Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 02, 2024, 01:11:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your worst ticket?  (Read 21585 times)
Blackout

« on: March 10, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »

Bad Times for sure. And I don't mean to glorify tickets coz they suck...but let us know....What's your worst?
 popcorn

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:55:04 PM »

1) Worst one is a lane splitting ticket i got in July...court date is in august. +2 points and the only thing that is looming over my head.

2) the three times ive been double ticketed. as in, i got pulled over for no visor, and got one for no right mirror.

or the double parking tickets (not parking in the street next to another car, but, i was parked, and got 2 tickets) such as the time i thought it was friday, but it was really a thursday (alternate side parking)  AND i got one because i didnt realize my inspection was expired...by 3 days!!!!

3) the worst one by far, was the one that had NO PARKING, COMMERCIAL ONLY (you can stand there). I pulled over on a hot 100 degree summer day. I pulled my helmet off, scoped around, i saw a meter cop, she walked by me, about 25 feet. so i got off and went into a store to by a bottle of water. I come out and shes running down the block.

pregnant dog gave me a ticket like a freaking ninja. I swear, it wasnt even 2 minutes.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
sofadriver

An analog man in a digital world

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

of interest.................

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-09-21-speeder_x.htm
 applause applause applause

Mike in Tacoma
'08 S2r 1000 - Red on Red
'96 900 SS/SP
'02 ST4s (gone but not forgotten)

IBA 38181
Goat_Herder

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:37 PM »

In my college days, I drove a 83 Mazda RX-7.  My roommate and I were returning to school from Thanksgiving.  The drive is about 5 hours, crossing the state of Washington.  There is one stretch of highway where it's complete straght and flat for 26 miles.  My roommate asked, since it's in the middle of nowhere and no other car in sight, to test the top speed of the car. 

I dropped down a gear and when for it.  With a 1.1L rotary engine and 95HP (if I remember correctly), the car got up to 106-107.  Its a tiny 2 seater, weighting at 2500lbs.  We were flying in a tin rocket, so it seemed.  My roommate timed 34 secs per mile post.  It was good times!

Apparently, we were spotted by somebody and cops were radio ahead to track us down.  Toward the end of the 26 mile stretch, we had already slowed down.  But I guess we got used to the 100+MPH speed, we didn't realize we were still going 80+.....  in a 55...

LEO drove passed us and turned around to catch up.  He estimated us going 84 when he spotted me.  Wrote me a ticket for $126 for going 15 over...  Not awhole lot of money but, to a starving college kid, that was my spending money for a couple of weekends.  Totally sucked

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 12:00:37 AM »

80 in a 55, coulda been much worse.
hbliam
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 12:04:40 AM »

Haven't got a ticket in so long I can't remember.   Smiley
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »

93mph in a 55 zone  April 2003

Route 81 South

Harrisonburg Virginia (of all places)

Helicopter sent the ground interceptor after me

Trooper lowered the clocked speed to under 30MPH over the limit (the law at the time, I think it is now 20mph over/discretionary)

so he didn't have to cuff me for reckless...but gave me a mandatory appearance which I wangled out of with a plea letter

Probably helped that I saw him in the corner of my eye whipping a u-turn

from the northbound side of the highway in the center median crossover

by the time he got to me I was already on the side of the road with DL and docs waiting for him

he also cited me for the radar detector unplugged on the floor on the passenger side because it was in sight

250 dollars total fine....

I am sure the same offense now would cost 2,500......... since the world has since gone broke

This is an insult to the Pez community
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »

90 in a 40...

I lost my license .

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 04:18:40 AM »

Following too close and failure to dim,  behind a sand truck crawling up a grade at about 6 mph and the LEO came up from behind.  It was points and fines for both charges but the ADA sorta took my side

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
The Architect

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 04:34:14 AM »

Those 620 capri monsters and all that power are a hazard.

Many many years ago, heading upstate NY, I-87, moving along well, 110±, drove past an underpass and there he was, coffee in hand, I was hard on the brakes, he was putting the coffee down, felt like it was all in slow motion, pulled me over for 88 mph, all you could smell was brakes, had to go to court, very little was said, I was a hurting college kid, he was nice enough to drop it to 74.

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 05:26:34 AM »

Time to pull this embarrassing one out again.  Tongue
Used to be a time that if a cop's lights came on and there was an opportunity, I was gone regardless of what I was driving. Good thing I didn't own a bike back then, I'd be dead.

So anyway, I had a POS '82 Mustang that I had built. It was originally a 4 cylinder but the 302 from an '85 T-bird went in. I guessimate that the way I had it, it was probably around 250 hp or so, still have the motor laying around in the garage somewhere. The car was also stripped to bare metal inside with only the two front seats left, so it weighed nothing.

Anyway, I was working a failing sales job by day and at Pizza Hut by night.
Coming home one night at around 11:30, I'm doing my normal speed on Rt 6 between Honesdale and Hawley, Pa. Turns out that speed is apparently 77 in 45 because the first cop had that register on the radar. I nailed it and took off. Short distance down the road right before a decently long straight was the second cop. They were set up to nab drunks. Never had seen them set like this there before and never since. The second cop got me at 130 in 45 and that was just before the downhill straight.
Went through the corner at the bottom of the straight at I'd guess 120 in a nice controlled 4 wheel drift. Scrubbed off more speed for the next corner (maybe to 100?)
Had it drifting again but the rear stepped out and I spun. Pitch black, going backwards at about 90 with the tires spinning, I somehow kept it on the road just ever so slightly touching the guardrail enough to break a marker lense on the car. The measured skidmarks were over 600ft.
I'm sitting in the middle of the road now pointing the other way. I killed the lights and tried to restart the car as it had stalled. The intention was to sedate pass them going the other way as that would be unexpected and then take off again before they thought to turn around. Never found out if this brilliant scheme would work as the car wouldn't start. What seemed at the time to be five minutes later I saw their lights coming so I turned mine back on. Guns drawn, I was told to get out of the car and put in back of one of the cruisers. I saw them searching every nook and cranny of the car as I obvious had to be up to something. Nope just a moron!
Car got towed to a nearby garage and I got it the next day. They actually brought me home but I asked them to wait so that I could wake my wife up and they could explain what I did. Sat outside for awhile after that as I didn't want to go in.
End result=fleeing and attempting elude, reckless driving, driving on the wrong side of the road, the 77 in a 45 and a couple other things. Ending up losing my license for 6 months, paying $1300 in fines at a time when $100 would be a killer and doing 50 hours of community service (probably only did half that as I was doing stuff like painted and cleaning the town hall and the mayor was writing down more time than I was doing )

Still have the speed addiction in me but try my best to keep it under control. I use cruise control in the car whenever possible any fast stuff is rare and just in back roads where civilization barely exist.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Jason1

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 05:36:08 AM »

Making a police car roll in a chase years ago on my R6.  $10,000 in fines and penalties.  And I paid for the cop car.
pennyrobber

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 08:08:48 AM »

Worst single ticket was an excessive speed fine somewhere in the California desert.

Worst stop was a triple ticket. I was doing about 10 over moving with traffic in the right lane. At an intersection the car in front of me got on the brakes heavy to make a right hand turn (no turn signal). I swerved into the center lane and went through what had then became a yellow light. A few moments later I was being pulled over. I hadn't even taken my helmet off yet when the cop started in yelling and screaming. He calmed down and turned out to be a polite and friendly guy. He ticketed me for speeding, changing lanes without signaling, and running a red light.

I took it to court and got everything but the speeding ticket tossed out. The lane change ticket was legitimate but I absolutely didn't run the light.

It's been a long time since though and thankfully I have never been tossed in jail for any traffic violation.

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 08:51:13 AM »

143 in a 65 will net you the following in Iowa:

1 night in jail (the 2am phone call to my dad went something like this: Me: Dad, I am in jail...can you come get me out? Dad: God damn son of a....click *dial tone* And I didn't see or hear from him until I walked myself the 7 miles home from the jail the next morning).
$1653 in fines, surcharges and court cost.
80 hours of community service.
1 year license suspension.
2 years of probation with any moving violation after the 1 year suspension resulting in a 5 year suspension.
A lengthy lecture from a very angry judge.

And...a discussion with the arresting officer about how to squeeze 460hp out of a 406 Chevy small block. He was actually pretty cool considering. Apparently, because I stopped...  bang head

I have a severe addiction to speed. I have learned to use it a bit more wisely in my old age but I still have dodged some pretty big revisits to the above. I was 18 at the time and 2 months from joining the Army. They held me out of basic until I got a final disposition on the case and were none too happy because I was supposed to have or be able to obtain a valid driver's license for my MOS. I got lucky because after some quick talking, my recruiter got me a 2 year stint in a position where I would not be required to drive off post.

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »

Reckless Driving & Attempt to Allude in my 74 Charger, w/440. Big ol' fine and a 90 day suspension of license. I pulled over at the 2nd road block as figured that I wouldn't be able to out run the radio.

Or you could be this guy: http://www.columbian.com/news/2012/mar/08/driver-gets-3-tickets-1-hour-driving-90-mph/

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: