Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 12:49:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 MotoGP - Round 1 - Qatar <Spoilers ASAP>  (Read 55373 times)
gm2

« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »

WELL...they last through the shagging that Moto2 does in a similar fashion to how the tire manu's responded to the sliding 990's style of riding...

i'm not saying they have a lack of grip.  all the other tires have great grip, of course.  it's just that the stones are in another universe.

Like this is the racing, no?
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2013, 01:34:52 PM »

I'll say it again --- the 'stones make GP less fun.  Lorenzo couldn't do his thing with other tires.  But Rossi, The Ben, Nicky, and others could do much more of their thing.    Oh, shoulda put Marquez in that list.  That kid loooooooves gettin' sideways. 

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »

Been out of town for a few days and my hard drive crashed before I left. Still not 100% with new one. Did I mention I hate high tech crap? Angry

But I watched the MotoGP race last night on my dvr and I'm getting ready to watch the Moto2 race now. Ahhhh, is it just me but why do you need umbrella girls at a night race? WTF? And what's even more weird is the pole winner in the Moto2 race has an umbrella guy!! bang head Roll Eyes

Still, I LOVE the run down Vale did on the Repsol boys and Cal (even though I really like Crutchlow). Marquez showed some stuff in the big boy class but Rossi put them on the trailer! waytogo Awesome start for the Yammyhammer boys. And I'm glad to see The Ben kept the Duc up on 2 wheels for the whole race. May better things come his way. chug 

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »

Rossi's comments on Marquez sound pretty straightforward, factual and quite complimentary...

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/189646/1/rossi_welkom_04_more_special_marquez_better_than_me.html

... which, given his long history of trying to worm his way inside his rivals' heads, makes me wonder what he's REALLY up to.  Grin

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Raux
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2013, 04:07:10 PM »

easy enough.. he can't get into Lorenzo's head directly so he needs a surrogate
gm2

« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »

Rossi's comments on Marquez sound pretty straightforward, factual and quite complimentary...

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/189646/1/rossi_welkom_04_more_special_marquez_better_than_me.html

... which, given his long history of trying to worm his way inside his rivals' heads, makes me wonder what he's REALLY up to.  Grin
waytogo

kills you with confidence.  laguna 2008; he told the whole world that stoner had already won that race by friday night.

easy enough.. he can't get into Lorenzo's head directly so he needs a surrogate
waytogo

..can't get into it yet.  let's see what happens by the time they get to catalunya.

reminds me, holy shit i can't wait for mugello this year!

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »

I think Rossi knows that the kid already idolizes him. He doesn't need to get into his head, just shower him with compliments and he won't be a target of the eventual hard pass that goes horribly wrong.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »

I think Rossi knows that the kid already idolizes him. He doesn't need to get into his head, just shower him with compliments and he won't be a target of the eventual hard pass that goes horribly wrong.
What are you smoking?

Marquez would put his grandma into the gravel if it won him a position.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Triple J
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2013, 05:31:08 PM »

Marquez would put his grandma into the gravel if it won him a position.

+1

I'm sure MM respects Rossi and the other fast guys...he still thinks he's faster though and wants to prove it.
El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2013, 05:49:40 PM »

waytogo

kills you with confidence.  laguna 2008; he told the whole world that stoner had already won that race by friday night.
 waytogo

..can't get into it yet.  let's see what happens by the time they get to catalunya.

reminds me, holy shit i can't wait for mugello this year!

Remember that time, when Rossi and Lorenzo were in the same team, aaand Rossi put up a wall in the pits... And then crashed bad for the first time in years? and was never the same afterwards?

Yeah. I think Lorenzo is the one that is in Rossi's head.

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2013, 08:46:42 PM »

What are you smoking?

Marquez would put *a* grandma into the gravel if it won him a position.

FIFY.  Grin
I don't think he'd actually run his grandma off, but he might lean on her a little.
 laughingdp

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »

Remember that time, when Rossi and Lorenzo were in the same team, aaand Rossi put up a wall in the pits... And then crashed bad for the first time in years? and was never the same afterwards?

So what are you smoking? I could give you this argument right before this past race, before Rossi was still debating if he still had it. That second place comeback probably provided what Lorenzo fears the most, a confident Rossi. It was easy to play mind games after coming off the Duc, but now Rossi knows he's still not done. Lorenzo will still win a ton of races, but now he has to be worried about the 2 Repsols AND his own teammate. I think the wall will come back up this year, but at someone else's request.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
gm2

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »

right after he won championships 8 and 9?  and never the same.. except for last weekend? 

lorenzo couldn't get in rossi's head with an axe and a flashlight.  he may be forrest gump on a bike but he's no mental tactician.

gm2

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »

FIFY.  Grin
I don't think he'd actually run his grandma off, but he might lean on her a little.
 laughingdp

laughingdp

Jester

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 06:29:35 AM »

I seem to recall Rossi giving Jorge the business at Motegi that same year after returning from the snapped leg, as well as whipping him in Sepang.  The old man may be creeping towards the end of his career, but Jorge definately isn't "in his head."  Jorge is the fastest rider on the track now, but I wouldn't say he's in anyone's head.  Even Pedro managed to beat him heads up last year and Pedro can't beat a parking space in a head to head.

If you bump Lorenzo, he cries like a small child about rough racing.  I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 

All this being said, I'm sure Lorenzo will win the championship, but he's still an unlikable douchenozzle in my book.

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: