Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 08:51:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good form vs bad form - photos  (Read 76014 times)
SwiftTone

« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2015, 07:41:21 AM »

Not bad Swift!  waytogo

My main recommendation would be to try to get your upper body lower, as you look like you're sitting fairly upright. Like you said, you don't need to hang off that much...one butt cheek off the seat is enough. Not a big deal though IMO. It's important that your comfortable, so if you are, then all is good. The good news is you aren't crossed up. You are a little on the right hander, but not terrible. How good my form is depends on the corner...long, fast ones and I look pretty good - slower, tight ones and I tend to be crossed up (like a lot of riders).

I wouldn't worry about your feet either. What your doing is OK. When you start dragging your toes you'll figure out a way to tuck your foot in more.

Ya I get it. I'm 6' tall and I'm scooted all the way back. I can get lower but have to make a hard conscious effort to do so. Will take some practice and getting used to this bike. I will work on not hanging off my lower body as much and more on the upper body as it's more practical for the street as well.

Palmer is pretty technical. Totally new track this year and trying to figure out the lines. Most of the corners are either late apex or double apex. Plus it's got 190' of elevation change and it's mostly in the corners.  Here's an aerial shot

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #226 on: July 16, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »

That looks super fun!!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Triple J
« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »

It does...looks to be a little lacking in the run-off area though.
SwiftTone

« Reply #228 on: July 16, 2015, 10:39:45 AM »

It is fun and it does lack some safety features. They're actively under construction. But this is a trackday track, not a race track. And primarily a car track. We are told to ride well within our limits around 60-70% as a result of that.

The track layout is just amazing. Like a favorite loop in the mountains of Vermont.
mr.freezer

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2015, 10:43:34 PM »

After a long time...

mr.freezer

« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »

Two years ago

and today

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:32:27 AM by mr.freezer » Logged
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2015, 12:29:25 PM »

Nice to see you staying on your side of the line.

It can get dicey if you don't. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Triple J
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2015, 04:02:59 PM »

Good form in that you're nice and straight, and your head is low. I don't think you need to hang off that far though. 1 butt cheek is generally all that's needed.
mr.freezer

« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2015, 04:35:30 AM »

When I do not hang off so much I scratch my stand on left and my rear brake lever on right.. So I hang off more to increase speed without scratching anything... Thanks a lot... I enjoy it so much..
gnarshread

« Reply #234 on: November 09, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »

I just want to say this thread is excellent! I don't have the luxury of photos of myself but analyzing others have made me notice that I am more crossed up than I thought I have been. It doesn't help I came from an MX background and got into road riding maybe a little late so any help is good.
mr.freezer

« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2016, 12:34:02 PM »

So guys.. I have sold my M620 and bought 749... do not have any photo riding it instead of this one...

Triple J
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2016, 09:51:56 AM »

Looking good!  waytogo
mr.freezer

« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »

Finally some better photos...Not going fast, filming slower guys from behind..

mr.freezer

« Reply #238 on: May 08, 2016, 12:24:11 AM »

Here vid.. taken from Aprilia RSV

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:27:53 AM by mr.freezer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: