Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:01:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHINDENGEN MOSFET FH020AA REGULATOR/RECTIFIER  (Read 4384 times)
monsterknut

« on: July 08, 2013, 04:48:21 AM »

Im thinking of replacing the OEM regulator on my 94 M900 (2 wire stator) with a better quality aftermarket alternative to prevent future problems ..Is the SH FH020AA the best alternative and will it function as it should on my old 2 wire stator Monster ?
  This is the RR kit im looking at  http://motoelectrixcom.myshopify.com/products/shindengen-mosfet-fh012aa-regulator-rectifier-kit

94 Monster 900 .
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:13:16 AM »

I believe the FH020AA is the best available.

Here's mine on my 695:

After a few weeks use, I can report that it doesn't get hot at all, and that it holds a more constant 14.4V than my old OEM regulator, which used to overcharge my battery a little at high revs.

The only downside is that it isn't a straightforward swap, as its sized a little differently to the stock one. You probably don't need to go quite as overboard as I did fabbing a mount though.

Oh, and buy the proper crimper for the furukawa terminals that it uses.

It's got plenty of excess capacity. It should be fine on a single phase alternator.

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
monsterknut

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »

Thanks for your answer , i have now ordered the kit . Hopefully it will eliminate potential electrical breakdowns in the middle of nowhere for my future road trips .

94 Monster 900 .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: