Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:49:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really concerned abt my garage.. need opinions thx..  (Read 5532 times)
desmodoktor

« on: April 30, 2012, 07:22:12 PM »

thx
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:26:03 PM by svp88 » Logged

IG @desmodoktor & @ridingturtlegarage
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:19:35 AM »

sounds to me like the kind of place where a casual thief is pretty detterred...but a pro, no matter what will get what he/she/they want(s)....so make sure you have good insurance on both the bike itself and rental insurance on the unit for anything you have stored in there and don't worry so much.

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 04:35:58 AM »

You should try chaining the bikes together since you state there are several of them.  It wont stop a pro (few things would) but 1-2 chains crisscrossed btwn the bikes and then anchored to the ground would require the avg thief to cut through a lot of case hardened steel in order to get your bikes out.

The reason that I say this is because I heard a story before of a guy with 3-4 bikes parked in storage and an attempt at stealing his bikes was foiled due to the thieves not being able to get through the chains he strung through all his bikes.  They didnt have to the tools to get through the chains and couldnt pick up all the bikes at the same time.  Took them long enough that someone noticed and called the cops.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Ducatamount

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 03:25:29 AM »

I would try to make sure that they can't get in to the garage.Once they were in they would have all the time and privacy they need to strip parts,even if the bikes are all chained and locked together.

half fast
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: