Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:58:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NSW: Rego stickers to be scrapped.  (Read 3197 times)
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« on: May 23, 2012, 08:52:34 PM »

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/rego-stickers-to-be-scrapped-20120524-1z6v7.html

Good bloody riddance.

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
techno

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

About time. The article only mentions "cars" but I assume that means motorcycles as well.

Finding somewhere to mount the bloody ugly things has always been a problem.

Hey Techno you are a smart man.  waytogo

Had an accident in Tasmania? - www.tas-compo-law.com.au
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »

From the issues paper (http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/129616/Issues_Paper_-_Review_of_Registration_Labels_for_Light_Vehicles.pdf):

State Debt Recovery Office data indicates that more than 13,000 label offence penalty notices were issued in the 2010-11 financial year. The penalty notice fine amount is currently $88 for a light vehicle, and $530 for a heavy vehicle.

Wonder how many of those were for motorbikes?  It's a nice little earner - that's over $1m.

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
monstermick58

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:13:49 PM »

Looks like we are included, though I'm not sure about Goldwings.   cheeky

From the old RTA

1.2 Scope of review
The review is concerned with registration label regulatory requirements for light
vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) up to 4.5 tonnes. These vehicles
represent more than 97 per cent of the 6.1 million vehicles registered in NSW in
the 2010-11 financial year. Vehicles covered by this review include, but are not
limited to, passenger vehicles, motorcycles, and some trucks, buses and trailers.

Surely these Leadwings are over 4.5 tonnes GVM?

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 02:56:48 AM »

It will certainly be good to not have to bother putting this thing on the bike(s) anymore.
It really doesn't serve any purpose other to be non colour coded to the bike each year.

Mr.S2R
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 03:02:29 AM »

yeah dont worry it will still be a nice little revenue earner.  here in SA the traffic cameras and traffic monitoring cameras are hooked in to the registration database - forget to pay your rego - $357 fine...

mind you I do wonder what happens on a bike as most cameras are front on....
monsta

Perth, Australia.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 04:14:08 AM »

been scraped here for a while...
Just read the other day that most people want them back because they dont have to remember whe to renew!

93 M900 - 07 ST3 - 00 748s trackbike - 78 900SS - 13 848 EVO Corse SE
lukevo

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »

Great news applause,will have to think about what to do with a used rego tube Huh?

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Now:
M1100evo
Gone:
BMW f 800r
Yamaha SR500
rod796

WWW.DOZMOS.COM

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 06:17:19 PM »

Great news applause,will have to think about what to do with a used rego tube Huh?

I'm going to write a note and put it in the tube to remind me to renew my rego once a year... as apparently, this appears to be the biggest concern out there atm

Ducati Monster 796
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 12:34:28 AM »

been scraped here for a while...
Just read the other day that most people want them back because they dont have to remember whe to renew!

I bet if half of those people had stickers and weren't required  to fit them, wouldn't bother, and the rest would do the same the next year.

you don't get stickers for your land rates, water bill, power bill,phone bill.
And we seem to manage to pay those Roll Eyes

The Bill in the mail  about 4 weeks before due and a reminder a month later. what do they want? Huh?

Just write it on the windscreen with a permanent marker ,the rego renewal date never changes , no pleasing some people, bang head bang head

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 01:47:39 AM »

i havent stuck a rego sticker on a bike or trailer for about 10 years

so no change really  laughingdp

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »

Very good J5, it is a bit of a waste of an item to attach to your bike or trailer.

It does confuse me also Rob that people need a sticker to remind them to pay it.
The info behind the story was that there are many more people risking not paying their rego because there are no stickers in place now, well in WA and SA and some people are calling for them to be bought back.

FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 02:57:22 AM »

Very good J5, it is a bit of a waste of an item to attach to your bike or trailer.

It does confuse me also Rob that people need a sticker to remind them to pay it.
The info behind the story was that there are many more people risking not paying their rego because there are no stickers in place now, well in WA and SA and some people are calling for them to be bought back.

That wouldn't be too hard to police, and nip it in the bud,with a check of the data base, look at the unpaid regos, and do a few spot checks i know time consuming, but when people are aware off that happening would surely reduce the unpaid regos. or is that to simple for the rta to work out  Tongue

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
Big T

Bikeless..........

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 03:23:38 AM »

In this third world country (Philippines) they have been abolished for years........

None here.....

Not so third world after all.....  Grin   waytogo

.... This is your captain speaking. Please fasten your seat-belts as we prepare for take off.... (I'm the passenger now....)
Mr.S2R
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 04:31:27 AM »

Yep here in SA people wanted them back - but the odd thing is that you get a reminder notice when your rego is due - then they send you a receipt when it is paid - go figure...like I said the traffic cameras are hooked in to the registration database so it is a lot easier for people to get caught now than the old system...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: