Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 01:27:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati EVO1100 Motor Swap (into an S2R1000)  (Read 17337 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »

im getting the whole 9 yards in terms of dyno tuning A/F ignition (its a must since the spark map is completely different between the more advance DS, and comparatively retarded nonDS). I am not getting the cams dialed in. Ill probably run the bike until i break the motor in before i dial the cams in and go back for a tweak on map.

I am super excited to get my bike back, itll be done mid week but i cant pick it up for another 2 weeks. I might be able to shoot up there on saturday, not sure. I wanted to pick it up on their open house so i can bring some parts in the van and get some $$$ for shit thats just lying around.

Nice poste He Man, I remember that hillside in PA. Your bike is looking pretty sweet for sure. Smiley

That JB weld is still on the engine case. Tongue

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »

Just read every word from beginning to end.

Great read He Man.  I love your "can do" attitude.  Something to scary to do?  Do it anyway!   applause

Really looking forward to seeing how it finishes up  waytogo.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 06:33:55 AM »

Just read every word from beginning to end.

Great read He Man.  I love your "can do" attitude.  Something to scary to do?  Do it anyway!   applause

Really looking forward to seeing how it finishes up  waytogo.

been quietly following along since I saw that "anyone ever put an 1100evo motor in an s2r?" thread...You're absolutely right, the attitude is awesome - great job so far He Man..can't wait to see pics of the completed project  waytogo

12 M1100EVO
09 KTM 200XC - sold. I cried.
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 07:43:58 AM »

thanks guys. the shop is cringing on how i did certain things like ziptied coils to battery box, ballast being velcored onto the airbox cover, the metal sheet being held by JB weld....

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »

Ok, so i thought this was a quick 6-8 hour 1 day job with tuning.

They havent touched my bike. It will be 2 weeks this saturday.

I worked fast to get this thing together because they said they could pencil me in to get it done, but they keep bumping me for other bikes.

The next time i can go pick it up is after halloween. (it takes nearly 5 hours round trip to go there, get it and get back into the city)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:55:05 PM by He Man » Logged

Scoober1103
Good morning my

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 03:55:45 PM »

I don't think so! Sounds like they have put it in the too hard basket and keep pushing it back for other clients/work!

Keep on em and send this thread link, they will see how far you've come to get to this point and all they have to do IS THEIR JOB! waytogo

09 M1100 + stuff.
07 GSXR750 stock as a......
15 KTM Freeride 250r for hurting myself!

Don't buy cheap shit, it can cut your balls off.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »

I am not trying to slander their name, they are a good shop and the only one i trust to even do this job.

I just don't like BS answers. If you need a month, tell me you need a month, not wishy washy we'll start working on it, oh oops something else came up.

COP TZR

I got the modding virus

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »

this is inspiring.  Great write up He Man  waytogo  bow down
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 07:12:45 AM »

Alright well, Atleast i finnaly got an honest answer.

My bike is not on the priority list.

Its an interesting job that they want to do, but there are more important things. I should of been told a while ago, because I would of probably tried to unlock the ECU myself through ducatidiag and throw a PCV with an autotune and a M1100EVO map instead.

I was TOLD, that their tech is free all next week. And unforuntely I cannot get them to say that they will work on my bike for sure, just that next week the dyno guy is free and will be able to start working on my bike. ;\

The ECU has not yet been flashed.

If they do not start working on it next week, then I pretty much have to find someone else to do it. I thought i was being a good customer by saying heres a bike, see you in two weeks do what you need to do and lets not get crazy with the cost, but labor is labor.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:15:53 AM by He Man » Logged

Raux
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 07:16:27 AM »

are you paying them???

If so, priority is based on first in first out. That's BS
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 07:30:38 AM »

are you paying them???

If so, priority is based on first in first out. That's BS

Priority is based on repeat customers and the $$ assigned to the job, its always like that. You keep the guy who comes back and gives you more money and you keep the guy who has big jobs.

Mine isnt that much ($600 flat rate for 6-8 hours of dyno time +$250 ECU unlock) when compare to things like valve adjustments, motorbuilds, which are more hassle free and you can charge a book value and be done in under the alloted time.

This is my guess only. I am not sure exactly what goes on in their shop, and I'm not the guy running it.

Eitherway, I could handle the truth if you are up front with me.

It was their word that gave me the confidence to jump into this motor swap, and if i get thrown to the side for more important jobs without you telling me then im going to be pissed.

We have a running joke at work.."What consitutes as an emergency?" ...the asnwer? Whenever teh customer says its an emergency!
So i know my place as a customer in their books. I can cry and whine all i want, they dont need the money or anything like that and for all they care i can take my business elsewhere.

Lord help me if i actually paid someone to swap the motor for me. I logged less than 50 hours or something like that of actual work. And half of that was laborious work like stripping paint off a frame and trying to figure out where the wires are going to go.

Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 07:50:45 AM »

I'd say pick the thing back up, get yourself a DP ecu reflash and a pcv or bazzaz w/ the auto tuner and be done with it...from what i've been reading here, a lot of the guys running that set up are really happy with the results...may even save yourself some coin, plus this is the best time of year around here to ride

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have put in so much work to get it going, then have it sit in a shop for 2+ weeks knowing nothing's going on with it.

12 M1100EVO
09 KTM 200XC - sold. I cried.
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 08:09:24 AM »

Priority is based on repeat customers and the $$ assigned to the job, its always like that. You keep the guy who comes back and gives you more money and you keep the guy who has big jobs.

Mine isnt that much ($600 flat rate for 6-8 hours of dyno time +$250 ECU unlock) when compare to things like valve adjustments, motorbuilds, which are more hassle free and you can charge a book value and be done in under the alloted time.

This is my guess only. I am not sure exactly what goes on in their shop, and I'm not the guy running it.

Eitherway, I could handle the truth if you are up front with me.

It was their word that gave me the confidence to jump into this motor swap, and if i get thrown to the side for more important jobs without you telling me then im going to be pissed.

We have a running joke at work.."What consitutes as an emergency?" ...the asnwer? Whenever teh customer says its an emergency!
So i know my place as a customer in their books. I can cry and whine all i want, they dont need the money or anything like that and for all they care i can take my business elsewhere.

Lord help me if i actually paid someone to swap the motor for me. I logged less than 50 hours or something like that of actual work. And half of that was laborious work like stripping paint off a frame and trying to figure out where the wires are going to go.
...or they may have misjudged just how hectic and short of time they were going to be moving their shop and prepping for an open house. Not excusing them at all.

Are they doing the re-flash in house, or are they at the mercy of a subcontractor?

I'd be curious just who made the promise to you. Was it Steve, or Diego?

If it was Diego I'd call Steve and ask him what's up.

If it was Steve, I'd call him and tell him how disappointed I was as opposed to creating furor on the net...and that's all you're doing.

All this is not to say you shouldn't be upset. I just think you're approaching it incorrectly.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »

I am trying not to start a flame war on the forums. That is entirely on me for voicing my thoughts outloud. but its been 2 weeks of phone tag and its really irritating me that i keep getting " this bike is on the rack, that bike is on the rack." I do not care, just tell me when you can start.

Steve was the one who said it can be done and they can do it. I asked very specifically about how their scheduling was since they were in the midst of moving to a new location. (this was late august) The only reason I worked so fast to get the bike ready was to meet their window of opportunity. That is the main reason I am upset. If i knew it was going to take this long I might not of spent all that time working on it and just left it as a winter project.

There was a 3 week gap of me calling them reminding them that i am penciled in to bring the bike, can you begin work on that day? I must of done that at least 6-7 times. They said yes, we are open for you to come in and do the work that day.

That is what I've  come to expect from them since the first time i ever went into their shop. If they say they can do it that day, i bring it in that day. Before the shop even opens, I'm there. I even call the night before as well to make sure everything is on schedule.

It just didn't happen that way. Diego does the scheduling and i called him today and he simply out right said my bike is not a priority, steve wants to do it for you, but its just not a high priority right now since its unchartted territory. That was the honest answer i expected and wanted to hear.

They are flashing in house. They are the only shop who can do it without a PCV and iginition module.  Diego will not guarantee that they will start working on it tuesday, but said that is when their dyno guy is free to work on it.

It is in my best interest to work with them on this, but i just need an honest answer about their time frame. They never mentioned about being backed up with work because i was penciled in for a specific date. They just have higher priority customers that got bumped ahead of me.

They only have 1 guy doing the dyno work who is also a tech. And AFAIK, theyve put 3 bikes ahead of mine on the dyno. By ahead meaning, they were bumped up in the priority list of bikes to work on.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:50:40 AM by He Man » Logged

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 08:59:43 AM »

My point is you're not going to get an honest answer from them discussing it here, and the only thing that is being accomplished is alienating other prospective customers based on your side of the story. I'm not saying you are not telling it the way it is, but from experience there are always two sides/perspectives.

Call and talk to Steve and tell him how you feel. Find out if it's he that feels like you aren't a priority, or if it's Diego.

I know Steve. I don't know Diego from a hole in the ground. None of this sounds like Steve. I could be wrong, but he's savvy enough to understand the damage one pissed off customer can cause, and intended or not...you already have.

If it's a day's work there is still time to get it done if you talk to the man that made the promise and signs Diego's check.

Again Kui...I'm not defending or condemning anyone. I'd most likely be upset myself. It's just the conversation occurring in this setting is counter productive.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: