Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 12:04:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 326782 times)
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 09:47:35 AM »

I see this thread as completely clinical and applaud CDawg for taking the initiative to keep track of the possible O2 solutions here.

Moto4US.com- Please, instead of griping at CDawg you might take the time to ask how the RB solution can be improved from a CUSTOMER perspective.  The nature of this thread is that your potential customers are trying to find solutions for the closed loop ECU problem.  You must admit that RB suffers a slight disadvantage in that there aren't nearly as many technicians experienced with it which forces people to have to try and install it themselves (or not).  Forums provide loads of product feedback and any DIY'er is most likely going to look for some helpful decision making feedback- hence, this thread.  Make it the easiest, best working solution and you'll have no problem selling it.  Not trying to slam you but you'd be better served to make the product more friendly rather than go on the offensive when something so very remotely disparaging about the RB solution is said.  CDawg notes many positives about the RB, and does not mistate results posted here or elsewhere.

Read several posts above and you'll see that Mark at MotoCreations is going to use a RB solution to attempt to resolve the closed loop issue for a set of S4RS Boom Tubes.  He'll be using my bike, so as you can see I'm open to the RB as much as any other solution.  I am just one of many potential customers.  Let's make some happy riders.  waytogo

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
moto4us.com

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 08:51:20 AM »

The big picture is more complex, involving Dimsport...I wrote this before and I don't want to spend more time for some dummkopfs (not talking about you guys, you are just customers)...I'm taking care of my business and my customers and I don't spend anymore time&money to push this product when nobody else, including the producer, isn't going in right direction.
Don't get me wrong I want to sell but I'm getting tired to test everything, back up the product and the producer and many more details.
Please let me know if you have more technical questions.

flsurfdog

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 02:46:32 PM »

About rigged PC... you need advance not just AFR and also I don't remember one on a '07 up...correct me if I'm wrong.

I had a rigged PC on my old 06 s2r1k....posted on it on TOB and on a tech thread here.   don't have the money to pay to do it again, but i just traded someone the DP pipe that came on my new 06 s2r1k for a part i needed to put my spark header back on.  Now when i get around to putting it all back on i'm gonna try and rig the PCIII to this bike myself.  (don't hold your breath but i'll post up how it goes)

Now unless there's a big difference between the 06 and 07, do you really NEED advance?  when i had it done i just had AFR mapped and was a pretty happy camper.   now....would timing advance and rev limiter be nice and make it better.....my guess is probably, but i'm looking for a little boost, along with the sight and sound of the exhaust and intake of my choice...not looking to shave lap time.

06 s2r1000, Apex Clip-ons, Lowered headlight and gauges, HID high/low, Wasen Design front signals, reflectors removed, Mag Performance clutch cover, Rizoma star pressure plate, open airbox, Spark midpipe, Leo Ti slip-on, tail chop and frame plug blinkers
flsurfdog

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 03:32:48 AM »

Here's my rigged PCIII dyno from a while back...  pod filters, spark midpipe, leo vince Ti sbk slip on

06 s2r1000, Apex Clip-ons, Lowered headlight and gauges, HID high/low, Wasen Design front signals, reflectors removed, Mag Performance clutch cover, Rizoma star pressure plate, open airbox, Spark midpipe, Leo Ti slip-on, tail chop and frame plug blinkers
hillbillypolack

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

Good to see.  I'd have hoped that a run with the header pipe, slip ons and PC 3 would be getting closer to 90hp, though.  Do you have an open airbox?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:59:39 AM by hillbillypolack » Logged
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 06:03:23 AM »

1st post updated with RB3: "1 case reported of not working with the stepper motor for an 06 S2r1k."
moto4us.com

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 06:38:13 AM »

1st post updated with RB3: "1 case reported of not working with the stepper motor for an 06 S2r1k."

laughingdp biensure you loose the stepper motor and only when it's cold (like under 50F) you'll have to help it with 5-10% throttle, other then that I never had a problem (actually when starts the idle fluctuate a little bit for few sec, then perfect).
Again this is more then funny...I heard "1 case reported of not working with the stepper motor..."   popcorn
flsurfdog

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 06:58:40 AM »

Good to see.  I'd have hoped that a run with the header pipe, slip ons and PC 3 would be getting closer to 90hp, though.  Do you have an open airbox?

I had K&N pod filters on that run.  I was thinkning the numbers looked a little low too....  maybe a similar dyno to the one monstermash had his bike on since his numbers didn't look so hot either.....dunno

CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 07:01:33 AM »

laughingdp biensure you loose the stepper motor and only when it's cold (like under 50F) you'll have to help it with 5-10% throttle, other then that I never had a problem (actually when starts the idle fluctuate a little bit for few sec, then perfect).

Al,
Does that apply to the S4RS as well?  Thx!
flsurfdog

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 07:04:32 AM »

Again this is more then funny...I heard "1 case reported of not working with the stepper motor..."   popcorn

But that's exactly how mine ran with the rigged PCIII.  I had hoped the bike wouldn't need that sort of help with the RB...

moto4us.com

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »

Al,
Does that apply to the S4RS as well?  Thx!

yes, but again you may have problems only when cold outside...just a little throttle help for few sec isn't big deal if you really want to ride in winter...and there are differences from bike to bike. I had only 2-3 bikes (talking about S2R or S2RS) in 3 years with this "problem"....and we have few more factory settings in this equation (like we all know, bikes running great from factory and some "not so good").
In fact if I have the bike here I can adjust that with my pro software.

On the other hand we cannot compare POCO here...
brad black

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 03:14:36 AM »

yes, but again you may have problems only when cold outside...just a little throttle help for few sec isn't big deal if you really want to ride in winter...and there are differences from bike to bike. I had only 2-3 bikes (talking about S2R or S2RS) in 3 years with this "problem"....and we have few more factory settings in this equation (like we all know, bikes running great from factory and some "not so good").
In fact if I have the bike here I can adjust that with my pro software.

On the other hand we cannot compare POCO here...

are you saying you have to disconnect the idle control valve when you fit the RB?

Brad The Bike Boy

http://www.bikeboy.org
inka

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 06:38:50 AM »

Hey all,

I've recently installed full Arrow Titaniums, K&N filter, and an RB3 with the O2 emulator (2006 S2R1000) and am having some problems.  Overall it seems to be running lean (popping on decel) and runs fairly rough below 4k rpms.  It also stumbles badly at around 7k while under WOT.  If I rev the bike more slowly it does not stumble.  I've tried various troubleshooting methods, new plugs, baffles in/out, airbox cover on/off, but to no avail.  Anyone else experience this problem?  Any ideas on what the issue may be?

Thanks,

Inka

2006 S2R1000, Full 50mm Arrow Titanium Exhaust, Rizoma mirrors, 14T sprocket, K&N filter, Rapidbike3, DP gel seat
peaveybassist

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2008, 04:41:28 PM »

Why can't you just unplug the o2 sensor? That should put the computer back in closed loop and throw a check engine light but you should be able to add a PC3 and be able to tune it then.
inka

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2008, 05:57:25 PM »

Peavey,

I could try that, but I spent $600 on a RB3 and O2 module and I want it to work as advertised!  Also, as you are probably aware, there is no PCIII for the S2R1000 and no consistent results with the module for the i.e monsters.

-Inka

2006 S2R1000, Full 50mm Arrow Titanium Exhaust, Rizoma mirrors, 14T sprocket, K&N filter, Rapidbike3, DP gel seat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: