Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 12:08:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducatitech.com: Ducati Chain Care and Maintenance  (Read 10525 times)
CDawg

S4RS

« on: May 07, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682LEXdI-80&feature=related
Smiling End

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:59:03 AM »

I'm sure it seems like a no brainer to a lot of people but for me this video helped a lot.  I cleaned my chain real good after watching this and it was easy as pie.  hmm pie....

99 M750 Dark
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 05:58:28 PM »

Just to bump this thread. . .  I first saw this video years ago and this has been my go to method since.  The last chain I replaced I got almost 19,000 miles on it and it probably didn't really need replaced.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 07:28:55 PM »

27K on the 750!  My belief is excess lube is a chain killer and fresh chain lube is the best cleaner.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 07:50:22 PM »

27K on the 750!  My belief is excess lube is a chain killer and fresh chain lube is the best cleaner.

I agree. I think the excess traps grit and becomes an abrasive paste.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 12:17:47 PM »

Theres a tool that wraps around the chain and grabs it from multiple angles. Its not necessary, but it makes the job easier and much faster, which means you'll end up doing it more often. Though, I've broken a few of them being too harsh with it.

Normally i just turn my bike on and put the bike in gear while i use my fingers on the ...im just kidding, dont do that.

https://www.motosport.com/product/?cc=us&key=Grunge-Brush-Chain-Cleaning-Brush&pssource=true&segment=badger&variant=GGB0002-X001-Y001&variant[GGB0002]=GGB0002-X001-Y001

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 03:18:52 PM »

Normally i just turn my bike on and put the bike in gear while i use my fingers on the ...im just kidding, dont do that.

I used to do that.  I don't anymore... at least not with my left hand.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 03:21:19 PM »

laughingdp

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: