Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 05:35:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Long Have You Been Riding? Keep the posts coming!  (Read 26718 times)
Shortie
Do not underestimate the power of stupid.

No longer hangin_biposto! :D

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 11:28:21 AM »

I'm jealous!! I wish I had been given that opportunity when I was a teenager!  waytogo

Street - 1991 GSF 400 Bandit
Dirt - 1972 Chaparral ST80

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

Such terrible things come out of them  Lips Sealed

www.pbase.com/mcharest
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 07:34:45 PM »

To further women on wheels, i'm signing up my 13 year old daughter for dirt bike school next month (cross my fingers)...I want her to learn on the dirt first, like I did.  It's a secret, though...don't tell!!    Lips Sealed   I'm doing it as part of a vacation.  If it's not too expensive, i'll do it with her, too.  Looks way fun!  [moto]

Wow, you are an awesome mom! chug

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 02:36:08 AM »

I played phone tag with the guy yesterday about the school.  I am sure hoping it works out.  But I only thing that is going to come of it?? She's going to want a dirt bike.  [moto]  Which isn't a bad thing - but i've got to find a place for her to ride, and put a hitch on my car, and get a bike.....LOL

Roll Eyes Open the wallet mom!

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 02:55:23 AM »

Wow, you are an awesome mom! chug

agreed  waytogo
Shortie

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 04:55:39 AM »

I played phone tag with the guy yesterday about the school.  I am sure hoping it works out.  But I only thing that is going to come of it?? She's going to want a dirt bike.  [moto]  Which isn't a bad thing - but i've got to find a place for her to ride, and put a hitch on my car, and get a bike.....LOL

Roll Eyes Open the wallet mom!

A friend of ours was given a dirtbike by his dad when he was a kid.

Then his dad told him "Well, now the bike needs gas son."

He worked around the house to earn his gas money so he could actually ride the thing. Wink

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

www.pbase.com/mcharest
mcgalinmd

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 07:00:42 PM »

Got in touch with the guy today; no classes the week/weekend we are there, but will do a class for me and the kid or me, the kid and the hubby for $600.  Shocked  Heck, for another $200 or so I can buy a used dirt bike and teach her myself (MSF instructor).  I think that might be the better route, although there is a TON of merit for having a close family member learn from someone else.  It sinks in better IMHO.

So now i'm looking for a dirt bike, mid 90's, 80-100CC's, about $800 or so.  Know any in the mid atlantic??   Grin

Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 08:14:29 AM »

So now i'm looking for a dirt bike, mid 90's, 80-100CC's, about $800 or so.  Know any in the mid atlantic??   Grin

If you're a MAD member, I'd post the question there, too.  A lot of people use these for pit bikes.  There might be someone who is looking to unload.  You can also post on Cycleforums in the DC area section.  There are several people on there who have garages full of bikes of every kind (a ton of project bikes in there... don't think they're buying bikes on the MAD-scale).

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
mcgalinmd

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 02:33:52 PM »

yep, MAD member I am (as of 2 weeks ago) i'll post there and see what I  come up with.  It's all but decided i'm just buying a bike; Mountaineer Raceway just put in a pit/beginner track, so I can take her there for beginner stuff and build up.  I'm only about 30 minutes from the track. 

Do you think my kid is going to love me???

[d] cheeky

Shortie

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 06:53:40 AM »

Do you think my kid is going to love me???

[d] cheeky

I know I would!

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

www.pbase.com/mcharest
mcgalinmd

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 02:06:14 PM »

Looks like it's going to be a 2000 Yamaha TTR125.  What makes this a good bike is that we can both ride it.  (cue the mommy cheering section  Grin) I've made an offer to the fellow, let's see if he'll bite.

If not, a possible other is an older 1990 Kawasaki.  But it's a 2 stroke, some tracks don't allow them now from what I understand.  Now i'm shopping for gear, lots of gear!!  waytogo

mcgalinmd

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 04:26:58 AM »

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=7198.msg116904#new

go vote and pick a bike for my kid!! 

ridelikeagirl

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 12:29:13 PM »

I'm new here and I had to count...It's been 11 years and counting! Wow...time flies!

My brother took me on my first motorcycle ride when I was 3 or 4 and I loved it!  (He's the best big brother ever!)  I hung out with guys that rode in high school but was too chicken to ride myself.  Fortunately I got over that about 10 years later.  My first bike was a Honda Huricaine 600.  Not very pretty when I bought it but a great bike to learn on.  After a lot of work she was a beauty but I traded her in for a Honda Superhawk while touring to Idaho (but that's another story all together).  Now I have a Monster m900 and my newest addition to the fleet (my insurance agent referred the 4 bikes in our household as the "fleet") is a Cagiva Gran Canyon (has a Ducati 900 motor). 

I ride just about every day and love it, love it, love it!  I'm really looking forward to getting to know you ladies and fellow riders.    Have a great day and just ride!
whidbeymonster

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 02:54:20 PM »

i always wanted to ride but my family never approved so i had to wait until i was out of college and bought a ninja 250 when i started dating my boyfriend who had been riding for a long time. 6 years later i upgraded the boyfriend to husband and the 250 to a 695, and have a 1 1/2 year old daughter who we can't wait to get on a 50cc.
Tara
mcgalinmd

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »

Update: Just found a 2002 Yamaha TTR 125 70 miles closer to my house, in awesome condition, for only $75 dollars more!

The 2000 bike would need new grips and levers (must do fix), which by the time I buy the parts and install, i'm in it for about $50 in parts, $25 in time.  That's $75 alone, and the gas savings I have not having to drive 80 miles down and 80 miles back (at .58.5 cents a mile federal rate)...that's another $75 savings give or take.

It's looking more and more like the 2002 TTR!  Going to call the guy with the 2000 and say thanks but no thanks.  It's the 2002 yamaha or the 2000 Honda.

More to come....(cue the "and the world turns music")   cheeky

Foxtrotter

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 06:25:17 PM »

Didn't want some poor soul to be the only one on the "6 months or less" list.   laughingdp  Started the beginning of June, instantly developed an addiction  laughingdp, did 1k+ on a GZ 250, took the MSF and got blessings from both the instructors and my long-time riding hubby for the 696.  I am loving it and try to be super supportive and encouraging to any woman who shows interest in learning how to ride, as I find it to be both liberating and empowering.   Grin

Our Stable--two wheels and four legs, happily sharing the barn:
'08 1100 S HyperMotard, '09 Monster 696, '08 Kawi Versys, '07 Suzuki GZ 250,
Four Missouri Foxtrotters
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: