Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:58:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you react when a cager cuts you off or pulls out in front of you?  (Read 27969 times)
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 01:08:23 PM »

Like most of the posts here, I just ignore it and move on.  Anger swells but after a minute or so I am cooled off, so I try to just be patient knowing I will cool off.  Sometimes I pull next to them and indicate that they cut me off---no middle finger or anything aggressive, just a kinda "what the heck are you doing??" gesture.  This is because I think sometimes they don't know and by making them aware, I may be alerting them to their carelessness.  Most likely not, but for that 1% I think it is worth it as it may save the next biker.

Parking, however, is another mess.  I am more likely to retaliate for someone that damages my bike due to shitty parking.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Dochunt

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 01:35:00 PM »

I treat every car on the road (even if its driven by a family member) as a potential death threat. Give them a lot of room and expect them to do the wrong thing!!!.  Its a different story if I am driving my truck.

Aprilia Caponord 1200 2015
M796 ABS 2012
Triumph thunderbird Sport 1998
aaajn

Arctic Circle Trip

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2016, 01:56:02 AM »

I usually try for 'D' and recite their license plate # over and over. I also have a habit of narrating their life's story in my helmet. "Look at this Dumb F*$% driving like they were huffing paint....." Point is, that doesn't help. In Charleston, SC, there are so many types of cagers, rednecks, humanitarians, humanitarian rednecks, others.... I pretend I am prey, my best defense is to leave. That being said, had a Silver Chevy Pick up feet from my tail, not sure what I did to piss him off but I slowed down to let him pass, he got closer and honked so I made a quick turn into a side street and stopped, he followed me and now I knew it was not longer random stupidity. Did a quick U-turn and left his big truck to do a 15 point K turn. I was in a different town before he got back on the road. Wish I had his plate though.
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 07:27:49 AM »

You need dash cam, both front and rear facing camera.

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=70891.0

RobGMonster1200S

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 06:14:53 AM »

"Keep Calm, They're Cagers". We are too. Except  ;Driding on two wheels makes us better cagers....
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 04:22:29 AM »

Depends on how much Sudafed I've had for my sinus condition. Grin

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
E900 to 696

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 10:38:07 AM »

I give the combo honk/rev/headhsake and my personal touch a thumbs down. Not enough for someone to get agitated enough to run me over but gets the point across. But if you want to startle them back, nothing works better against a minivan than bouncing off the rev limiter for a couple seconds.
Ken Masters

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2019, 05:16:09 AM »

Just get a really loud exhaust
It scares people...
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2019, 10:09:29 AM »

poop a little....

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: