Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 05:30:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: make the beast with two backs make the beast with two backs make the beast with two backs...  (Read 37818 times)
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2016, 03:35:59 AM »

Sad

Weird coincidence, I thought of him while mowing my lawn last weekend.  Huh?
..were there any dead vermin in your swimming pool?  Grin

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »

..were there any dead vermin in your swimming pool?  Grin

No, but there was a rank dead bird in the yard that I ended up running over with the mower.  laughingdp

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2016, 09:19:23 AM »

Two days ago, a long-ago friend & co-worker contacted me out of the blue, telling me he'd stumbled on my blacksmithing website and was particularly impressed by the moon door knockers & the story behind them.

There are no coincidences.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2016, 01:37:40 PM »

Here ya go Rat.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2016, 03:27:07 PM »

A couple of weeks ago, for no apparent reason, I opened up the Rat Tales thread and went through it all.  There's a lot of life in there

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2016, 04:03:41 PM »

A couple of weeks ago, for no apparent reason, I opened up the Rat Tales thread and went through it all.  There's a lot of life in there

IIRC it's missing a couple of things-I think "My culinary experience" and the one about mimes.

I think I sent Ung a PM about it but he ignored my sage wisdom.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »

IIRC it's missing a couple of things-I think "My culinary experience" and the one about mimes.

This one?
Allow me to apologize in advance....I hate mimes, or pantomimes if you will. I'm Sorry....sort of....this loathing is followed closely by clown-hatred

I know it is not a rational thing and with some serious counseling we could probably get to the root of the issue....but these days I am hesitant to pull on any of the loose threads of my personality for fear of what might come unraveled, and Mime Hatred is not on the top of the triage roster of self-improvement initiatives. So I have made my peace with the demon of Mime Hatred that I carry in my head....to the point where I have Googled "Mimes" and found that I am not alone...there are others, this is comforting. witness:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=mimes2

This fellow understands, apparently there are many of us who do. I am pretty sure that Mime Hatred isn't yet classed as an official hate speech crime so I will speak openly until then. Also I don't plan on slashing any early-era Harlequin Picasso's ,,,I do keep my pathology in check.

I once witnessed a Street Mime get clocked in the nose.

It is a treasured memory. Street Mimes feed off people...they use your obvious traits or characteristics to amuse others. I am from the school that only gives people I know or love or simply trust and like...the permission to take a poke at me for laughs.

A stranger in greasepaint and tights attempting to make a fool of me for the amusement of other strangers is not on the list of allowed individuals.

Back in the early 1980's I was working in Lower Manhattan over on Broad Street...in the nice weather we would go over to the pier at the end of South Street at lunchtime to get buckets of beer from Jeremy's Kiosk on the wharf. It was before "The Seaport" was finished becoming the official GA-Rated Disney tour it now is. Yes there were lots of tourists but the area still had a few more raw edges to it than it had boutiques. Sweet's Restaurant was still a cash-only enterprise...

The hot, humid days of mid-summer would ferment the raw stench of the Fulton Fish Market next door to the Seaport, the odor would waft down the narrow cobblestone streets permeating the area with an authentic smell of old 19th century NY waterfront...and, like the fishmongers who worked the market, it added the right element of residual forgotten-zone seediness to the area.

Manhattan has pretty much run out of seedy forgotten zones, there used to be so many and I miss them

Anyway, I was walking down Water Street one summer day and cut down South Street to head under the FDR to the wharf to get my lunchtime beer ration. A clump of tourists was gathered halfway down the block. In front of them was a Street Mime performing...yup black tights, harlequin shirt and white grease-paint...ugh

As I walked past him and his audience I tensed up.

I have social anxiety..big time...it runs in my DNA and as a consequence I have had to develop more masks and persona's than a make the beast with two backsing mime or a sociopath could ever wet-dream up.

I had to, in order to survive in the world, but behind all of my fronts, is one really self-conscious gnome operating the controls. I can impersonate just about anything I need to and it has worked quite well...

but let me tell you if I am cornered into being the center of attention for more than 4 or 5 people I will try to dig through the floor to escape....a violinist coming to my table at a dinner is like an eternity of damnation....a restaurant room full of good natured patrons joining into a Happy Birthday ambush on me....well someone please shoot me...someone on stage looking at me too long...forget it....or worse an entertainer looking to buttonhole volunteers will have me diving for the floor

I am not timid by any stretch...actually I can be rather terrifying when I need to be...but there are some situations in which I just internally disintegrate

Anyway, the Mime sees me and decides to use me for the crowd's enjoyment...he falls in behind me as I quicken my pace to a forced march.....imitating my walk from behind and then beside me, turning his head and staring theatrically into my face....I am make the beast with two backsing dying...a whole squadron of people are watching my humiliation...and laughing at me...I keep going, with a sphincter tight enough to crack walnuts open... eyes locked onto Jeremy's Kiosk over on the wharf....it was now a four 1-quart bucket lunch before I would be sufficiently numb enough to wander back across the road onto South Street.

I stood a safe distance away from the Mime nursing my bucket of beer and indulged my hatred...watching him work the crowd of tourists...and passers-by....oh how they laughed and applauded him with their make the beast with two backsing out-of-town cloddish senses of humor.

I think the half-drunk bile and hatred I was generating caught the attention of the Gods of NYC....they heard my prayer of indignant rage and responded...they smiled upon me that day.....

"Real" New York was on its way to greet the Mime and the tourists...the authentic New York that lives below the surface public relations veneer

"Real" NY took the form of a stocky fellow trundling down South Street at a furious pace. A short dark Italian guy, maybe late-30's, oily hair, sweating, pissed-off face; in a hurry and in an expensive suit that stretched across some scary muscles...this guy was  about five foot-five inches short and heavy-set but you could see that it wasn't fat, his arms were like my thighs and they rippled, his legs were like my torso

This was the Brooklyn equivalent of a Sumo wrestler,,,, in a high-roll collar. His hands were the size of those prosciutto hams hanging in an Italian Deli....and this guy radiated an energy field of menace that set-off and sent out danger signals to anyone even remotely familiar with trouble.

Clearly he was a mob financial consultant, a professional Leg-Breaker on his way over to the Fulton Fish Market to collect on some markers from the fishmongers for his shylock boss. On a mission and already adrenaline-pumped for action. I knew this guy was danger before I could even see his eyes...and you don't sustain eye-contact with this type...they really react poorly to that...they figure you are sizing them...sustained eye contact is a direct challenge and it can provoke a potentially painful confrontation. If he ever showed up at your door asking for you by name you would instinctively know you were very make the beast with two backsed for doing something very wrong to the wrong type of person.

The Street Mime seeing this near-caricature of a Sopranos/Godfather Goon humping down the cobblestones was oblivious to the threat...clueless...all he saw was an opportunity to use this guy to amuse the crowd...much in the same manner as he used me.

So the Mime fell into stride next to the Angel of Vengeance, half-crouching to get to the same stature while imitating the trundle-walk of his muscle-bound victim. The leg-breaker kept his pace and kept his eyes forward while the Mime, walking next to him, craned his head around to look into his victim's face imitating his deadly serious expression.

I saw the prosciutto ham fist come up..... it was lightning quick...a short jab...it hardly seemed to require any movement...a blink and you would have missed it

The Mime stopped walking and suddenly stood upright, dazed...his face then exploded in gushing fountains of blood, squirting from a fully flattened nose......all over his white greasepaint face...

his legs literally became like rubber and he collapsed in such an exaggerated wobbling mime-like manner  the crowd laughed and applauded thinking it was part of the show...

and the make the beast with two backser was moaning in pain on the cobbles, his crushed white face a puddle of bleeding flesh...yes,,moaning...breaking some sworn oath of silence that I am certain Mimes must take

The leg-breaker passing me didn't even break his pace to rid us of the Mime...he glanced at me for a moment to see if I might be an undercover cop or some other form of additional trouble...and in that millisecond of eye contact I said to him "Thank you."

He nodded and said "I hate dose make the beast with two backsers" as he passed me, eyes returning to forward

I replied "So do I"

Already past me, he just said "everyone should"

Well wherever he is..... I want to thank that Leg Breaking Mob Financial Consultant for collecting the marker from that Mime, the debt owed for borrowing people's dignity and paying nothing back to any of the hapless people used as brunts for the amusement of others....

I hope this written remembrance of that act of kindness on behalf of Mime Haters everywhere, repays my debt to him as well.

For surely he was an angel sent by the Gods of NY to strike vengeance for us all

I have an odd assemblage of unsung heros, that guy will always be one of them

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2016, 04:27:25 AM »

You did?  I did?  I mean, under normal circumstances one would expect that I.....  would.

But not when it comes to a good RAT story.

I've not read either of those before (that I remember - which is a huge caveat).  Thanks for pointing out their omission.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2016, 06:54:56 AM »

You did?  I did?  I mean, under normal circumstances one would expect that I.....  would.

But not when it comes to a good RAT story.

I've not read either of those before (that I remember - which is a huge caveat).  Thanks for pointing out their omission.

Actually no, I just noticed those two were missing. I checked-I had asked if you had left "Wrong creatures" out on purpose, which you told me you had.

Having met plenty of people who ended up like this dog, I did enjoy it.

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=38031.0;wap2

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2018, 05:23:11 AM »

Yo pregnant doges, that's all.   Grin

2007 red S4Rs
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2018, 05:58:35 AM »

Long time no hear! 
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2018, 11:26:17 AM »

Long time no hear! 
I know, I have been super busy and the Monster is still running! 

2007 red S4Rs
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2018, 03:31:24 PM »

Wow.  Coming up on five years.

Cry

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »

Sad

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2018, 06:43:39 PM »

Yesterday was five years since we got this awful news.

Don't have any Bushmill's on hand, so I'll drink some Jameson in his memory tonight (I believe he was a fan of that as well.  If not, so be it).

RIP, RAT900.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: