Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 08:29:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are monsters harder than speed bikes when it comes to putting ur knee down?  (Read 17348 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »

from what i understand, the honed track riders and pros are never trying for a knee. they are trying to get around and upright as fast as possible. Shouldnt that be your goal as well? So big whoop, you get your knee down, did you get smoked in the process?
+1
Knee down is a feeler gauge and by product of lean angle and body position. Work on the things the track instructors sre saying and it will happen by itself. Good luck.

2015 Scrambler 800
wiggsmeister

can't not ride

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 03:31:31 AM »

+1
Knee down is a feeler gauge and by product of lean angle and body position. Work on the things the track instructors sre saying and it will happen by itself. Good luck.

+1

I just got my first 1 piece. second ride in it today, getting used to getting my knees out instead of being tucked. I was in a nice long smooth sweeper on Angeles Crest Highway in LA today and got my knee down for the first time. I wasn't thinking about it. I just had it out and was focused on the turn, body position, looking through the turn, and "crrrssshhhhtt" knee down!

On public roads, yes, tisk tisk, but traffic in that area after a turn off is non existent besides other rides (times 10 on non-weekends).

Don't TRY to get your knee down. hang of the bike, stick ur leg out, focus on the turn, and it'll happen.

2011 m696
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 07:08:35 AM »

Having ridden with quite a few CHP's I can offer up one more reason not to hang off the bike on the streets; Tickets!

When a cop sees you coming around a corner hanging off the bike trying to drag a knee (regardless of speed) he thinks "There is a squid I need to get off the road" and on go the lights.
When he sees a rider in full fear coming around a corner sitting on the bike (regardless of speed if wearing gear) he thinks "He was a bit quick but at least he is riding smart and solid" and off he goes to pursue lunch or a doughnut.

There is a huge difference between riding on a track and a quick street pace. 

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »

Having ridden with quite a few CHP's I can offer up one more reason not to hang off the bike on the streets; Tickets!

When a cop sees you coming around a corner hanging off the bike trying to drag a knee (regardless of speed) he thinks "There is a squid I need to get off the road" and on go the lights.
When he sees a rider in full fear coming around a corner sitting on the bike (regardless of speed if wearing gear) he thinks "He was a bit quick but at least he is riding smart and solid" and off he goes to pursue lunch or a doughnut.

There is a huge difference between riding on a track and a quick street pace. 
+1 on this.

I pulled a hooligan pass the other day (months ago) in a full hi-viz suit, two-up, with the pillion in gear also... right in front of a LEO with jurisdiction...

all I got for my trouble was my license plate through the computer (on the move) and a bit of a startlement when he charged up beside me to give the "slow down now!" gesture.  Then he moved on (he probably didn't have radar on me, but it was a hooligan move).

On my only moto ticket, I got downgraded at the scene to the AZ "speed tax in protest of the double nickel" because I wear gear (from 20+over).

memper

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2013, 05:11:35 AM »

That's why I was thinking it has smth to do with the bike...

"Calling a bikini fairing on a monster a fairing is like calliing a girl in an actual bikini proper work attire....unless shes a stripper." -He Man

-----------------------------------------
Important: always check your battery filter and regularly change your headlight fluid.
Ducatamount

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 05:32:30 AM »

I've never had my pegs touch the ground and while on a 5 minute joy ride on my bike a buddy told me that he "got the pegs down around the roundabout".  On cold tires.  He doesn't ride my bike anymore.  P

laughingdp

Here's how to drag a knee...

half fast
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: