Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 01:00:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO IS THIS???  (Read 4863 times)
lukevo

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 04:02:51 AM »

No doubt at all about his moron status.

But how'd you know he's on a learner's permit?

If he is, he just failed and should have it cancelled.

It was actually on tonight's news, apparently he was a 21yo learner rider, the cops have tracked him down and cancelled his license, the guy was approached by a news crew and he had plenty of attitude and was not remorseful. Apparently the photo was taken by a bus passenger on the m4.....just crazy stuff texting whilst riding at speed with a bus in the lane next to him. This guy needs to have some older more experienced riders pull him aside a teach him a thing or two about staying alive otherwise it is likely he will shortly end up another road statistic.

Also to reflect previous comments he doesn't deserve to ride such a nice bike either.....very frustrating hear the  words "Ducati Monster" and "idiot" used in the same sentence on prime time TV
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:05:34 AM by lukevo » Logged

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Now:
M1100evo
Gone:
BMW f 800r
Yamaha SR500
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »

This guy needs to have some older more experienced riders pull him aside a teach him a thing or two about staying alive otherwise it is likely he will shortly end up another road statistic.

This.

I remember on a group ride when we all took a break at Robertson pie shop to regroup, and a couple of idiots turned up on a gixxer wearing shorts and t-shirt.

The looks of death these guys got from every single biker in the place were amazing. Kristyn noticed too, so it was a good lesson for her (not that she was ever likely to act like a squid).

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

This makes me angry on a few levels.
Sure he has made a poor decision to SMS(if that is what he is doing) on his phone while riding compounded as a novice.
But maybe he was checking maps as he was lost (unlikely I know)
But am I just as bad looking down at my GPS  bang head ?
What is worse .....idiot rider checking his facebook while riding on a 170 kg bike or boof head in a 20 tonne truck plowing through
a group of stationary vehicles as he is using his phone.
They are both bad , what makes me angry is how the media jumped all over this making you and I all look like idiots as we all ride motorbikes
and the bus passenger who just had to send the photo to the media.
The worse offenders of this activity are on the roads right now on their way to work texting and talking hundreds of them NOW
and no one seems to notice or care like the P plated girl going past me stopped at a red light straight through without even noticing
or the white collar exec in his Beemer driving slowly wandering all over the road instead of looking out for me.
The penalty for this (like pricks spraying graffiti) should be increased expediently , how about Mr Plod here is an idea go out and hunt down these c#nts
instead of pulling me over for doing a couple of K's over the limit on a safe road.
It is just as bad as driving drunk. bang head

Tuesdays RANT .
rod796

WWW.DOZMOS.COM

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 03:19:47 PM »

We all have brainfart moments, some of us just don't have the luck to have a "concerned citizen" with a smartphone dob you into SMH, ACA or TT.

For example, I was on the way to the shops with the family the other day...

As for our friend on the white monster, Darwin will sort him out!

Ducati Monster 796
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 05:42:54 PM »

...Sure he has made a poor decision to SMS(if that is what he is doing) on his phone while riding compounded as a novice.But maybe he was checking maps as he was lost (unlikely I know)
Theres no excuse.  Lost?  Pull the make the beast with two backs over to check.

What is worse .....idiot rider checking his facebook while riding on a 170 kg bike or boof head in a 20 tonne truck plowing through a group of stationary vehicles as he is using his phone.
Clearly the bigger the weapon the worse the potential adverse outcome.  Still doesnt excuse this particular act of stupidity. Coz....
They are both bad

what makes me angry is how the media jumped all over this making you and I all look like idiots as we all ride motorbikes
We're a minority.  It's mass-media's job to fan pre-existing prejudice.  Which is why behaviour like this idiot's is so infuriating and why its important for as many of us as possible to behave responsibly, and to go out of our way to do so.

The worse offenders of this activity are on the roads right now on their way to work texting and talking hundreds of them NOW and no one seems to notice or care, how about Mr Plod here is an idea go out and hunt down these c#nts instead of pulling me over for doing a couple of K's over the limit on a safe road. It is just as bad as driving drunk. bang head
Absolutely agree with you.

But that is another story, isnt it.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Rowdy

S4R

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »

For example, I was on the way to the shops with the family the other day...

As for our friend on the white monster, Darwin will sort him out!

No offense but your wife could do with a shave.

Just sayin.....

You greatly underestimate the amount of overconfidence I have.
bigiain
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 08:00:15 PM »

'course, in his defense, he's apparently only a learner - imagine the outcry if someone who "shoulda known better" did something like that?

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »

No offense but your wife could do with a shave.

Just sayin.....

laughingdp laughingdp   vomit vomit

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Roaduser
will be back on the road june 16

02 m800 with extras

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

'course, in his defense, he's apparently only a learner - imagine the outcry if someone who "shoulda known better" did something like that?

i have been told that police have an exception.....  Huh?
loony888

"I WAS GOING HOW FAST, OFFICER?"

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »

"do as i say and not as i do"

wonder why there's no respect for pigs and their credibility resembles the donuts they stuff their fat lying faces with???

HERE AND NOW                      12 DIAVEL AMG
                                              93 888 RS
                                              09 1098R BAYLISS
                                              07 Husqvarna TE 450

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN        03 S4R       95 900SL
                                              01 S4         93 900M
                                              96 748SP
Scoober1103
Good morning my

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »

The worse offenders of this activity are on the roads right now on their way to work texting and talking hundreds of them NOW
and no one seems to notice or care like the P plated girl going past me stopped at a red light straight through without even noticing

On the flip side a young girl texting while driving here recently hit and killed a motorcyclist and apparently has been charged with manslaughter and is likely to serve time! Extremely sad on both counts as both lives have been ended over something so unimportant!

And a couple of weeks later another motorcyclist was killed following a road rage incident where a four wheel drive was upset with a bike and ran him off the road!

It's a different world we live in now with smart phones and road rage!  boo

09 M1100 + stuff.
07 GSXR750 stock as a......
15 KTM Freeride 250r for hurting myself!

Don't buy cheap shit, it can cut your balls off.
dragonworld.
I can make like a tripod with my.....

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »

Manslaughter?? First offence? Slap on the wrist, loss of licence, fine and a suspended sentence!! See ya later!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

An example NEEDS to be made to get the message accross that killing someone (Yes, even a motorcyclist!) with a vehicle is going to get you incarcerated!! applause

You know the consequences of your actions and you choose your path accordingly!! You kill someone?? You have to pay!!  bang head bang head bang head

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
Scoober1103
Good morning my

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »

Manslaughter?? First offence? Slap on the wrist, loss of licence, fine and a suspended sentence!! See ya later!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So killing someone while texting and driving carries virtually the same penalty as a learner using his phone while riding not causing any harm to others bar inciting anger in the greater community......seems odd!  Huh?

Unless they are morally corrupt and have no conscience they still have to live with it for the rest of their lives   

09 M1100 + stuff.
07 GSXR750 stock as a......
15 KTM Freeride 250r for hurting myself!

Don't buy cheap shit, it can cut your balls off.
Roaduser

02 m800 with extras

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »

the girl above may get a manslaughter charge, but cops obviously dont...

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/cop-acquitted-of-woodend-road-death/2154642.aspx?page=2

p.s. i hope the guilt ruins her life and the sight of cupcakes makes her physically ill... to contend the charges when she was so obviously in the wrong is in itself a disgusting example of todays "someone elses fault" society. TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOUR FAULTS!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:37:31 AM by Roaduser » Logged
Roaduser

02 m800 with extras

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 01:40:11 AM »

and back to the original article

Issued at 5pm, Monday 28 May 2012

Police will issue infringement notices to a man after he allegedly rode his motorcycle whilst using his mobile phone on the M2 Motorway yesterday.

Between 2pm and 4pm (Sunday 27 May 2012), a 21-year-old man was allegedly riding his motorcycle on the M2 Motorway whilst operating his mobile phone.

A member of the public took a photograph of the man which was provided to police.

About 1.30pm today (Monday 28 May 2012), the man attended the Traffic and Highway Patrol Command and assisted police with their inquiries.

He will be issued two infringement notices for use mobile phone and not display L plate.

Assistant Commissioner John Hartley, Traffic and Highway Patrol Commander, said that it was great news that the community does not accept this type of behaviour.

“This is clearly reckless rider behaviour and a member of the public identified it and reported it to authorities.

“We have been able to intervene and hopefully modify this rider’s behaviour before his disregard for road safety leads him or others to a much more tragic outcome.

“Riders and drivers should appreciate that the wider community do not accept such poor behaviour and will continue to use modern technology to bring such events to our notice,” Assistant Commissioner Hartley said.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: