Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 05:10:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Long Have You Been Riding? Keep the posts coming!  (Read 26909 times)
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2009, 07:47:47 PM »

I started riding around Sept 1979.First bike I rode was a Malagutti Cavalcone........a very long time ago.
I have had several bikes, about 18 or 19 bikes from BSA Gold Stars to Triumph Daytonas,  a 1938 Royal Enfield to a Ducati s2r.

Don't suppose you have any pictures of that Royal Enfield? Grin

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2009, 02:02:24 AM »

no, sorry I dont.
It was an old Model G, I rode that thing for years.
It is now living at a castle in Scotland.
It moved there about 5 years ago from London after my brother finally said if you don't get rid of it, I will!
I sold it to my friend who in turn gave it to his father for a retirement gift.
His father owned one in the 1950's.
In a way its still in the family...........well at least I know its being looked after. waytogo

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
Qwack

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2009, 08:55:42 PM »

Started riding when I was 10 back in 1977...boy I'm getting old.  1st bike was a yamaha 80. My cousins had gotten dirt bikes so my mom and her BF (now my Step dad) took my brother and now step brother to get bikes I of course sat myself down on the yamaha 80, mom wasn't too sure about her little girl riding a motorcycle.  The salesman took all three of us out back to show us basics of the bikes and let my mom see all of us riding...I took off rode circles around the boys...the salesman told my mother I'm not sure about your boys, but your daughter will be just fine  cheeky

A few years later sold my 80 and bought my brother yamaha 125 enduro that he never rode.  When I was 16 I went and got my permit, got the neighbor who also rode signed up to ride on the street with me, and got the insurance papers for the enduro...My mom freaked out and said the dirt is one thing but you are not riding on the street.  She was afraid I'd get run over by a car.  So, my motorcycle riding ended at 16....well, rather suspended.

Got the bug to ride again in 1999...took MSF course got my license didn't even tell my mother for a year  cheeky What happens next I get into Track riding with friends, and in 2003 I met my now Husband at a track day event....and I told my mother if she had never let me get the yamaha 80 all those years ago I would have never met the love of my life  Grin  funny how life works out  [moto]

TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2009, 12:53:57 AM »

<snip>

Got the bug to ride again in 1999...took MSF course got my license didn't even tell my mother for a year  cheeky What happens next I get into Track riding with friends, and in 2003 I met my now Husband at a track day event....and I told my mother if she had never let me get the yamaha 80 all those years ago I would have never met the love of my life  Grin  funny how life works out  [moto]

that is soooo awesome  waytogo  Smiley
hoyden

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2010, 03:30:51 PM »

I was at the annual NYD ride the other day, and a guy asked me how long I'd had my motorcycle license.

I had to think about it, and then realized that it's been 22 years (to my dismay - I suddenly felt old. heh).
Got my "M" class at age 16 and never looked back.
 Grin

"All my life my heart has sought a thing I cannot name."
- HST
sidecarzang

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »

I began riding in 1975/76 - the first time being on a CB350 Honda - riding is something I've always wanted to do, and always loved the sound of motorcycle pipes!!  I've ridden most makes in all sizes (I'm lucky....we're in the business), but I was always looking for something else it seemed until I disovered Ducatis.   My first one one was a 600 Dark.....but I quickly realised I needed something more and along came a 750SS engine - in it went and along with it, a new custom paint job.  Now I thought that "this is it".....then along came an opportunity to buy a real fine Monster 900ie.....I quickly sold the 750 and brought home the 900 last week.  Too bad it's -15C outside and a foot of snow on the ground Roll Eyes 
Until next time!!!
Christine coffee
mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2010, 05:41:10 AM »

I have only been riding for about three months total now  Shocked . My husband purchased the Ducati Monster in the Med. Blue (love that I have a blue Ducati  Cheesy ) for me as well as the MSF class as a surprise anniversary gift this past July. I have been trying to get out on her as much as possible before the weather turns. Love the Monster, great beginner bike I think. Perfect fit for me  waytogo I am hoping to get comfortable enough to go out on the freeway more and the twists  [moto] !!!! I actually just went on my very first girl group ride which was a blast  applause. Looking forward to meeting up with more women riders in the Bay Area and going on some more rides.   Wink

You know blue is the fastest color, right? Smiley This picture PROVES IT!

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
ducatigirl100
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2011, 11:21:22 AM »

I've started out ridding 4 years ago when I saw one of my college's ride a Yamaha R6 ..... she's 5'2 110 pounds....If she can do it I can to... waytogo

Actually my desire to ride dates back to when I was 5 years old... Grin   When I was 5, a friend of one of my uncles park is motorcycle in the driveway.... I was so impress by the heigh of the thing and really wondered how could somebody go up there and drive this Ting! Dolph

I remember touching it whit my Right hand....so impressive ( so I remember exactly the first time I touch a bike...cool) I still can see it like a movie in my head.... Grin

So that was it, always wanted to ride....

I probably have a hundred drawing of motorcycle!!!  it's was the only this I would draw when I was young Grin!!!

In my teens I wanted a scooter..... but while being in a parking lot whit my father...while I was pointing at a scooter "I want one like that!!"  the guy had an accident Right in front of us!!! bang head he was OK, but SO long my dream of having a scooter!!

after that,  at the start of my 20 ies i was into school so no money ...at 25 I started dating a guy ( for 5 years )
 ....so I've got served the " a bike is to dangerous it's not for girls!!" bang head

after 5 years I trow the guy out!!   As a first decision a took my bike classes. Whats funny the instructor when he first saw me ride he asked how many years I've been riding motocross...lol and it was the first time in my life that I got onto a bike ..lol .... You sould seen is face... Shocked I've bought a CBR 125....after 2 weeks I was kneedown ...lol

the rest is history... Smiley
Bonwilder

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »

I started riding 3 years ago after moving to Texas.  My (now-ex) husband wanted to buy the sport classic with no rear seat.  I encouraged him stating I would never ride on the back again (the decision made several years before after a backseat ride on GSXR1000)....I went to Eurosport the next week and found an 01 m600 dark on the lot, dent in the tank, good price....I was OK with the dent because I figured I might lay it down since I had never ridden before.  Since then I have ridden many different bikes and unfortunately totalled my very favorate one on the track- PSLE1000.  Currently I predominately ride track and only to breakfast now and then on the street.   waytogo Dolph

05 S4r, 06 Sport Classic, 06 Back in Black Sport Classic, 06 Paul Smart, 08 848 track, 05 749r track, 12 1199 tricolore
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: