Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 12:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade mods  (Read 279623 times)
A.duc.H.duc.

944 ist sehr gut!

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »

My second mod, was to trim down the rear exhaust hangers. Just cut off the peg, use a little filler, file to shape and paint.
I prefer the unluttered look it gives - no unsightly passengers. Wink Thanks to Jeff H, I got the idea from his elegant classic style 900.

That's nice looking, good work.

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."
FajitaMonster

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 11:32:34 AM »

I did some mods to my stock triple, and some other things.. Grin

Man! Your Monster is looking sweeeeeet! waytogo I've seen pics of your bike before (and downloaded them) and was admiring your work for inspirational purposes just last night. Very nice.
Juan

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »

Thank you very much.
I have done some cleaning of oil lines, and wires from the right side since then, also replaced the cylindrical reservoirs for the ones on the Multistrada, when you compare both pictures you will see why. Also lowered the light and instrument panel even more. The new pictures of those changes  will come up on the M.O.M.b.. soon.

Thanks.   chug

mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 05:43:12 PM »

I had a friend machine shallow pockets into a stock clutch cover, and then I painted it Italian flag style:

I had the same friend machine a license plate holder that I designed:

Grappa

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »

Wish I had a friend that could just machine parts for me.   Cry   Looks nice!

Ahh... but the servant waits, while the master baits.

Sometimes Aloha means Goodbye.
Juan

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 06:45:58 PM »

Wish I had a friend that could just machine parts for me.   Cry   Looks nice!

Choping that triple clamp was a lot easier than you think..!!  cheeky

toaster

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 08:35:10 AM »

get ready for the cheapness.  i made my own set of adapters for pod filters.

i used two pvc pipe fittings like the one below,  but i cut them in half so that all im using is the threaded part.  they are smooth on the inside and didnt have any changes in size through the part i was using so i figured it couldnt be too bad.  the size of pvc i used was for 2in pvc pipe on the non threaded end.  i measured the outside diameter of the threads, and found a corresponding k&n filter that fit, and also measured the ammount of room between where they mounted and the bottom of the tank so i could fit the biggest ones possible under there (6 inches).  the part number i used for the filters was ru0620 (im 99% sure)

and how it looks on the bike.

Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »

get ready for the cheapness.  i made my own set of adapters for pod filters.

i used two pvc pipe fittings like the one below,  but i cut them in half so that all im using is the threaded part.  they are smooth on the inside and didnt have any changes in size through the part i was using so i figured it couldnt be too bad.  the size of pvc i used was for 2in pvc pipe on the non threaded end.  i measured the outside diameter of the threads, and found a corresponding k&n filter that fit, and also measured the ammount of room between where they mounted and the bottom of the tank so i could fit the biggest ones possible under there (6 inches).  the part number i used for the filters was ru0620 (im 99% sure)

and how it looks on the bike.

I'll bet the intake noise is honking loud!

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
toaster

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 01:27:32 PM »

i like the way it sounds.  its a bit louder than the airbox top being cut open, and i can hardly hear the exhaust for a few seconds when i go wide open at lower rpms.  my buddy with a triumph speed triple hates me for the fact that he can hear my intake when hes riding beside me, but cant hear his at all.
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »

i like the way it sounds.  its a bit louder than the airbox top being cut open, and i can hardly hear the exhaust for a few seconds when i go wide open at lower rpms.  my buddy with a triumph speed triple hates me for the fact that he can hear my intake when hes riding beside me, but cant hear his at all.

Well then stop riding with Triumph riders!  laughingdp

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
toaster

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »

This is the triumph rider,

It does not bother me that much since the only time we are side by side is at stop lights or when I stop by and see it on the lift at his shop. Gay night is the only time I see ducati riders going somewhere fast. Nakeds were meant to  be rode by hooligans maybe you should hang out with more triumph riders, then maybe you could grow a set of your own  Tongue.
stef

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »

Experimenting with tachos:
I did the prototype in the lab, blue LEDs of course.

came the problem of mounting it:

too damn ugly !
so back to the drawing board with a new idea: where is the clay ?

all primed:

and finished:

Juan

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »

Nice work..  waytogo I saw the pix at the other thread, but this one has how it is made...

Sgt_H

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »

Experimenting with tachos:
I did the prototype in the lab, blue LEDs of course.

Wow, that's incredible.  Great work!

Sgt_H
Banned
stef

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 11:40:37 AM »

Nice work..  waytogo I saw the pix at the other thread, but this one has how it is made...
hours of fun...hours..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: