Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 02:48:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local (not a dealer) shop for 7,500 mile service  (Read 5950 times)
shamoo

« on: August 17, 2012, 08:14:25 AM »

I just passed 7,600 miles on my 2012 796.  Commuting 100 miles a day really makes it add up quickly!  I was quoted ~$740 for the service at the Newport Beach dealership where I purchased the bike.  That's not too bad, but I was wondering if you more experienced folks knew of a place somewhere in Orange County that could do the same service for less?  As I understood it, it's basically a valve check/adjustment, oil change, and an overall "let's look it over."

I usually do work myself on my prior bikes and cars, but right now I don't really have the time...and I'm a bit lazy.   Tongue

I already have the oil and filter so I can probably do that myself, and that should save a bit since I know the dealer charged me ~$200 last time I believe.  My mistake for telling them, "hey, while you have it, can you just do a quick oil change too?"  Whoops!

Thanks!
hbliam
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »

http://www.yelp.com/biz/motoservizio-signal-hill

Scott and no other for anything other then warranty issues. There are other independents out there but none with the experience and Ducati specific training that Scott has. Inexpensive and honest to boot.

Not OC but close enough.
shamoo

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »

Thank you sir!  I will call his place up today.  Reviews look great on Yelp.

Hm, it's pretty far from me.  But if it saves me a good chunk, it's worth it.  I'm slightly worried about "guarantees" however.  I know my bike has a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty from the dealer.  I liked that since I commute ~100 miles a day.  In 3 years, I'll have quite a lot of miles and I don't want to be denied for a warranty claim because I did some service outside the dealer.  Should I be worried?  Or should I be fine as long as I have documentation?
shamoo

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »

Just called.  $450 plus ~$80 in parts.  Not bad.  Only thing it, it takes up to a week or so.  Hmm, worried about that since I don't want to put 100 miles a day on my car (main point of me getting a commuter bike).

Thinking... Smiley
lawbreaker

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:41:33 AM »

http://www.yelp.com/biz/motoservizio-signal-hill

Scott and no other for anything other then warranty issues. There are other independents out there but none with the experience and Ducati specific training that Scott has. Inexpensive and honest to boot.

Not OC but close enough.

Scott's the Man.... and is working on my SPS' motor at the moment waytogo
hbliam
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 03:14:51 PM »

Thank you sir!  I will call his place up today.  Reviews look great on Yelp.

Hm, it's pretty far from me.  But if it saves me a good chunk, it's worth it.  I'm slightly worried about "guarantees" however.  I know my bike has a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty from the dealer.  I liked that since I commute ~100 miles a day.  In 3 years, I'll have quite a lot of miles and I don't want to be denied for a warranty claim because I did some service outside the dealer.  Should I be worried?  Or should I be fine as long as I have documentation?

There is no requirement to have service done at a dealer.
shamoo

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »

Thanks all!  I'm dropping off the bike tomorrow/Saturday morning.  It'll take longer than the dealer, but with a savings of $300+, I think it's worth it.  Plus, I'll be on vacation some of that time so it works out since I can pick it up afterwards.
Smolt

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:51:53 PM »

This may be a little late, but for future reference and for the benefit of all people in orange county, check out m2motoworks, they're in fountain valley.  Its 1 master mechanic that runs the show and he personally does all the work.  His wife does all the paperwork, look them up on yelp.  They fixed up my cbr600rr and im definitely taking my S2R800 monster to them for the 12,000 mile service
hbliam
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »

This may be a little late, but for future reference and for the benefit of all people in orange county, check out m2motoworks, they're in fountain valley.  Its 1 master mechanic that runs the show and he personally does all the work.  His wife does all the paperwork, look them up on yelp.  They fixed up my cbr600rr and im definitely taking my S2R800 monster to them for the 12,000 mile service

I think most people here are partial to having a Ducati specific mechanic work on theirs Ducs. The Desmo motor is much different from the inline's.

lawbreaker

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 04:09:51 PM »

Yeah... I won't take my babies to anyone who isn't a trained expert DUCATI wrench... Their work speaks for itself
okpanic

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »

SBK Corse in Lake Forest. Neil is the man and has been working on Ducs for ever.

"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you make the beast with two backs with me, I'll kill you all."
-Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders-
hbliam
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 09:42:39 AM »

I've heard great things about Neil.
Neofusion

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 08:12:57 AM »

Bob Miller in Fullerton is an ace! bobmacmil@yahoo.com
lawbreaker

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »

Bob Miller in Fullerton is an ace! bobmacmil@yahoo.com

Is he the guy who offers basic maintenance/valve adjust intro classes from his home ?
Neofusion

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 06:37:50 AM »

Is he the guy who offers basic maintenance/valve adjust intro classes from his home ?

Yeah, he also started up the Los Angeles Ducati Owners Club.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: