Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 06:53:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: DucatiDiag  (Read 115256 times)
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2013, 08:52:31 AM »

Either that or he got fed up with people selling the "package" on ebay.  He seemed a little torqued about that a couple of times.

xsephirot

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

Nooo. I was going to make this my winter project this year. Great now I'll have to shell out more money...
ThilinaK

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2013, 06:59:51 AM »

HELLO GUYS!  I am in Srilanka &  there are only 10-15 ducati  bikes for whole country . I have DUCATI MONSTER400ie &   i need big help from you all.

there is a problem of supplying  riding over 60c temperature. in high rpms it is ok.  i want to know is there a possibility to Reset  TPS  of my DUCATI MONSTER400ie with  DucatiDiag. similler to this articale waytogo. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVISE

Thilina Karunachandra
Mr.Purple

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2013, 08:20:48 AM »

What kind of ECU do you have?
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »

HELLO GUYS!  I am in Srilanka &  there are only 10-15 ducati  bikes for whole country . I have DUCATI MONSTER400ie &   i need big help from you all.

there is a problem of supplying  riding over 60c temperature. in high rpms it is ok.  i want to know is there a possibility to Reset  TPS  of my DUCATI MONSTER400ie with  DucatiDiag. similler to this articale waytogo. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVISE

Thilina Karunachandra

Thilina, in response to your email. DucatiDiag is no longer available, thus it would not be able to help you out. That is why none of the links in the original write up work, as the forum has been closed. Try posting your question in the "tech" section of the forum, you will get more advice over there.

ThilinaK

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2013, 08:57:54 AM »

JohnEE,

thank you for your fast reply, waytogo  If there is a soft copy of the software it will be ok.  I  head one of my friend has the software. he has downloaded earlier. I will find it however. But i need to know the possibility of using DUCATI DIAG to TPS reset of Monster 400ie (EFI). is it similer to this article. please advice. other wise i will be very unlucky guy, without my monster. there are  not any dyno machines or tuning places in srilanka for DUCATI bikes bang head & other big bikes

thanks lot again. applause
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2013, 06:08:49 PM »

JohnEE,

thank you for your fast reply, waytogo  If there is a soft copy of the software it will be ok.  I  head one of my friend has the software. he has downloaded earlier. I will find it however. But i need to know the possibility of using DUCATI DIAG to TPS reset of Monster 400ie (EFI). is it similer to this article. please advice. other wise i will be very unlucky guy, without my monster. there are  not any dyno machines or tuning places in srilanka for DUCATI bikes bang head & other big bikes

thanks lot again. applause

The problem with that is, using some one else's copy of DucatiDiag is that you need a unique License to work with each ECU. So your firiend's copy will not work with your bike.

ThilinaK

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2013, 07:06:49 AM »

Jhone EE,

I want to rest TPS only. no need to do more than that stage. so according to your article that can be done without the license. So  I need to know the compatibility of this DUCATI DIAG Software with ECM of my Monster 400ie (EFI). Please advice or guide me to some other way.

BEST REGARDS, Thilina Karunachandra.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2013, 07:12:26 AM »

Jhone EE,

I want to rest TPS only. no need to do more than that stage. so according to your article that can be done without the license. So  I need to know the compatibility of this DUCATI DIAG Software with ECM of my Monster 400ie (EFI). Please advice or guide me to some other way.

BEST REGARDS, Thilina Karunachandra.

The problem with that is, using some one else's copy of DucatiDiag is that you need a unique License to work with each ECU. So your firiend's copy will not work with your bike.

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »

To make it even clearer.....
DucatiDiag is tied to the serial number of the ECU. Even if you both have 400's, it still wouldn't work. DucatiDiag will not work what so ever. For instance if i bought an S2R 1000, i can't use my copy of ducatidiag because the serial number of the ECU would be differnt, even though the ECUs are the same model. Post in tech like i said in my first response.

JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »

Ducat  errr MMDiag is back  Grin Grin No Writer yet though......twas the best part IMO
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:41:29 AM by JohnEE » Logged

ThilinaK

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2013, 04:59:28 PM »

Mr. Jhon,

What is back , I found other way also. my bike has non adjustable TPS. it can be rest with help of multimeter. still i didet tune it , because i exactly dont know wher to blug multimeter in TPS.
ThilinaK

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2013, 05:12:34 PM »

yes Jhonee,

there is anew link. I downloaded .   . thanks . thanks . thanks . thanks . thanks . thanks . thanks

it will work.

ThilinaK

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »

Dear Mr.JohnEE  & all

I am going to tune my Ducati monster 400ie in coming week end with my garage friend. These steps should follow according to workshop manual.

According to manual Tuning Procedure  is like this ( Page 111)
Monster 400 models are equipped with a linear-type non-adjustable throttle position sensor fitted to the throttle body; proceed as follows:

1.   zero setting the throttle position sensor;
2.   balancing the air flows
3.   setting the CO rate.

this is my tps

Now  i can use  "JPdiag " or  there is a way to rest TPS using multimeter. 

Disconnect  the throttle position sensor  from the motorcycle wiring Connect cable  to connect the throttle position sensor to multimeter Then the multimeterreads the voltage output from the sensor. 

With the MASTER throttle completely closed, the reference value is 150 mV±15.

In case a different value is read, loosen the 2 screws  retaining the throttle position sensor, keep the MASTER throttle closed and turn the throttle position sensor until you obtain the required reading. Tighten the throttle position sensor screws  making sure that the correct reading is retained. Disconnect the multimeter from the TPS and reconnect the vehicle wiring harness.  Please advise me to do this with multimeter.  OR other way

I am afriad to connect  JP diag to ECU because there is note like this

"Try it at you own risk. No hardware issold here. A bad hardware may destroy yourecu,be warned"

also I dont know can I reset  400 ie TPS with this jp diag software.  I read artical writen by you. 

Please advice me to do this

Best regards

Thilina K

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2013, 07:59:29 AM »

try reading this,

http://www.bikeboy.org/ducati2vthrottleb.html

NO electronic software is going to "set" the TPS, it will "RESET" the current position as "0°" . . .

If you DO NOT UNDERSTAND, THEN POST IN THE TECH THREAD AND ASK FOR HELP . . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: