Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade mods  (Read 277960 times)
DesmoDiva

« on: May 07, 2008, 04:18:36 AM »

Title says it all.  Mods you have done to your bike for little or no $$$. 

Post a picture and a brief description of how the mod was accomplished.

Mod:  sprocket cover

How it was done:  I used a drill press to drill holes at the end of the indentations and cut out the middle material using a scroll saw.  Cleaned up the edges with a file.  Presto!! modded sprocket cover. 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:57:01 AM by DesmoDiva » Logged

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Cider

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:51:23 AM »

Nicely done!  I tried to cut mine and buggered it up.  I should have waited until I was in a patient mood.
DJ

'94 M900, aka 'Angelina'

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:03:48 AM »

I've done a few little things to the monster. in the fall of '05 I got sick and tired of the damn wet weather (and arse!) so made a few 'winterizing mods'.

Open airbox, K&N, FCRs, Dynas, custom Yoshi slip-ons, custom clutch, some CC stuff and other assorted, naughty bits that make my wife worry...
Pics & Mods
Irish Club ----- iDOC
US Club ------- DesmoNorthwest
Alex

2000 M900ie

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »

This is my latest clutch mod. I had a serious problem with rain causing my open clutch to rust, and wear prematurely (My clutch was still silent, like new, but the friction material was gone so it slipped like crazy...). My solution is called "the umbrella." It's my stock clutch cover that I never planned on using again. Well, it's half of it. I just took my trusty dremel and went to town.

It actually works great. My clutch is still mostly open, but now my bike can sit in the rain all day long and the plates never stick together.

Also, taking off belt covers, the windscreen, the part of the tail I "chopped," and the tail cover were obviously free.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:31:46 PM by Alex » Logged

Aftermarket: RoadRacing modified under-engine exhaust, revalved 996 forks, ProCutting half-open clutch, CC triple and pressure plate, 999 clipons, BMC filter, CRG-LS mirrors, PC3, Rizoma rearsets, heated grips, +2 teeth in rear gearing, Veypor VR2 computer, MBP collets, Yoyodyne slave, Galfer waves front and rear, misc CF (mostly faded), CRG clutch/brake levers.
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »

Chopped, cored, and painted a set of stocker cans (off a 620) prior to getting my sils:

Used a Dremel to cut the welds on the cap, miter saw to cut about 3" off, rivet gun to close her up, and Dupli-color engine enamel (ceramic, 500-degree, gloss) to paint 'em.

I also did the sprocket cover mod (same as OP except with a router and trim bit):

duc996

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:05:42 AM »

Not bad, wt:

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 10:23:27 AM »

I cant post pics. but I made my own cans and painted some parts.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
Juan

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 04:28:10 PM »

I did some mods to my stock triple, and some other things.. Grin

TJR178

2004 Monster S4R, 2010 HD FLHRC

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »

I'll post a pic when I'm all done, but the things I did with little or no money was:

- painted headlight ring black
- painted headlight brackets black
- took off emissions canister
- put tips on my "udders" and spray painted everything with ceramic paint. ( I orginally had Spark CF cans, but while I was redoing those, I put the "udder" back on ala ICON.  Now, ironically, the udder is staying.

There's a ton of stuff to be done with little or no $.
Ducatl

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 10:13:37 PM »

-Tail chop, custom made the bracket using some thin aluminum.
-Belt covers, modded stock covers off an m800 with cut-out centers and 1/16ths inch lexan plates.
-custom built rear-sets with right side exhaust hanger
-custom exhaust, built with stock 1098s can  (soon to be changed to another custom setup)
-custom chopped/painted stock rear fender
-emissions removal.
-tank and seat cowl rattle-canned
-clutch cover face temporarily rattle-canned to hide rash from previous owner 

I think that's about it so far, I'm working on creating a new exhaust and switching up the swingarm as of right now.
Duc and Cover

2006 S2R1000 - Silver, Black, and Effin Fast!

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »

Took a hacksaw to my stock windscreen and made a mini bikini-fairing out of it. I also flipped the handlebars upside down. Gives almost the same look and feel as clip-ons, but doesn't cost a penny.

...CRG bar-ends, DIY tail chop, open clutch cover, open timing belt cover, stainless clutch springs w/black caps, Bitubo top-mount steering damper, 14-t front sprocket, integrated LED smoked tail light, clear front mini signals, full Termi exhaust, DP open airbox, DP ECU, suspension tuned by DucPond Racing, flipped handlebars, titanium Rizoma reservoirs, DIY chopped bikini fairing, DucDual headlights w/halos, mini CF rear chain guard, pro-grips, misplaced emissions canister...
Juan

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 11:33:39 AM »

Took a hacksaw to my stock windscreen and made a mini bikini-fairing out of it. I also flipped the handlebars upside down. Gives almost the same look and feel as clip-ons, but doesn't cost a penny.

This is what I am talking about...!!!  wt: I did the same thing to mine but no way near as nice as yours..!  we need more picks of that fairing... cheeky
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:50:54 AM by Juan » Logged

LUKE

07 S4RT Green Bay, WI

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 07:26:53 PM »

that's really awesome.

Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »

Custom clutch cover.

Used a dremel and a hand file.

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
desmobloke

750ie Dark

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 10:38:59 AM »

My second mod, was to trim down the rear exhaust hangers. Just cut off the peg, use a little filler, file to shape and paint.
I prefer the unluttered look it gives - no unsightly passengers. Wink Thanks to Jeff H, I got the idea from his elegant classic style 900.

Ahh! Summer changes everything. BARMAN!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: