Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:43:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

CA-Cycleworks

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FWIRESLG Kits Discontinued...For Now....  (Read 6124 times)
CannedIce

« on: July 30, 2013, 11:02:46 AM »

Hello everyone,

Very sad to report that we have been having reports of our flange wiring kits leaking after a few months not just a few days. We were testing them for 5 days soaking them in water, but it is not as telling as we would like. We cannot test them with gasoline because of fuel vapor laws.

At this point we are taking them off of the market so Chris can study what is going wrong. We hope to bring them back out, but there is no ETA at this time. We apologize for this, but we don't want to inconvenience our loyal customers, dealers and distributors any further.

Thank you for your support.

Warm Regards,
Candice Babineau
Operations Manager
California Cycleworks, Inc
www.ca-cycleworks.com
P: 619/501-2466
F: 619/569-1917

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 11:21:34 AM »

Use 100% ethyl alcohol to test them.  Or even just 70% from the pharmacy.

It is more aggressive than gasoline (G100 or E10) and there should be no CARB issues with using it for testing.

If the issue is potting, I can direct you to a company that makes ethanol/gas/oil proof epoxies..

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »

ducatiz, you're not in California, right? Tongue CARB doesn't want business using anything that can evaporate. This will require some googling.

And no potting is gas/ethanol proof. Tongue

Our wires don't use potting. Tongue Tongue

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
Raux
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:23:53 PM »

wouldn't normal rubbing alcohol be the same?

I mean that's available at a pharmacy
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »

ducatiz, you're not in California, right? Tongue CARB doesn't want business using anything that can evaporate. This will require some googling.

And no potting is gas/ethanol proof. Tongue

Our wires don't use potting. Tongue Tongue

The first tank coatin I used was an epoxy based type used to coat fuel oil pipes.  It was too difficult to work with but they said it was tested for a 20 year life and then recoat.

Spend time in California due to family but refuse to live there.....

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:27:15 PM »

wouldn't normal rubbing alcohol be the same?

I mean that's available at a pharmacy

That's isopropyl alcohol, different stuff.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Raux
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:15:06 PM »

i'm not a chemist Wink
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:37:31 AM »

That's isopropyl alcohol, different stuff.

You can get ethanol (ethyl alcohol) too.  70% is the max.

The other 30% is a mix of various noxious stuff to keep you from drinking it.

http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-70-Ethyl-Rubbing-Alcohol?skuId=304659

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: