Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 03:28:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its 60 and sunny.  (Read 9989 times)
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 06:00:08 AM »

This thread was started a little over a week ago......New England in a nutshell. Stay Safe out there!

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »

supposed to be in the low 40's by Tuesday..

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »

The rain on monday is going to make a huge mess out of the +2ft of snow we just got....

freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 06:06:11 AM »

...yup.

Stupid new england.  bang head

2011 Monster 796 ABS

CW/evotech tail tidy, lightwereks integrated tail light, CRG Arrow bar end mirrors, Duc.ee solenoid eliminator & 696 midpipe, sans charcoal canister, pileon grab bars, Arrow Dark slipons (sans dB killers), Rizoma Zero11's, Rizoma Lux grips, Rizoma rearsets, Rizoma gas cap, 1098R Ohlins forks, IMA Triples, Galfer wave rotors, Brembo radial masters, Rizoma reservoirs, Ohlins DU737, Rizoma bars, 15t AFAM front and 41t supersprox rear sprocket with EK MVXC chain.
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 07:04:56 PM »

supposed to be in the low 40's by Tuesday..

Correction, it was in the mid 40's today [47 actually]

freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 05:35:18 AM »

Correction, it was in the mid 40's today [47 actually]

I didnt look at the dial, but it sure didnt feel too bad when I had the garage door open yesterday...tolerable in a t-shirt at least for a few minutes.  Of course I just looked out the office window and its snowing again.  It will probably change over to rain right around quitting time.

2011 Monster 796 ABS

CW/evotech tail tidy, lightwereks integrated tail light, CRG Arrow bar end mirrors, Duc.ee solenoid eliminator & 696 midpipe, sans charcoal canister, pileon grab bars, Arrow Dark slipons (sans dB killers), Rizoma Zero11's, Rizoma Lux grips, Rizoma rearsets, Rizoma gas cap, 1098R Ohlins forks, IMA Triples, Galfer wave rotors, Brembo radial masters, Rizoma reservoirs, Ohlins DU737, Rizoma bars, 15t AFAM front and 41t supersprox rear sprocket with EK MVXC chain.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:33 AM »

How's 60 and sunny treating you now? Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »

2" of snow this morning. then rain all afternoon.

supposed to be sunny and "warm" again tomorrow ahead of the next possible storm...."Orko"

freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 04:49:06 AM »

How's 60 and sunny treating you now? Grin

Better than the girl that burried her Saab in the snow bank in front of my house last night. 

Quick quiz.
When your driving in a wintery mess and start to slide when you hit the brakes, do you:

a) Push the brakes harder.
b) Cut the wheel.
c) Scream bloody murder.
d) All of the above.
e) None of the above.

If you chose anything other than e, you should probably just stay home in the winter.

2011 Monster 796 ABS

JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 04:54:16 AM »

Shouldn't have even touched the brakes in the first place. Power slide it! When i was out on Saturday afternoon i saw soo many FWD cars just having an awful time, just stay home FWD people for our safety and yours.

freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 05:41:38 AM »

With the Blizzak WS70s and traction control on my GTI, it almost does better in the snow than my CJ-7 with 31" mud terrains.  (though clearance is an issue in the deep stuff...)

2011 Monster 796 ABS

Scooter Montgomery

Milford, NH

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 07:42:48 AM »

Snow tires make all the difference. I feel more comfortable driving my Jetta with studded snows in 6" of snow than my Jeep with 31" Duratrac Mud and Snow tires. All seasons are neither excellent in summer or winter.

2003 620 Half Dark/ Half Silver 35,000 happy miles
freeclimbmtb
From Zero Member to

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:58 AM »

Snow tires make all the difference. I feel more comfortable driving my Jetta with studded snows in 6" of snow than my Jeep with 31" Duratrac Mud and Snow tires. All seasons are neither excellent in summer or winter.

I agree 100%

Ive had all seasons on all our cars growing up...unimpressive year round.

When I got the GTI, I wanted a smaller wheel for the winter so I didnt have to worry about hitting something hidden in the snow with one of the 18's...ended up with aluminum 16's with snows...couldnt be happier with the decision.  (now i just need to get my foot out of the carpet so i get more than one season off of them.  Evil)

2011 Monster 796 ABS

JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 06:41:43 AM »

Its going to in the 60s this week.......but raining.....at least it will wash most of the salt/sand away.

Scooter Montgomery

Milford, NH

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »

I did 90 miles yesterday. Unfortunately it was just back and forth to work on Route 3, but it still counts.

2003 620 Half Dark/ Half Silver 35,000 happy miles
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: