Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:05:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Ride 2013  (Read 6049 times)
WarrenJ

« on: March 30, 2013, 10:46:50 AM »

It was nice yesterday, so I thought I would take the cover off the bike - then I thought, "I wondier if it will start?" and it did, so a quick call to the insurance agency to reactivate the policy, some air in the tires and a nice 40 mile spin to start getting the rust off the riding skills.  Good start to the season.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
scduc

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »

OMG. There are still monsters in Wisconsin. We do not represent very well. My first ride might not be for as month. Many dollars of service required.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
Doe-Foe

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 11:31:53 AM »

I'm ready for another summer of Monster riding in WI, but the weather isn't here yet for my standards.
WarrenJ

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »

My bike needs more work than I can afford right now too.  Just couldn't help taking it out for a spin the one comparatively warm day we had.  We had 2" of snow on the ground this morning.

WarrenJ

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 08:11:01 AM »

With the nice weather the last couple of days, hopefully the rest of you got some riding in.  Just got back from an 80 mile spin this morning.  Its nice to ride without getting my visor plastered full of mosquitoes yet.

Doe-Foe

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »

My S4Rs started last Friday on the first try. Did about 10 miles around the area which felt nice. The weekend was too busy to do more. Hopefully all the rain in the forecast is wrong.
scduc

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »

Just finished the sprocket swap. Went with 15/43. Was at 14/41. Hope I don't notice much change. Any luck, and I'll be taking her for a short spin Sunday.

WarrenJ

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 12:25:35 PM »

I've been kayak fishing all weekend and going again tonight.  Should be riding too but there are only so many hours in a day.  Got into the catfish last night, hopefully they are still snapping tonight.  My buddy from PA should be here in a couple weeks with his Norton Commando so I'll do some zipping around then.

Doe-Foe

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »

Been busy with lake fishing and rebuilding an old pontoon boat here.
It was 45 degrees this morning so I rode my wife's Honda Reflex to work, the fairing on it lowers the temperature I'll tolerate for a 13 mile commute. It's 70-75 mpg ain't bad either.
scduc

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 06:23:25 PM »

Been out twice this past week. Commuting back and forth to work. Nice rides. Taking it in to Ducati Mil. To have tank checked for warranty. Can't even use the latch it is so swollen. Wish they had more trained techs, seems like the little stuff takes forever. Typical hurry up and wait.

WarrenJ

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 11:34:37 AM »

Glad you are getting out.  I fell and dorked up my hand a couple weeks ago and its just getting to the point where it feels good enough to ride.  Been doing a pile of kayak fishing - right now its cheaper and unfortunately that is currently important.  My buddy from PA should be in around Memorial day so I'll get some riding in then.  Probably go to Road America for the Superbike races and the following weekend for the Vintage bikes.  Anyone else going?

Doe-Foe

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 07:40:39 PM »

Only a short ride to town today on my wife's Reflex again for necessary hardware on the pontoon boat. I plan to be at Superbike on Saturday unless the weather sucks all day long. Got my Subway "free" ticket in the mail already. WarrenJ I'll send you a PM soon to see if we'll be there at the same time...not likely I'll ride the monster in though. I hope to see some part of the Vintage bikes too.
WarrenJ

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »

I'm thinking Saturday for the Superbike too.  I will probably drive down in the jeep for that and perhaps bring the Monster down for the Vintage show.  My buddy likes to ride his Norton down that for the attention.  Let me know when you will be there and we'll figure out were to meet.

Doe-Foe

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 04:46:43 PM »

Patchy frost forecast for tonight.... boo
WarrenJ

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »

Just got my Subway ticket too.  Should be fun.  Might get out for a short ride tonight unless the traffic starts getting silly.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: