Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 05:17:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Motos at PIR - June 23/24  (Read 2554 times)
scott_araujo

« on: June 22, 2012, 07:54:57 AM »

MotoCzysz and the rest of the TTXGP electric bikes will be riding at PIR this weekend on both days.  Practice and qualifying on Saturday, racing Sunday.  Here's the full schedule:
http://www.omrra.com/pdf/OMRRA_Schedule_June-b_2012.pdf

There should also be a contingent of other e-vehicles on display there too:
http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=283

Hey Chuck!  I saw a Ninja 250 race class on the schedule.  Looks like your dream has come true!  Wonder if this will be the next generation of CB 160 racing and cause Ninja 250 prices to skyrocket?

Scott
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 08:43:41 AM »

Cool, too bad I'm busy on Sunday.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
scott_araujo

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »

I'm busy Sunday too but planning to head over Saturday, probably in time to catch the early TTXGP practice, around 10:30 or so, then hang for the sidecars and to get some pics of any cool electric bikes, demo a few e-vehicles if possible.  Zero Cycles will have a race team but they weren't sure on demos.  Brammo will be racing but I haven't contacted them or Boxx to see if they'll have bikes on display.

I was thinking of grabbing breakfast at the Horse Brass Pub first.  Care to join me?

Scott
scott_araujo

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »

I had breakfast with Victor who decided to bail on the track on account of the rain, couldn't blame him.  The morning practice was disappointing.  Only the Zero Cycles and Virginia Tech bikes went out due to the rain, couldn't blame them either.  Luckily I ran into Ryan and Mo and got to see Ryan's brand new Ninja 250.  I got back later in the day to the the qualifying round with no rain.  Holy crap these things are fast!  And quiet.  When they're approaching all you hear is wind turbulence, then just the whine of the electric motor as they pass.  Also ran into C and Rowan for the first time in way too long.  Rode around and went to bike shops the rest of the day.  Not a bad day overall Smiley

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: