Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:55:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508339 times)
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1320 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50:19 PM »

Just an update:

I completed my IP this weekend and am now an Official TeamOR Apprentice!  Once I complete that, then I will become an Intern, then once I complete THAT, I'll be a full Instructor!!!  Slowly but surely getting there!!  Smiley

Congrats man!! We so proud of you.  waytogo

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #1321 on: May 04, 2009, 06:00:03 PM »

Hey, that's pretty frackin sweet, Marvs!  waytogo

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #1322 on: May 04, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »

Just an update:

I completed my IP this weekend and am now an Official TeamOR Apprentice!  Once I complete that, then I will become an Intern, then once I complete THAT, I'll be a full Instructor!!!  Slowly but surely getting there!!  Smiley

Now for sleep...
m

Excellent, Marvellous. 

Hey, the above expression is accurate, repetitive and funny, too!     laughingdp

Seriously, good job.

I mean:  Good, Marvellous!   laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Not bad, Marvellous!   laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Stop!  I have to stop.  I'm sorry, buddy.

Ok, I'm better now.  Calm.  The rain has driven me batty.

Truthfully, even though I have my endorsement already, I'd wanna take the class with you as the instructor.

Word.
Tailgunner

« Reply #1323 on: May 05, 2009, 10:04:32 AM »

Here we go...
Truthfully, even though I have my endorsement already, I'd wanna take the class with you as the instructor.
... STALKER!  Tongue

Congrats man, that's marvellous!!!  waytogo
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #1324 on: May 05, 2009, 05:30:41 PM »

Muchos thank you everyone!! 

And as far as my stalker (AKA JohnnyD), become an instructor yourself and we'll teach others to stay up on two wheels together! Smiley

Happy Cinqo de Mayo everyone!
m

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #1325 on: May 07, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »

Mother, what's with the name change? 
 Huh?

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
ryandalling

« Reply #1326 on: May 08, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »

Mother, what's with the name change? 
 Huh?

The Social Security Admin just released the top baby names for 2008... Jacob is the most common baby name for 10 years running. (While Emma just bumped Emily off her 12 year perch at number one.)

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1327 on: May 08, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »

The Social Security Admin just released the top baby names for 2008... Jacob is the most common baby name for 10 years running. (While Emma just bumped Emily off her 12 year perch at number one.)

Oooh, good guess!

Its actually from this:

ooh ooh can my rapper name be Ol' Dirty Assed Buzzard?
desmosome

« Reply #1328 on: May 10, 2009, 11:18:24 AM »

i pulled a ryan and lost a bolts holding down my windscreen

lucky i was on the freeway and able to pull out the loose part

Tailgunner

« Reply #1329 on: May 10, 2009, 08:41:30 PM »

i pulled a ryan and lost bolts holding down my windscreen

lucky i was on the freeway and able to pull out the loose part

You mean you exited the freeway by way of the grassy knoll?  laughingdp 
ryandalling

« Reply #1330 on: May 11, 2009, 07:23:44 AM »

You mean you exited the freeway by way of the grassy knoll?  laughingdp 

Nah... I lost my wind screen fairing bolt on the track last Monday... and had to do a quick stop and fix to avoid losing things.

However, I do appreciate the grassy knoll track exit comment. I am proud of my motocross skillz.  Grin  As long as I keep the bike upright.

On a side note... what the ya is going around??? I feel like I have been sick for a month.  bang head
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:55:01 AM by ryandalling » Logged

desmosome

« Reply #1331 on: May 11, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »

Ryan this is what u have...

the summer time blues...

The Who- Summertime Blues

First song i ever learned to play... sat down with my Dad's Who album and figured it out..
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #1332 on: May 11, 2009, 01:36:39 PM »

So yeah, my weekend riding brought up a couple of issues...

False neutrals: happened to me on a fairly regular basis, when downshifting 4th-3rd, and 3rd-2nd.  Not sure if it's happening in the higher gears, because I wasn't going that fast.  Kinda hairy when entering a corner to click off a downshift, let out the clutch lever, and realise there's no power going to the rear wheel.  Could just be my shift lever adjustment after lowering the pegs, but I figured I'd throw it out there to see if this is a symptom of anything more sinister.  Only other mechanical change that could affect gearbox operation was an oil change the day before my ride, though that should *improve* operation, not degrade it.

Airbox coughing: holy crap, that bike is having serious issues around 3k RPM, when trying to maintain speed and pace traffic.  It's coughing into the airbox like crazy (more so than in the past).  I can't imagine what it looks like to other drivers... my bike doing this herky-jerk speed-up-slow-down routine.  It finally settles down when I get some open road and can crack the throttle open.  Would a throttle-body sync improve this, or is there something more insidious going on?  It seems to love life when I come out of a corner, whack the throttle open, and powershift 2nd-3rd-4th before backing off the throttle once I hit 85-90 mph.  It's only having trouble when trying to maintain speeds & pace traffic in the 30-40 mph range.  It's acting like the engine needs a load on it to run smoothly. When accelerating, or once I'm going fast enough that there's significant aerodynamic drag, it's happy.

Other than those two issues, the motor ran REALLY well this weekend.  Between the oil change and timing belts, it felt more responsive and even sounded smoother.  Maybe it's placebo effect, maybe not.  Without a dyno and lab instrumentation, there's no way to know.  It just felt better.  Can't wait to get the valves checked and the TBs sync'd.  waytogo

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
desmosome

« Reply #1333 on: May 11, 2009, 04:13:56 PM »

Dan-

Fase neutrals:

common on ducs (prolly all bikes??)

I get them too
kinda sux coming into turn 1  Shocked
(i think Sean crashed his duc due to a false neutral during a fast turn)
The fix can be found in the user....
To make sure you have a firm positive shift
To do so I  preload shifter prior to clutch engagement
I mostly get FNs when "snicking" it into a gear.
So be firm and assertive. 

Inconsistent throttle at low speeds:

Me too....

Fix... go faster/downshift

lol

my 2 cents...

tell me if you find otherwise...
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #1334 on: May 11, 2009, 07:14:47 PM »

Is there a 'short' between the seat and the handlebars/gear lever?  Tongue

Oh and mmmmm.... ( . )( . )

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: