Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508430 times)
SaltLick
« Reply #1140 on: March 11, 2009, 05:12:11 AM »

I have noticed that our little forum has seem to die out a bit too.  I have started to follow the pnwriders.com forum more than this one now.  If you are on there jbubble i have the same name. 

i think things should pick up soon once the weather gets better. I know ill be riding every weekend, my tank is still off my bike right now but ill have it on by not this weekend but next. Ill post up when i ride, see if anyone wants to go. My friend got a yamaha R1 so ill be riding with him alot this year, wed be happy to have company. Victor usually posts up the bigger rides. As for getting together for drinks ect. we use to try to have a weekly get together at that crappy place in SE portland til it shut down or whatever. I think we should pick a spot come April and try to meet there once a week or every other week again.
NEIKOS
« Reply #1141 on: March 11, 2009, 05:15:30 AM »

I'm about 1/2 way to skipping out of work at lunch and not returning on Friday to totally taking the day off.  It's going to be weather dependent I think.

I realized this morning we need a folder or a thread or whatever with "favorite" rides posted so lame asses like myself can easily find something to do with directions, duration, etc. all laid out . . .
NEIKOS
« Reply #1142 on: March 11, 2009, 05:17:14 AM »

Did I mention that waking up at 3:18 for no make the beast with two backsing apparent reason on a fairly consistent basis holds within it's inherency as much appear as a Mastiff chewing on your fun sack?  Angry
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1143 on: March 11, 2009, 06:05:19 AM »

Did I mention that waking up at 3:18 for no make the beast with two backsing apparent reason on a fairly consistent basis holds within it's inherency as much appear as a Mastiff chewing on your fun sack?  Angry

That sucks Chuck.  Undecided  I hope you figure that one out so you can get a full nights sleep.

If y'all only hang out when its riding season, no worries, I'm cool with that. I was looking more for some off season stuff when its snowy up here and I can get in the car and see people. I'm not trying to criticize or anything so please don't take it that way.

I have noticed that our little forum has seem to die out a bit too.  I have started to follow the pnwriders.com forum more than this one now.  If you are on there jbubble i have the same name. 

Hey, I went ahead and joined late last night. I saw you and S2R1k femme.  waytogo
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1144 on: March 11, 2009, 06:06:07 AM »

It's the full moon. It's messing with you.  Officially full last night... damn it was huge this morning too.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #1145 on: March 11, 2009, 06:28:35 AM »

. . . damn it was huge this morning too.

That's what she said.  laughingdp
ryandalling

« Reply #1146 on: March 11, 2009, 08:28:52 AM »

That's what she said.  laughingdp

Actually, she did say that.  Grin

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #1147 on: March 11, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »

Did I mention that waking up at 3:18 for a Mastiff chewing on your fun sack?  Angry

When your done, send him over.

Did you name him Jacob too?

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #1148 on: March 11, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »

So, I'm pretty lonely and people don't seem to be getting together much anymore. Anybody got any suggestions for some other local forums? I was looking and PNWRiders. The Oregon section of the sportbikes.ws forum is a little hard to navigate.

And Vic, I'll run down to the P.O. Box tomorrow afternoon if Mother doesn't get there first.  waytogo

I dont want to speak for Cierra, but you can always come down and hang out.

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
Bendy

« Reply #1149 on: March 11, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »

Don't you go old school on that stuff, arc welding?  I took a class in high school and discovered that arc welding was a talent I didn't have.  I could do the row of nickels, but not where I wanted them, or where they needed to be.

Yeah, we break out the rod for repairs in the field, and wire at the shop for high-production awesomeness. The diesel welding machines on our service trucks are primarily set up for arc, but most have auxiliary wire setups that go along with them. Really handy for times when you need to build up something that is worn loose, and grind it down to proper tolerance.
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #1150 on: March 11, 2009, 06:46:23 PM »

JBub, get-togethers are definitely more frequent during riding season... when us fair-weather sallys are willing to take the Ducs out.  We also like excuses for gigs, and when a distant DMFer is in town (like you, last year) it's an excuse to go drinkin'.  Grin  See, ya moved too close, and now you can't "visit" and give us an excuse to go out!  cheeky

In other news... I installed a set of mirrors on the SS today that have integrated turn signals.  Much spiffier. waytogo  Now I need to figure out what the heck I'm doing with the ugly holes in the fairing where the old blinkers went.

Still need to order timing belts.  Also realised today that I have all the stuff to do the kickstand switch bypass so I can start mine on the sidestand.  2001 was one of those goofy years where ya can't start it with the kickstand down at all, not even in neutral.  Been meaning to fix that.  I was too busy workin' and ridin' to mess with it last year.  Maybe I'll finally get around to that this spring...

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
SaltLick
« Reply #1151 on: March 11, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »

We do need to get a "sticky" up there for just rides.

On a side note, i am going to try to plan a summer party at my house this year. keg of good beer, area just for MC parking in front of my house, good food and my band is going to play then anyone else that wants to play can come up too (billy?) im going to get a permit so we can make alot of noise. I got a big back yard, so it should be fun.  Dont be discouraged jbubb, alot happens during the summer and fall, people still try to hold on for a while but come christmas time everyone peters out til about May, then people start poking thier heads out of the hybernation den.
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1152 on: March 11, 2009, 08:16:01 PM »

I guess I'm not being clear. I give up.

Mo, thanks for the offer. Maybe I'll give cierra a call some time and see if she wants company.
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #1153 on: March 11, 2009, 10:10:53 PM »

You said 'sticky'....

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
ryandalling

« Reply #1154 on: March 12, 2009, 03:50:35 AM »

I guess I'm not being clear. I give up.

Every Wednesday, I shoot pool at different bars. Feel free to come visit. Many times on weekends too. You been to a Portland nooodie bar yet? We can introduce you to our plethura of fun bars.  Evil

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: