Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 11, 2024, 05:00:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rizoma bars  (Read 3357 times)
dazzpowder

« on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »

Hi all, I'd like to fit he Rizoma fat bars part number MA005 to my 796 the they have a 27 degree sweep back I'd also like to fit 60mm risers.

Can anyone tell me definitively if the cables will be long enough? And if the bar ends clear the tank? A search brings up different answers. This is one upgrade I've always wanted being a short rider the reach for the bars would be better for me

Thanks
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:06:44 PM »

You'd get better answers in Acc&Mods I think.

You can move your own thread.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click move...then click move again on the next page. You don't need to fill in anything in the text box.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:55:32 AM »

Hi all, I'd like to fit he Rizoma fat bars part number MA005 to my 796 the they have a 27 degree sweep back I'd also like to fit 60mm risers.

Can anyone tell me definitively if the cables will be long enough? And if the bar ends clear the tank? A search brings up different answers. This is one upgrade I've always wanted being a short rider the reach for the bars would be better for me

Thanks
Very, unlikely that you can pull off fitting BOTH the riser and the bars. Even if you could, then you probably couldn't see the instruments. Wink The bar is very worthwhile though, and the silver finish is a lot nicer than stock as well.

Bear in mind that the stock 796 mounts already have a lot more rise than an 1100 evo. In theory you "might" be able to fit the mounts from the 1100 and the riser..., but it would be tight! Would only give you ~ 10mm more rise anyway. I decided not to bother.

Here's a snap of the Rizoma, not sure if it's MA 005, but the one with 5/8" more rise and 2" more sweep than stock. Mine was fitted from new by my VERY careful dealer and still required a little fine-tuning for drilling the hole so that the mirror was OK for me. You need to be there for that. I'm 5' 8". How short are you?

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
geoffduc

18 till i die

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »

I've fitted quite afew rizoma bars on my own and friends bikes and think you'll have problems if you try to use the risers as well as the bars, alittle bit of teasing the wiring and pipe work is always needed.

Geoff... coffee

2015 scrambler FT
2009 monster 1100s
dazzpowder

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »

Thanks guys, I'm 5'3" measured the riser and it's already about 60mm so will just changing the bars for the  MA05 with more of a sweep still need teasing with the cables?

Ducpainter do your bars fir in to the fuel tank recess on full lock or are they now above the air vents and needed steering stop adjustment?
geoffduc

18 till i die

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »

On the new style monsters I've always had to adjust the steering stops to stop the switch gear on the handle bars touching the tank panels.

On other naked ducati's eg:- hypermotard, streetfighter and old style monster I've not had to do any adjustment of the stops.

Geoff... coffee

2015 scrambler FT
2009 monster 1100s
Curmudgeon

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 07:00:31 PM »

Thanks guys, I'm 5'3" measured the riser and it's already about 60mm so will just changing the bars for the  MA05 with more of a sweep still need teasing with the cables?

Ducpainter do your bars fir in to the fuel tank recess on full lock or are they now above the air vents and needed steering stop adjustment?

If you adjust them so that the trademark, "Rizoma", appears in the upper part of the "window" of your 796 clamp as mounted in the picture above, you will have ~ 1/2" of clearance on both sides of the faux tank. If you rotate the bar downwards, you'll have less clearance I'd imagine. The bar was designed to be mounted as above. For just the bar, as far as I'm aware, no re-routing of lines or wires was required. Just proceed with care and don't bind the throttle cable!  Cool

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
dazzpowder

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »

They look a lot higher than the standard setup, was there much of and adjustment to the stops?
Curmudgeon

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 03:21:39 PM »

They look a lot higher than the standard setup, was there much of and adjustment to the stops?
None. Zero. Nada...

dazzpowder

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 01:42:20 AM »

Thanks mate, bit the bullet and ordered fat bars, bar ends and grips today.  wasn't sure abot the slightly raised look but I've been riding the bike everyday and have developed golfers elbow pain so I have to do something about the reach.

take risks
She gagged on my

you can go faster

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 06:55:39 AM »

I bought Renthal low bars. The sweep brings them a lot closer and they dont bang the tank.
Drill the holes for the controls was fun.

The sweep changes the ergonomics. A lot more upright. I don't like it. Booo hisss.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:38:51 PM by take risks » Logged

2000 VFR 800 - wrecked
2007 Ducati Monster 695
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: