Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 03:50:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 514458 times)
scott_araujo

« Reply #1515 on: July 02, 2009, 11:45:58 AM »

Yeah, touch something or point something out to a friend, not so bad.  I like to take a really close look at other people's bikes now and then but never touch.  Sit on it, no way without permission.  It's things like this that make me want to get one of those 99dB alarms with a really sensitive motion detector, just to scare the crap out of people who get too close.  Maybe remind them they shouldn't touch other people's stuff without permission as they go to wash out their shorts.

I had a friend who came out to a crowded parking lot once to find two gorillas physically carrying his bike and putting it on the sidewalk so that they could take his parking spot.  C'mon, seriously?  It makes you wonder how much damage a helmet can do to someone's face if you swing it right.

Scott
bnbmike

« Reply #1516 on: July 02, 2009, 01:09:33 PM »

"if you do not remove yourself from my vehicle, i will assume you are trying to steal or damage it"

Sounds like ROBOCOP!

I have let little kids and hot chicks sit on my bike, but that's it.

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
Tailgunner

« Reply #1517 on: July 02, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »

I was told about a situation where this biker rode to his daughters H.S. graduation and parked his big H-D chopper out front. Later on there were pictures in the school paper of that schools principle posing on the chopper, totally w/o permission.   

Rufus120

« Reply #1518 on: July 02, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »

I haven't caught anyone messing with my bike yet and hopefully it won't happen.  I do have a snowmobile that I have caught people sitting on a few times.  One day a ran into the local bagel place to get breakfast and as I walk back to my car from across the street I watch as a whole family takes turns climbing on my trailer to get pictures. I'm not really sure what kind of parents let their kids (all 5 of them) climb all over others people stuff, but I yelled a few of the seven words you can't say on tv.  Let's just say from the looks on their face's I don't think they will be doing that again anytime soon.  Grin
desmosome

« Reply #1519 on: July 02, 2009, 05:52:55 PM »

been funny if you just got in the car and drove off with them still in the trailer...
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #1520 on: July 02, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »

Chicks and kids have both posed on my bike.  My brothers and Dad get to sit on it too.  Maybe even friends.

Never strangers.

You just do NOT walk up and straddle another man's (or woman's) machine.

And the douches who ask if it's the boyfriend's bike, making an assumption that a woman doesn't ride?  Yeah, they need to get smacked around.

-------------
Speaking of kids posing on bikes... last weekend I was at a BBQ in Sandy.  One of the little ones now has a couple great baby pictures:

I'm a firm believer in indoctrinating kiddos early.  Wink

(NOTE: there was an adult crouched behind the bike holding said kiddo to make sure she did not fall off)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:14:47 PM by duc_fan » Logged

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
desmosome

« Reply #1521 on: July 03, 2009, 12:56:02 AM »

PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE BIKE OR I WILL USE LETHAL FORCE.
desmosome

« Reply #1522 on: July 03, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »

I guess now as good as a time as any to introduce my friend mark...

trenner

« Reply #1523 on: July 03, 2009, 05:38:32 AM »

Don't ever sit on another man's bike.

Sons of Anarchy.  Can't wait for the new season....
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1524 on: July 03, 2009, 06:23:59 AM »

Ever have inane rambling thoughts???   I was flipping through channels and hit the Sci Fi channel to catch a little old school "Aliens"... and it dawned on me... I bet them male alien things never get any head... cause come on man... that queen had like 5 rows of teeth... I had cheese grater nightmares for a week.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #1525 on: July 03, 2009, 12:43:53 PM »

I guess now as good as a time as any to introduce my friend mark...

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Rowan looks nervous

Darkhorse den mother
Rufus120

« Reply #1526 on: July 03, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »

Ever have inane rambling thoughts???   I was flipping through channels and hit the Sci Fi channel to catch a little old school "Aliens"... and it dawned on me... I bet them male alien things never get any head... cause come on man... that queen had like 5 rows of teeth... I had cheese grater nightmares for a week.

All the time.  I've learned to keep most of em to myself.  Not that you should have kept this one to yourself.  Poor poor aliens, maybe that's why they are always trying to eat people.
ryandalling

« Reply #1527 on: July 04, 2009, 08:34:43 AM »

Poor poor aliens, maybe that's why they are always trying to eat people.

Puts a whole new spin on the movie, eh? Alien men driven mad from lack of head... start eating humans... news at 11.  Grin

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
scott_araujo

« Reply #1528 on: July 06, 2009, 07:34:59 AM »

We painted half the inside of my condo this weekend with No VOC paint.  This stuff rocks!  No fumes at all.  Paint smell doesn't really bother me but you can't smell anything at all with this stuff.  I'm getting this from now on, it's just so much nicer.  The only down side is that it costs a little more and it's a little gooier to clean out of rollers and brushes.

Now, having half your in-law family spend the entire holiday weekend inside a small condo fixing it up, that's volatile!  We made it all the way until Sunday night before the fight broke out.  Pretty good all things considered.

And Widmer Hefeweizen mini kegs rock too!

Scott
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:47:19 AM by scott_araujo » Logged
ryandalling

« Reply #1529 on: July 06, 2009, 08:05:07 AM »

I can only do an hour or two with the family before things get overly volatile.  waytogo

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: