Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 03:24:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allow myself to introduce....myself  (Read 2646 times)
hankthe8th

2007 S4R(T)

« on: March 11, 2013, 11:30:38 AM »

Hey guys,

Remember when I was talking about moving to Colorado? No? I do.

So, I've been a bad friend. I've actually been in CO for two years now, albeit, up at Beaver Creek ski bumming. One year as a lifty, and one year as ski patrol. But I'm officially a Denver resident now. Girlfriend and I have settled into a rental in the Montclair neighborhood. Just wanted to re-introduce myself. Hi, my name is Jon. My monster is still in California, unfortunately. But I will be driving back this summer to pick her up, and then go on a few rides with you guys/gals.

Also, if anyone has some tips on how to deal with stripped threaded holes, let me know. I picked up a '75 Trail 90, rebuilt the carb/cleaned it up, found out two of the holes are stripped. I'm mechanically not smart, all I can do is take things apart and put them back together. So if anyone has any tips or can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome.

Look forward to meeting you!

Jon

Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »

Hey Jon!

I'm sure there are some resourceful folks who can help you with the stripped threads.  I could have in my former life, but I've forgotten how to do that (nor do I have the tools to do that) in the last 15 years that I've been a corporate hack.

Do I recall that you're into cycling as well?

There is a group that gathers regularly on Thursdays and can be found here: http://www.denvereurotrash.com/  Some are active here, most are not, but in any case, get on their e-mail list for ride & meetup info.

Stella & I are in Park Hill, so if you're looking for a couple good spots in the area, let us know.

- Randimus

hankthe8th

2007 S4R(T)

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:24:56 AM »

Thanks Randimus. Not much into cycling, just a mountain bike with some fat road tires on it.

I'll have to join you guys one of these days on your eurotrash meetups. If you're in Park Hill, you're right across Colfax from me. Let me know if there is anything on East Colfax that I need to try: food, beer, whatever.
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »

Let me know if there is anything on East Colfax that I need to try: food, beer, whatever.

Hookers? Blow?  Grin

Just kidding.  10 years ago, that was pretty much the norm there.

We'll put a list of cool spots together.  Stay tuned.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: