzidiag https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/ 5AM single lambda and 2 lambda files..

How can I be confident in the XDF file I'm using when I'm being shown old forum files from 5 years ago saying not to do it, but that also don't say what to use as an alternative?

Many thanks.

Rob.
breaddrink

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 10:32:42 PM »

Okay, so I did find this one.. THought I'd upload in case it might be of any help to a passer by one day. You never know.

https://motoxdf.fandom.com/wiki/%28MM_5AMHW610%29_Ducati_SportClassic_Biposto_/_S4RS_/_M695_/_S2R1000

It lines up with my bin at least. The Ducati Performance version XDF on the guzzidiag page was showing complete gibberish, (none of the fuel maps were right or lined up) so this one does in fact look arguably okay.

And of course I still have my stock bin to go back to if need be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: