Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:33:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me kick cable  (Read 6926 times)
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2018, 01:31:55 PM »

What don't you guys get about me not really missing tv?

I can waste my time right here.

++
No (connected) TV in my home for about 15 years now
That's about 18k savings if one assumes 100.00 for some sort of TV access  waytogo

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2018, 03:35:59 AM »

+1

We're probably five years since we ditched cable.

Hulu, Netflix and Amazon prime through a Chromecast from our phones.

I don't think I could go back.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2018, 01:11:02 PM »

There's not enough motivation to watch broadcast commercials...I mean tv... to get me on the roof.

I'm with you, the commercials are the worst part.  I've been cable free some years and the only things to which I subscribe now are Netflix and NBA League Pass.  The cool thing about League Pass is that even though you basically get the feed of whatever local sports station covers that team, they don't include the commercials.  So during commercial breaks you just watch the arena feed (lots of dancing and kiss cams...empirical observation: basketball fans over 50 can't dance).

You really become aware of how much time TV spends trying to get you to buy stuff when that feature is turned off.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
DesmoDiva

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2018, 07:51:51 AM »

Realized our Samsung blu-ray player is "smart."

So we have picked up Netflix.  B isn't super thrilled with the movie selection, I have to agree. 

So those of you that Amazon prime; how does it work?  I mean do you pick the channels you want (hbo, etc) a la cart, or do you get all the listed for one price?  The website isn't super clear.

Guess we should try the free 30 day trial.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2018, 08:22:55 AM »

We have prime but don't watch it much. As I recall if they have it you can watch it for one price.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2018, 12:39:55 PM »

Realized our Samsung blu-ray player is "smart."

So we have picked up Netflix.  B isn't super thrilled with the movie selection, I have to agree. 

So those of you that Amazon prime; how does it work?  I mean do you pick the channels you want (hbo, etc) a la cart, or do you get all the listed for one price?  The website isn't super clear.

Guess we should try the free 30 day trial.
Netflix was better until Amazon and Hulu became strong competitors.

If you just have Prime, there are only certain titles that are included. Some titles you still have to rent, and things like HBO are not included. You do get some free kindle books as well.

Amazon video can be a little funky some times. The audio is glitchy, and T and I are both kinda deaf, so when you turn on subtitles they always seem to be in the wrong place.

I buy a lot of stuff online, and the free shipping makes Prime worth it for me. It's going up in January.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »

I will kick cable come May so that NO penalties are paid

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »

L...this may interest you... https://www.hulu.com/start?&cmp=7957&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=BM%20Search%20BrandTerms&utm_term=+hulu&ds_rl=1251096&ds_rl=1251096&gclid=CjwKCAiA0O7fBRASEiwAYI9QAvHyXxHL-W_tn2-H6Vwg5C_EPzmb9gd37h0B7_n_VH-aErbHuQeKuRoC-m0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If it sucks you're only out 12 bucks.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2018, 02:58:57 PM »

make the beast with two backs Flixnet!

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2018, 08:42:10 AM »

I've moved away from traditional cable. Hulu offers live TV with a 50 hour DVR. It's not a true DVR since you can't completely skip the commercials unless you pay extra, but it has all the local and the cable channels that I care for. The biggest issue is that it's still in beta and if you have a "smart" tv, the app that's included does not support it. I use the Chromecast and my Xbox.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: