Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:17:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508308 times)
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #1335 on: May 11, 2009, 07:34:22 PM »

Marvellous -

Are you up for having a beer and munchies Saturday night?  My pal Eric and I are going to be riding west from John Day on Saturday - the last day of our 3 day tour.

I'm trying to convince him to extend it to a 4th day and spend Sat night in Bend.  I found some cheap digs I can stay in Bend.

What do you say?  I know Bend is reeeeeally boring, no restaurants or bars to speak of  Grin.

I will buy you dinner.  Consider it my wedding gift to you and Gracie and Zacharoo because sadly I will not be able to attend your wedding for which I'm quite bummed.

Even if Eric bails on me Saturday and heads for Portland, I will still go to Bend on Sat solo.

I'd be thrilled if you'd let me do this to you . . . er . . . for you  Smiley.

JohnnyD

desmosome

« Reply #1336 on: May 11, 2009, 08:20:41 PM »

nah i wasn't saying that....

scott_araujo

« Reply #1337 on: May 12, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »

Dan, my '03 800 used to pop into the air box a lot around 3-4k.  Despite the many and varied claims that I absolutely NEEDED a PC3 or similar to fix this everything was fine when I did a tune up and adjusted the idle mixture.  I have the 5.9 ECU so I needed the VDSTS to do this.  I think you have the older ECU that has a screw on the ECU to adjust the idle mixture.  Not sure which ECU you have, I may be wrong.  You may just need a tune up to get things right:  TPS set, throttle body/carb synch, idle speed and mixture set, valve check, plugs, air filter.  Pretty easy stuff really unless you have one of the ECUs that needs to be adjusted via computer.  If you've got the 5.9 ECU I can help you adjust it since I have the VDSTS.

Scott
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #1338 on: May 13, 2009, 06:12:33 PM »

Dan, my '03 800 used to pop into the air box a lot around 3-4k.  Despite the many and varied claims that I absolutely NEEDED a PC3 or similar to fix this everything was fine when I did a tune up and adjusted the idle mixture.  I have the 5.9 ECU so I needed the VDSTS to do this.  I think you have the older ECU that has a screw on the ECU to adjust the idle mixture.  Not sure which ECU you have, I may be wrong.  You may just need a tune up to get things right:  TPS set, throttle body/carb synch, idle speed and mixture set, valve check, plugs, air filter.  Pretty easy stuff really unless you have one of the ECUs that needs to be adjusted via computer.  If you've got the 5.9 ECU I can help you adjust it since I have the VDSTS.

Scott

Thanks Scott, I'll need to go down that list, especially the TPS setting and TB sync.  I haven't checked those since I bought the bike 6k miles ago.  Yes, I have the older 1.5 ECU.  Gonna have to do some reading, I've heard about this idle setting via screw, but haven't seen said screw.  Air filter is a still-clean K&N (I check it once or twice a season).  Plugs are on my to-replace list.  Might buy wires while I'm at it.

Jon, I'll have to make sure my shifts are positive.  It's only on downshifting that I'm having the issue.  I wonder if my boot is slipping off the shifter?  Anyway, it makes me curious because I didn't have this issue until this season, then it got a little worse after installing the drop brackets.

------------------

In other news: I am probably moving out to the White Salmon/Bingen WA area!  Interview went really well, and their HR guy is going through the last steps of conferring with the engineers who interviewed me, and making up an offer.  90%+ probability at this point.  It's a very, very cool Systems Engineering position on a brand-new team that's growing and developing a whole new process.  An opportunity to work with the creation of something!

So yeah, anyone know about housing in North Bonneville, Stevenson, White Salmon, Bingen, or further east?  If I am to move out there, I'd rather stay on the WA side for tax purposes.  Finding an affordable place with a 2-car garage is turning into quite the bugger.  I don't want to get too far east, with family and friends in Portland, but it seems homes are a lot more affordable out north of The Dalles.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #1339 on: May 13, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »

Is the job in WA?

Hey, if you do move out that way, you'll have no excuse for not going on a Cougar Run. [moto]

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
scott_araujo

« Reply #1340 on: May 13, 2009, 08:48:51 PM »

Hope it all comes through Dan.

Scott
bnbmike

« Reply #1341 on: May 13, 2009, 09:43:58 PM »

If the job is in Oregon, you still pay Oregon income tax.  Unless you buy a house, no tax advantage, unless it's a WA based company and they can pay you out of the WA "office."

I am not a paid actor.
Please consult your tax professional.

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
NEIKOS
« Reply #1342 on: May 14, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »

Whoa . . . what happened to the . . . everything?!?

It's so bright!  Cool
SaltLick
« Reply #1343 on: May 14, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »

this isnt good.
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1344 on: May 14, 2009, 08:46:38 AM »

Put your tinfoil hats away. They're doing board maintenance.  waytogo
SaltLick
« Reply #1345 on: May 14, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »

Put your tinfoil hats away. They're doing board maintenance.  waytogo

im scared, somebody hold my hand.....
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1346 on: May 14, 2009, 10:46:33 AM »

im scared, somebody hold my hand.....

That's not my hand...  cheeky

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1347 on: May 14, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »

Ever just want to scream???

Ran home early to grab a document for a call. Open garage and see water and floor... seaping through the ceiling.... turns out that a toilet upstairs was stuck running and had over flowed since 7 am.... I had to cut holes in the sheet rock to let all the water drain out... and had to shut power off to the garage as the water was leaking out of the light fictures and garage door opener outlet....ugh.... guess it could have been worse.... if I hadnt have come home... but now I have a mess to clean up.... aaargh.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Mother
« Reply #1348 on: May 14, 2009, 06:47:13 PM »

that sucks
NEIKOS
« Reply #1349 on: May 14, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »

I have a new helmet.

I have new boots.

I got nothin else to say bout that.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: