Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 10:18:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metro Detroit gathering  (Read 20599 times)
roggie

« on: July 28, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »

Since today's small gathering was a success, I thought I'd try to start something new here in the local boards again. And I think since this is out of the main monster area the back and forth discussion can be open? Mods correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'd be up for trying a once a month (or more frequent) meet up if anyone else is interested. The dealer in Bham was cool today and seemed somewhat central. might be fun to eventually make it a meet up and ride option too.

Any thoughts or interest?

-Matt
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:14:59 PM by roggie » Logged

DexterMorgan

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »

Yeah, today was cool.  Good to finally meet some other Monster owners.  The dealership would be fine as a meeting spot and we can ride from there.  I'll let a few of the other guys know about it.  We can keep an open invitation to any Ducati owners who want to join. 

I DID get caught in the pouring rain on my way home!  I was soaked.

Matt, PM me your cell, yours is the only one I don't have.

Hopefully we can get some group rides together!

-Adam-
2013 Monster 1100 Evo
2013 Monster 796 (wife's)
baz

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »

Yeah, good meeting up for a bit yesterday.  DexterMorgan, u still want to meet up for a ride this evening?  Hopefully we can get a few others too on short notice  if you still are up for it  bacon
roggie

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:05:05 PM »

Did you guys get a ride in?

Matt, I forgot to ask you where you usually ride? I've been trying to hit Hines dr when I have a little free time. It's the only curvy road I've found that is realitvely close.

DexterMorgan

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »

Matt, I forgot to ask you where you usually ride? I've been trying to hit Hines dr when I have a little free time. It's the only curvy road I've found that is realitvely close.

I didn't get a chance to ride today. Turned out to be pretty nice too.  I was actually going to ask you guys the same thing the other day about good roads that are fun to ride and I forgot.  Hopefully we can meet up and ride soon.

-Adam-
2013 Monster 1100 Evo
ItsaDuc

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »

I was able to get out for a few hours today and road out to TT to see what they had. Nice S4rs there they just got in.

Also took m59 to woodward and stopped by they new shop to see how its coming. Charlie came out and introduced himself and gave me some info about dates and stuff. Seems like a good guy.
DexterMorgan

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »

Yeah, that s4rs is awesome.

Charlie is a really good guy.  He introduces himself to ANY enthusiast who rides up.  I am going to enjoy working for him.

I just noticed.....this thread ALREADY has more replies than any other thread in the MCM section.   Look at us go.   laughingdp
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:32:44 PM by DexterMorgan » Logged

-Adam-
2013 Monster 1100 Evo
baz

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »

The best roads I have found are near bloomfield hills area (~30 minutes from me) or else the best i have found is near pickney state park and ann arbor.  i haven't take the road near hell,mi, but i hear that is nice too.

If anyone is interested in heading out there sometime in the evening or an afternoon on the weekend i'd be interested. 

roggie - where is hines dr.?  i tried to map it out but didnt find anything
baz

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »

Yeah, that s4rs is awesome.

Charlie is a really good guy.  He introduces himself to ANY enthusiast who rides up.  I am going to enjoy working for him.

I just noticed.....this thread ALREADY has more replies than any other thread in the MCM section.   Look at us go.   laughingdp

TT has some nice people and are really friendly/helpful usually, but I am definitely pumped to have another dealership closer to woodward area.  once the opening gets closer they should try and plan a large Duc gathering, that should also give some free advertisement
ItsaDuc

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 06:41:01 PM »

The best roads I have found are near bloomfield hills area (~30 minutes from me) or else the best i have found is near pickney state park and ann arbor.  i haven't take the road near hell,mi, but i hear that is nice too.

If anyone is interested in heading out there sometime in the evening or an afternoon on the weekend i'd be interested. 

roggie - where is hines dr.?  i tried to map it out but didnt find anything

Hines starts somewhere around Telegraph and Joy rd(maybe a little further east) and heads west. Its fun but speed limit is 35-40 so not to enthusiastic. The road to Hell is good. The local duc club used to do Sunday rides and a few guys knew all the side roads in the area. It would get quite "spirited". I did a few Sundays but wouldn't be able to navigate the same roads since its been a few years.
roggie

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 04:36:58 AM »

Yeah I usually take Southfield south to 96w to Outer drive to Hines. There is a little road called Rouge Park Dr that splits off of Outer then hooks back up into it that can be fun. It's not the nicest area and you have to dodge a few road closed signs but its fun and I've never had any problems.
And yes Hines is slow, I think 45, and the curves aren't tight by any means but there are only a few stop lights so you can stay moving. If you are heading west I believe it turns into 7 mile in the northville area. Like Itsaduc said not very enthusiastic but better than the mile grids and its realitively close for me.

Ive heared AA has some better roads and I'd like to try this road to hell too! (No pun intended).
Maybe we can set something up...

Ahks
Modest with his

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 08:47:44 AM »

Hines' speed limit is 40. It's patrolled by unmarked sheriffs. Unmarked and odd cars. like old Chevy Blazers and random sedans that aren't associated with Wayne County Sheriffs. I've heard several stories of folks getting pulled over for as little as 3 over the limit on Hines.

That being said, it's a great cruis on the way OUT to 7mi rd, which I take across to whitmore lake area then pinkney then you are in what passes for "good" roads in our area. Pinckney, Stockbridge, Hell area have some great twisties and not a whole lot of leo presence. Some local groups refer to this as the "west side loop" and you can chain some VERY interesting roads together when you get to know the area.

If you get a ride together on the weekends PM me, if you don't mind my Hinkley built machine riding with your Italian ladies Smiley
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:49:45 AM by Ahks » Logged
DexterMorgan

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »

Hines' speed limit is 40. It's patrolled by unmarked sheriffs. Unmarked and odd cars. like old Chevy Blazers and random sedans that aren't associated with Wayne County Sheriffs. I've heard several stories of folks getting pulled over for as little as 3 over the limit on Hines.

That being said, it's a great cruis on the way OUT to 7mi rd, which I take across to whitmore lake area then pinkney then you are in what passes for "good" roads in our area. Pinckney, Stockbridge, Hell area have some great twisties and not a whole lot of leo presence. Some local groups refer to this as the "west side loop" and you can chain some VERY interesting roads together when you get to know the area.

If you get a ride together on the weekends PM me, if you don't mind my Hinkley built machine riding with your Italian ladies Smiley

You can join us man!  You don't HAVE to have a Duc.  I am not one of those guys that is going to say you cant ride with us, that would be some childish BS lol.  PM me your name and cell and I will let you know if we plan something (off the boards).

Matt, (Roggie) We should plan something to hell and back!   Evil Evil

-Adam-
2013 Monster 1100 Evo
roggie

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »

Thanks for chiming in Ahks. Good info about Hines, especially since I usually push it close to 60 mph for short bursts when I ride it.

And yeah you and your British bike are more than welcome. What are you riding? My good friend just picked up a street triple R a few months ago. Sweet ride indeed.

Weekends are good for me as long as I can squeeze in the time to ride around toddler duty!

Yeah Adam, sounds good to me!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:00:17 PM by roggie » Logged

Ahks
Modest with his

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 06:07:35 PM »

Dexter, your earlier PM is replied to Smiley

And yeah you and your British bike are more than welcome. What are you riding? My good friend just picked up a street triple R a few months ago. Sweet ride indeed.
I've got a 98 Daytona (the 3 cylinder song is a beautiful song when piped thru a big shortened carbon akrapovic can Evil )
It's not exactly a standard Daytona tho :p Build thread with pictures and my issues can be seen here http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1274363#post1274363 It runs good (early efi fueling issues Roll Eyes and I went thru it rather thoroughly over the winter :p It really looks rough now, I actually regret starting the body work and having to half ass it for this season, but if I own it for a few more seasons the bodywork will be sorted with something nice and tasteful. I'm hoping to teach myself how to layup CF waytogo
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: