Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:15:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel hop under heavy breaking  (Read 13530 times)
gatorgrizz27

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »

The guy in the video looks like he just panicked running into the corner.  Banged down through the gears too fast and started it hopping, but look at his body positioning and his inside foot coming off the peg.  That is the proper technique for a super tight u-turn or 10 mph turn, not for a corner.  If he had just leaned inside he would have been fine.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »

Oh yeah he totally panicked. It appears that he hand gone down too far in the gear box before the camera gets on it, and instead of getting on the gas/ slipping the clutch some to allow get the wheel rotation speed in line with the bike velocity he gives up and tries to ride a bike that's telling him get the F off.

he hand't even entered the turn that gets a number of folks before he crashed it

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
tex-mex

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:11 AM »

The guy on the S4R made me very sad to see such a beautiful bike riden by someone who has no business riding a motorcycle.  That is a perfect example of how not to use your brakes, throttle, clutch, handlebars, turn signals, footpegs, headlight, rear veiw mirrors, horn, or any other control input on a motorcyle.  He didn't even ATTEMPT to make that turn.  He should have just gunned it and gone sailing over the guard rail out into space.  At least he was wearing a helment.
FrankenDuc

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 03:03:00 AM »

The guy on the S4R made me very sad to see such a beautiful bike riden by someone who has no business riding a motorcycle.  That is a perfect example of how not to use your brakes, throttle, clutch, handlebars, turn signals, footpegs, headlight, rear veiw mirrors, horn, or any other control input on a motorcyle.  He didn't even ATTEMPT to make that turn.  He should have just gunned it and gone sailing over the guard rail out into space.  At least he was wearing a helment.
laughingdp applause
I think "When in doubt, power out" is quite appropriate...

"hammer to fit, paint to match"
$Lindz$

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »

Just on my way back to work from lunch. I was approaching a green light and had the throttle on heavy because I knew it was going to flip yellow. Well, it flipped way to fast and I would have ran a red light so I had to brake hard. Applied both front and rear brake, although I grabbed quite a bit of front brake instead of progressively applying. Front wheel started to hop and chatter. I was too concerned about stopping to think of letting go of the front brake and re-applying, not sure if it would have helped but I think thats what I learned back in MSF lol. Anyone ever have this happen to you? Kind of rattled me, never had the bike act like that. Never went too hot into a red light before either  Roll Eyes

I feel like everyone is flying off the handle with all of these theories. To me it sounds like your rotors and pads are slightly "too worn".

My S4RS is getting to that point right now where a hard panic stop will cause some "chattering". I have the suspension set up perfectly and the bike is a dream. Still does this with worn rotors and pads. If you were "hopping" your front wheel (from the road surface, shitty suspension, bottomed out forks, etc) you would have crashed.
PzKfW

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 07:24:19 PM »

Too much rebound damping
jduke

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 05:08:51 AM »

I think the tire was telling you, "I'm about to slide". Fortunately for you, you stopped before the tire broke loose.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: