Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 12:07:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you wanted a Vizi-Tec Supa Nova HSi, but forgot to buy one  (Read 1251 times)
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« on: October 12, 2012, 08:56:30 AM »

I believe there are a few left waytogo

My previous Supa Nova 350 (490 integrated) is beautiful to look at with it's 350 individual LEDs.
Nice improvement over stock, but the HSi is brighter.

When I installed it in the garage (plug and play), my first reaction was NO WAY - much to bright.
I decided to try it in the real world anyway and I'm glad I did.
It's about as bright as a normal car brake light, but since it's on all the time it doesn't confuse other drivers/riders.

I was worried that it might draw attention to itself, to a degree where the cager behind me would become less aware of everything else going on. The test for this was to ask riders who had followed me on group rides if they noticed anything unusual. They didn't, so I asked if they had noticed my tail light. No, nothing unusual other than that they said it was very easy to know when I was braking.

For riding on dark roads there is a start up sequence that allows you to adjust to a less bright setting. Another setting is brighter than default - for conditions where you want that (sun against you, sunny day, ...)

http://www.vizi-tec.com/index.php?id_category=5&controller=category

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »

I was worried that it might draw attention to itself, to a degree where the cager behind me would become less aware of everything else going on. The test for this was to ask riders who had followed me on group rides if they noticed anything unusual. They didn't, so I asked if they had noticed my tail light. No, nothing unusual other than that they said it was very easy to know when I was braking.

Though I never asked anyone, some folks have made similar comments to me about my 2nd gen one. Generally along the lines of:
Wow, that really catches your eye and lets you know when you've hit the brakes, but it's not obnoxious at all like some flashers.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Scooter Montgomery

Milford, NH

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:00:01 AM »

I have one and its awesome. I really like that with a tail chop it really lights up the ground behind me which I think makes me more noticeable. Well worth the money.

2003 620 Half Dark/ Half Silver 35,000 happy miles
Billyzoom

I'm having much more fun.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:45:19 PM »

Best mod I've done.
Ohmic

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »

So nice to hear and see  waytogo

'It's NOT a Harley... It's a Ducati!'

Bike#1: 2002 Ducati MH900e #1801
Bike#2: 2006 Ducati Monster S2R1000
Bike#3: 2006 Ducati Sport1000