Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 05:21:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mucho Cresting this weekend, June 8 & 9  (Read 14084 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:01 AM »

This is not sounding good, please wish James from my end as well! This is the same James who rides a Kawasaki-Black with few flames and slicks on Crest few times?  Cry

Yes, Sir.  That's him.  The Kawasaki in completely demolished, so he won't be riding that one any more.

I'll pass along your well wishes.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »

I'm glad to hear he is doing much, please pass along that if he does need anything were around as well.  chug

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 08:31:38 AM »

I'm glad to hear he is doing much, please pass along that if he does need anything were around as well.  chug

Will do, Krys.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 10:13:04 AM »

Yes, Sir.  That's him.  The Kawasaki in completely demolished, so he won't be riding that one any more.

I'll pass along your well wishes.

Karl and I rode with him among my last few on Crest before the move...I still remember a blazing ride with James downhill, he would too....I could hear my heart! He is always fun and I enjoyed his company on Sandia track as well...I'm sure he will recover and be on another monster! Thanks, Scott!

Ride forever...
Cloner

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 11:32:25 PM »

One last thought and I'll leave this subject.  I have James' sunglasses in my possession.  One of the lenses is scuffed up pretty badly.  They are Oakley "Half Wire" ( not Half Wire 2.0) models.  I figured I'd be nice and buy him a new set of lenses, but the glasses are old enough that Oakley has discontinued these lenses.

Anybody interested in chipping in for a new set of glasses for James?  The nearest thing I see to what he has is the Oakley Polarized Whisker at $200.  I'll kick in $50.  Any takers?

I found MotoGP Plantiff models in the Oakley Vault for $125 that he'd probably like if we can't get to $200 for the Whiskers.  The Vault is where they sell discontinued models at a discount.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:41:14 PM by Cloner » Logged

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Duck-Stew

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 06:46:57 AM »

I'll chip in.

Anyone else?

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
JJ

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »

Scott, its a sure thing, just let me know and I'll send a check or pay by Paypal. waytogo Thanks!

Ride forever...
Cloner

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 01:26:18 PM »

Tell you guys what....I'm going to go ahead and buy a pair for him and if you want to chip in, just sent me a check or hand me a wad of cash or whatever.  Goal is $200 plus tax or shipping...whichever I have to pay, so if we get there I'll refuse....if we don't I'll eat whatever we're short.

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 04:04:38 PM »

I'm in
Cloner

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 04:35:16 AM »

Got him a pair of Whisker Polarized this weekend.  Total bill was $241 with a soft case and tax.

Karl kindly kicked in a $50 spot.  Thanks, Karl!

I called James this weekend and he wasn't available, but I'll get them to him at the first opportunity.  I'll pass along everyone's well wishes when I see him.  Last I heard he was about to approach his insurance agent to see what he needs to do to get back onto two wheels.  Trooper!

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 08:37:16 AM »

I'm in! When I see you again I'll hand you some cash  waytogo

unless you got a paypal chug

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Cloner

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »

First things first.....

I spoke with James this afternoon and he's back at work.  Turns out he actually broke SIX ribs, a collar bone, a scapula, and had a concussion.   Shocked

Remind me not to crash next time you see me.  That sounds painful!

Thanks to Karl and JJ who each donated $50 to get James a new pair of glasses.  I'll try to get a picture of him wearing them when I meet him later this week for all to see.   waytogo

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
JJ

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »

I spoke with James this afternoon and he's back at work.  Turns out he actually broke SIX ribs, a collar bone, a scapula, and had a concussion.   Shocked

Shocked Huh? Was he riding naked?! Wow, I must be made of cast iron to have flipped off my bike on Crest and walk scratch less or one awful lucky SOB! I feel bad for him, that is a nasty recovery...Thank you so much for doing this Scott!  waytogo

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »

It could have been a lot worse but he was wearing top notch gear including a one piece race suit.
The bike hit the ground hard enough that Scott heard it being in front and I saw it flipping 6 feet in the air coming around the corner.
I was really glad you were wearing a back protector when you had your mishap.
Hope to see you soon Dolph

Cloner

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

Just an update since a couple of more folks have kicked in to the "James' Glasses Fund".

Karl, Joel, and Stuart all donated $50, and Larry donated $20, so that's $170.  That only leaves me out $70, so that suits me fine.  Thanks to all of you who helped out.  I'm sure James will appreciate the thought, especially since he missed a couple of weeks work during his recovery.

You guys are absolutely the best!   drink

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: