Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair  (Read 4285 times)
CannedIce

« on: April 06, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »

So I am growing out my hair for my upcoming wedding and damn it is getting wild when I put the helmet on and ride. How do my other ladies with long hair do to help it not move around and fly in your face? Ties always end up falling out because my helmet fits snug. Just didn't know if there are any other options out there.

Thanks ladies!

-Candice

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
kp

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »

my hair is both pretty long and pretty thick. I can't stand having a braid down the back of
my head because it pushes my helmet back. So what I do is low pigtails and then braid
them. A ponytail holder at the top and at the bottom. Then I unroll some wrapters on the
braids and that keeps my hair from getting all fly away. I even tie the ends together in
front of my jacket!

http://www.wrapter.com/freqaq.htm
duqette

Does this bike make my butt look fast?

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »

I use a single braid down the back, sometimes with multiple elastics to help hold it in place. I start the braid low, with no tie at the top.

Part of it is the way I put my helmet on. First, make sure any loose hairs are tucked behind the ears, then slide the helmet on starting at the forehead, so that your hair is swept back as you put the helmet on. Straight down won't do it.

You'll probably need to experiment a bit to find the techniques that work for you.

"Youth is wasted on the young." --GB Shaw
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »

I just use a ponytail and tuck it into my neckscarf.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:27 AM »

I pull my hair back in a low ponytail and put a bandana on...works perfect  waytogo

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
sisca77

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »

I have a really loooong hair, so every time I o for a ride, I just pull all my hair, twist and make several loopsaround my own hair  then just use a regular hair tie. I tie my hair low so I can fit my helmet. Hope that makes sense.
CannedIce

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »

Thank you all for the input. I will try a few of your suggestions and see what works best Smiley

Have a great weekend!

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: