Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 10:05:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Privateer's adventures  (Read 59826 times)
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2017, 07:01:12 AM »

and I saw this at the local dealer's open house later that day

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
GK

« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2017, 12:13:16 PM »

Glad the issues are sorted and you've been able to get in a few rides! đŸ‘đŸ»đŸ‘đŸ»

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Privateer

« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2017, 10:20:02 AM »

http://twoslow.com/2017/10/confidence-matters/

Confidence is the fulcrum that turns a sketchy situation to a great, enjoyable one.  I'm not speaking about having confidence in ourselves, but having confidence in our equipment.  It's why we do shakedown rides before bike trips.  It's why we do preventive maintenance, or have a mechanic do a 'once over' on our bikes. 

Confidence in our equipment - hitting the starter and it starts; knowing our battery is going to charge; knowing our bike is going to run correctly - lets us forget our gear and focus on the experience, our friends, and the memories we create.  Lacking confidence in our bike turns any trip, long or short, into an exercise of walking on eggs shells of constant doubt.

Privateer

« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2017, 10:04:55 AM »

SoCal is pretty deep into Autumn now so the mornings are chilly, the days are warm, and the evenings are chilly again.  The weather was great, clear with a little chill in the air-enough to keep it too hot.  I’d taken Robert up to Crystal Lake, jeez, a year ago, but he hadn’t seen GMR so we took it easy and just cruised to the top.  Then down the back side, through Azusa then off to East Fork Supply for their coffee and donuts, courtesy of Black Top Society.

http://twoslow.com/2017/11/gmr-donuts-cold-brew/

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2017, 10:39:47 AM »

Lightning TT/Catalina?

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Privateer

« Reply #215 on: December 27, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »

I'm a little behind, but I went riding on Black Friday:

http://twoslow.com/2017/11/black-friday-2017/

Black Friday.  Ugh.  One of the days a year we only hear about the worst of our humanity.  I make it habit to go riding on this day to get away from the TV and insanity.  Jon and I haven’t gone on a ride in a long time, and I hadn’t seen him and Adell since their wedding so I really wanted to connect and catch up with them.  They’d never been to Pappy and Harriet’s, so I decided I’d take them for lunch to check it out.

Hard to see but that sign says 7,000 feet.

Privateer

« Reply #216 on: December 28, 2017, 08:31:06 AM »

nameservers are fickle.  changed hosts.  updated nameservers.  worked great yesterday, suddenly now pointing at the old host.

Privateer

« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »

http://twoslow.com/2018/01/womens-motorcycle-show-3/

i went to the motolady show.

Privateer

« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2018, 07:08:52 AM »

had a company holiday so I was able to get a day of riding.  took wayyyy too many pictures.

http://twoslow.com/2018/03/good-friday-2018-ach/

Privateer

« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2018, 04:40:30 PM »

it was kind of an adventure -

It was a day like any other, until it wasn’t.  The days blend into one another and become indistinguishable from each other over the long term.  “What’d you do Monday?”  “Went to work, came home, did some chores, went to sleep.”  Right?  I could exchange ‘Monday’ for any other day and the short version of the day would be exactly the same.  Well, I had a day like any other, until it wasn’t.  A day like any other until I found myself face down on the grooved pavement, #1 lane of a state highway, with kind strangers rushing to make sure I was OK.

http://twoslow.com/2018/08/a-day-like-any-other/

DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #220 on: August 20, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »

good writing Im right there holding onto the handle bars; my knee and head hurts after reading that; glad to hear your fine; sucks about bike, expenses etc

Can totally relate, did a high-side when I was 12 on a suzi ts 75; on a dusting of snow-ey oiled dirt road while goosing the throttle around a long corner; getting nervier until I saw the sun melted the snow and gto full traction; I could see it coming so started to compensate; bike went straight up but not over; wobbling, rode it over the embankment trying to control a bucking bronco  that was trying to throw its rider; on impact chin hit the bars; ribs hit tank; bike ended up pinning one foot to the boulders I was 40 ft down ... no one was around; I dragged that bike over the boulders with cracked ribs, sore foot; idled back to the cabin; bars a little bent ... hurt to breath deeply; limped a little... in retrospect I should-a jumped off ...didn't realize I did a half high side msybe tank slapper; until I was telling an experienced rider about that years later ...  Evil

.... all the world is yours.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #221 on: August 20, 2018, 09:24:06 PM »

Sorry to hear. 
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2018, 02:53:17 AM »

Glad you're ok. I've also experienced the single digit mph high side.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Privateer

« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2018, 03:00:27 PM »

Jeez, it's been a long time since I rode and wrote about it.

http://twoslow.com/2018/11/post-thanksgiving-azusa/

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2018, 03:43:36 PM »

waytogo

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: