Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 02:51:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 324833 times)
caperix

« Reply #360 on: March 13, 2020, 03:56:56 PM »

You said you have a dp ecu installed, most of those disable the o2 sensors.  Have you tried removing the rapid bike and seeing if the faults return.  I have never been a fan of the piggybacking ecu tunners, but the quick shifter limits your options.  Is the evo a merrelli ecu?
RRossi

« Reply #361 on: March 18, 2020, 05:19:51 PM »

You said you have a dp ecu installed, most of those disable the o2 sensors.  Have you tried removing the rapid bike and seeing if the faults return.  I have never been a fan of the piggybacking ecu tunners, but the quick shifter limits your options.  Is the evo a merrelli ecu?

Tomorrow I will remove the RB and reinstall the PCV with the 02 sensors back in like it was before and see what happens, if its good, I will buy a PC Q/S and the balance of life will be restored …..

The only issue also is if I do run the O2 eliminators I will need to retune it and even though I don't pay for tunes its a time thing? 

Stay Tuned! (Pardon the pun)

RR
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #362 on: March 18, 2020, 09:32:40 PM »

Evo has a Siemens (spelling) ECU. With these ECU's (including the DP version), the O2 sensors stay on unless you fit O2 Eliminators or get a reflash.

Another device is the O2 Optimizer. O2 Optimizers work inline with functioning O2 sensors to trick them while O2 Eliminators deactivate them (whether they are removed or not).
The beauty of Optimizers is that you dont need a retune and they trick the ECU to set the AFR around 13.6 in the closed loop section of the map until the PCV takes over in the open loop section of the map.

Eliminators do require you to map over them, so dont expect them to work like an Optimizer.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
RRossi

« Reply #363 on: March 19, 2020, 10:14:09 PM »

Evo has a Siemens (spelling) ECU. With these ECU's (including the DP version), the O2 sensors stay on unless you fit O2 Eliminators or get a reflash.

Another device is the O2 Optimizer. O2 Optimizers work inline with functioning O2 sensors to trick them while O2 Eliminators deactivate them (whether they are removed or not).
The beauty of Optimizers is that you dont need a retune and they trick the ECU to set the AFR around 13.6 in the closed loop section of the map until the PCV takes over in the open loop section of the map.

Eliminators do require you to map over them, so dont expect them to work like an Optimizer.

Got ya, well so far so good, have swapped back to the PC5 with 02 sensors pluged back in and its running fine and no codes, but will be going on a longer ride tonight so that will be the true test, only drama is not having a Q/S but if this works I will have to buy a stand alone Q/S, so now the hunt is on for a unit that is good and easy to set up, any advice?

RR
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #364 on: March 20, 2020, 01:38:12 AM »

I thought PC made one to tap into the PCV iirc.
https://www.dynojet.com/quickshifter/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:49:44 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
RRossi

« Reply #365 on: March 20, 2020, 05:28:18 PM »

Well an update, the PCV runs perfect, no codes and all is good,

so there is something wrong in how the RB works with the hyper, a real shame as I have spent thousands in trying to get it right but that's life I spose, you win some you lose some.

Only option now is to put a Q/S in and be done with it.

RR
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #366 on: February 09, 2021, 09:40:37 PM »

Tested PC O2 Optimiser against the Smartmoto O2 Eliminators on a modified M1100Evo today. The bike has a dyno tuned PCV, velocity stack intake kit, DP ECU, Termis and deactivated exhaust servo.
The test covered the closed loop rpm/throttle range that these devices deal with. One completely excludes the information from the O2 sensors and one works with the sensors to trick the ECU to be more generous.

The difference in how the respective devices worked with ECU was quite vivid. The PC Optimizer provided very strong acceleration and immediate and very aggressive throttle response. The bike surged forward spinning up very quickly with small throttle adjustments. Small throttle turns yielded big surges of torque. Very gratifying. The bike went from angry to rage.

The Smartmoto devices allowed a dyno tune map to apply to closed loop rpm/throttle and was very soft and smooth, a bit like urban or wet mode that some bikes have. This made throttle control easy and safe. The motor felt flat in comparison, but with easy throttle modulation and very smooth power delivery.

So wild Vs mild.
I went with wild Cool

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 09:58:45 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #367 on: February 11, 2021, 07:29:23 AM »

That's cool!

I would still like to tune my ECU, but I haven't quite made the mods you have on my '13 796.  I don't know if you can qualify a 796's torque as either angry or rage, but it would be fun to have a little more response.  Smiley

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2021, 09:35:35 PM »

What mods were they again?

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2021, 08:40:20 AM »

What mods were they again?

Simple enough... Arrow slipons, which helped the bottom end immensely, a Duc-ee servo eliminator.  I actually have the mid-pipe from a 696, so I can get rid of the flapper completely... it's in the To Do pile.

It still has the factory intake, which I'm reluctant to fool with.  I have a second ECU I picked up, I want to send it off and have it remapped, it's my understanding that some maps will eliminate the O2 sensors completely.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2021, 11:13:17 AM »

Yes O2 delete is an option and mapping applied to that rpm/throttle % zone.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #371 on: February 14, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »

Yes O2 delete is an option and mapping applied to that rpm/throttle % zone.

I guess I have to axe... what, exactly, are the downsides to leaving the O2 sensors?

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2021, 11:40:24 AM »

If they are programmed out of the equation with a reflash then they are fine just sitting there.  You can remove them and fit bungs.

The other route is to actually use them via the Powercommander route. The Powercommander/Dynojet O2 Optimizer unit actually makes them work really well imo. I have tested that route with a PCV dyno tuned for performance and have been very happy with the results on two Siemens ECU controlled Evo 1100 motors. The two Powercommander modules work together, one covers the closed loop zone and one covers the open loop zone and I am a convert to this method.

Others have gone the reflash route and are happy. I think the reflash route works best if the map is created for your bike via a dyno tune.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2021, 04:46:26 AM »

One other thing, I read recently that the O2 sensors can be damaged if left in without being connected. I can't verify this at present. If this is true then it's best to remove them and fit bungs if the reflash deletes their input.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2023, 02:51:52 PM »

One other thing, I read recently that the O2 sensors can be damaged if left in without being connected. I can't verify this at present. If this is true then it's best to remove them and fit bungs if the reflash deletes their input.
If they're disconnected, why would it matter? If you don't want them...?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: